JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martin O'Neill fulsome in praise for Aiden McGeady

+3
ADRIAN_1976
villanfromluton
Jay.P.A
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Martin O'Neill fulsome in praise for Aiden McGeady - Page 2 Empty Re: Martin O'Neill fulsome in praise for Aiden McGeady

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:31 pm

I agree with Jay re that formation, may be another winger Ades, but gives us the chance of playing that system. Still definetly need at least one central midfielder though, anyone know how Delph is getting on?
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Martin O'Neill fulsome in praise for Aiden McGeady - Page 2 Empty Re: Martin O'Neill fulsome in praise for Aiden McGeady

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:30 pm

I agree it makes us play another system.. and i can see Ireland making breaks from midfield but i still think we need someone who can keep the ball in the middle and make that killer pass.. not sure if Ash is that type of player but u never know.. i prefer bentley on the right to Mcgeady.. and NRC wont be in the reckoning.. so need to buy another midfielder..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:58 pm

Have faith in Ashley Young, you dopey git Ades Wink
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:38 pm

QBVILLA wrote:i'd be delighted to get Ireland to Villa.Mal, the fact he can't get into the Man City side isn't a valid enough reason to say he's not good enough.Hughes had him as first choice up until he was injured and upon his return he couldn't get back into the side under Mancini.your flamini argument is a weak one also.There are players at top clubs around the world sitting on the bench who'd walk into the Villa side.

Pleased for you QB: it doesn't matter a jot who else in the rest of the world can't get in there team and that you support that with a grossly sweeping statement like they would walk into a Villa team.

Which players are these QB and how do you know they would walk into a Villa team, and if they can walk into a Villa team why the sh1t are we not out there buying them if they are that good, unless your suggesting any player worth his salt his happy to spend his career on the bench in which case Villa shouldn't want them anyway, its no good whatsoever a manager buying bodies as they say when he hasn't even got a proper full strong first team with every player wanting to be part of that first team. Don't know about my argument being weak when you can't put a credible one forward.

Ireland was part of the first team as you say under Hughes....Hughes was sacked because Man City under there new owners have far greater ambitions and they did not think Hughes or his squad was of the right stuff to do that, and to achieve those ambitions takes money and players like Ireland will never cut the mustard at that level, mid-table player at best, loads of them, if Villa where not looking at him it would be teams like B'ham City, Wigan or Sunderland, come to think of it are Sunderland the other team looking at him.

The point is we are selling supposedly Villa's best asset, suppposedly Villa's most and credible money generator, supposedly Villa best player, selling Milner to Man City and then possibly excepting back a player that sits on the bench for Man City but will take up a role as first choice at Villa as a TYPE of replacement for this valuable Villa asset that they are getting.

We should be looking at better than Ireland if we want to improve in fact we should belooking at all these players you refer to that can walk into the Villa side. Now that is a sound arguement.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:42 pm

You are in a good mood Mal, everyone is entitled to their opinions and I happen to agree with QB that Ireland would be an asset to our team. Yes, Man City can go buy whooever they want and they are in a different league finance wise from just about everybody else.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:52 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
Just cus your Fridays not going well doesnt mean you feck everyone elses up too.. Mad Mad

Ha ha, my day is going well. Just feeling peed off at the thought out most exciting signing been Robbie Keane, just so dull.

I saw this on Villatalk though, which was by a Celtic fan about McGeady which was interesting, as I think we will be signing him.

Celtic_Fan wrote:I was going to post this on the McGeady thread but don't have access so I'll post it here:

As a Celtic fan I’ve been having a read through your forum since Aiden McGeady has been linked with a move to Villa.

A number of people have made sweeping comments about McGeady being rubbish when in reality I suspect that they actually know very little about him. I guess the reason for the prejudice is the fact that he is playing in Scotland. While I accept that the SPL isn’t the best quality it is comparable with a number of other European Leagues. If Villa were linked with an £8-10M move for a highly rated 24 year old that played for Anderlecht in the Belgian League would there be so much opposition?

For what it’s worth I reckon that Aiden McGeady is the most naturally gifted player to come out of Scotland for a number of years (technically superior, more resilient and a better mentality to Shaun Maloney who he has been compared to on this forum) He is a great dribbler, has very quick feet, and despite people suggesting otherwise does have an end product. People who question his end product focus on the occasions when he fluffs a cross rather than the times when he puts in a great ball only to see the striker squander the chance. There was a game against Dundee United last season where Aiden laid on 4 gilt edged chances in the first half and the strikers spurned all of them.

His best position is as a left winger although he can play on the right. His strengths are his ability to beat most full-backs when one on one, and his ability to produce a trick to get the fans on their feet. His weakness is his lack of goals. When he cuts inside he is often off balance which results in a high proportion of shots missing the target.

In his first few seasons he was unplayable to such an extent that opponents now double up on McGeady in every game.

Last season was particularly hard for McGeady as he was often played out of position on the right hand side in a very poor Celtic side. He was the player that the team relied on to change the game and I think that the extra responsibility resulted in McGeady trying to win games single-handedly. Despite this he still scored 7 goals and laid on 14 for the worst collection of Celtic strikers in living memory. Had Robbie Keane been at Celtic all season I reckon that McGeady would have had at least 20 assists.

Aiden has begun to stagnate at Celtic and now is the right time for him and Celtic to part company. Aiden McGeady will be a success if he moves to the Premier League as the opposition will not be able to single him out for special treatment the way they do up here. Having had a look at some of the full-backs that he would be up against I’ve got no reason to see why he couldn’t get the better of the majority of them.

I can see why you might not want Villa to buy another winger but I reckon that if you sign him he’ll be good for 5 or 6 goals and 10 assists per season and will be a fan’s favourite by Christmas.

Have to say Rot as far as I'm concerned this blokes point goes right out the window and isn't worth reading with just that one statement, what do you think he means by "I guess its because he plays in Scotland and prejudice, what does he mean by that.....sounds like a twat to me, does he not realise that we have players from Ireland playing for Villa, and that we had Maloney playing for Villa as well as many others over the years.....what he also has to take on board is the fact that AM is playing for one of the weakest Celtic sides seen for a generation, and where it not for the fact that Rangers are selling there players at a rate of knots IMO would trounce them this season, but that's not just my opinion its a good few Celtic fans opinion also.

Tell you how credible he is, he makes reference to 4 gilt edged chances he set up v Dundee Laughing yeah right......carry on doing selling job mate and keep your gilt edged player..thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:41 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Have faith in Ashley Young, you dopey git Ades Wink

Lutes i think Ash will smash it this season.. he is always a threat even if he is playing shite in a game.. but he still isnt a Riquleme Modric Alonso Sneijder type of player thou..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:25 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

Lutes i think Ash will smash it this season.. he is always a threat even if he is playing shite in a game.. but he still isnt a Riquleme Modric Alonso Sneijder type of player thou..

Are any of them players the same type of player? Or do you just mean foreign?

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:33 pm

ROT, ignore him, he is talking bollox as normal. How is the deep lying Sneider the same as the beating a player more forward thinking Alonso
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:33 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

Are any of them players the same type of player? Or do you just mean foreign?

I mean a player who can play in midfield and create chances keep possesion unlock a defence.. its wat we need for sure to add to the flair we have in Young.. and yes they are all foreign.. didnt you see how shit we were in the World Cup to realise we dont have that type of player.. even if we did.. he wouldnt be coming to Villa......
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:34 pm

villanfromluton wrote:ROT, ignore him, he is talking bollox as normal. How is the deep lying Sneider the same as the beating a player more forward thinking Alonso

You wont get it.. you were the part of the crew that actually thought we would beat the Germans Tosspot
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:46 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:ROT, ignore him, he is talking bollox as normal. How is the deep lying Sneider the same as the beating a player more forward thinking Alonso

You wont get it.. you were the part of the crew that actually thought we would beat the Germans Tosspot

We fceking did, twice, and show more respect to Jak and JPR. Without the like of them, the Germans would be in charge here. You ignorant git Mad
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:48 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

We fceking did, twice, and show more respect to Jak and JPR. Without the like of them, the Germans would be in charge here. You ignorant git Mad

Wink
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:49 pm

Being fair Ades, you cant compare Alonso and Scneijder, totally different players. Reckon we could accomodate both
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:58 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Being fair Ades, you cant compare Alonso and Scneijder, totally different players. Reckon we could accomodate both

What i meant Lutes was that we dont have that certain type of midfielder.. we have the wingers a strong defence but need either a Alonso.. who can nit passes and keep possesion or more importantly a sniejder/van der vaart type of player who make things happen.. when Ash Young and the crosses arent workign he can unlock soemthing..

But lets see what happens.. you never know we might just end up getting soemone Shocked
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:30 pm

I have to say I have the least enthusiasm for the game than I have ever done. Man City is a joke, England was a farce, an awful lot of these players need to realise a lot of people love watching the game and place a great deal of importance on it.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:54 pm

You guys worry too much.

The season hasn't even kicked off yet and you lot are scared already!

It will take ALOT of time for Man City's team to gel, don't forget that guys.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:58 pm

Jay, I am talking about football in general when I say that, not about Villa
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:31 am

Jay.P.A wrote:Reckon this might be what MON will go for at this moment in time, if we sell Milner and buy McGeady:

-----------Friedel
Cuellar Collins Dunne Warnock
--------Petrov NRC-----------
Downing-------------McGeady
----------Young-------------
--------------Gabby---------

Not too bad to be honest. I'd like to give that a go when we're not playing at home

Petrov and NRC would be weak IMO. NRC can't pass and petrov isn't quite good enough. If Milner has gone for £20 odd million we need a direct replacement.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:31 am

Oh, alright then What a Face
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:34 am

villainies wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote:Reckon this might be what MON will go for at this moment in time, if we sell Milner and buy McGeady:

-----------Friedel
Cuellar Collins Dunne Warnock
--------Petrov NRC-----------
Downing-------------McGeady
----------Young-------------
--------------Gabby---------

Not too bad to be honest. I'd like to give that a go when we're not playing at home

Petrov and NRC would be weak IMO. NRC can't pass and petrov isn't quite good enough. If Milner has gone for £20 odd million we need a direct replacement.

To be fair Jay did say at this moment in time, but McGeady isnt our player yet, so he is thinking slightly ahead. Think the formation is what Jay may have been thinking about. As for NRC, was Makalele a great passer? Think NRC needs to realise his limitations, great destructive player, but not a ball player. Villainies, agree with you re Petrov, though this formation may suit him better
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:42 am

Early days yet I guess. Ultimately though I think MON prefers 4 4 2 and will want to bring in another forward as well as a replacement for Milner. We might be stuck with Petrov/NRc who are more than competent but just aren't quite on it..
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:51 am

villainies wrote:Early days yet I guess. Ultimately though I think MON prefers 4 4 2 and will want to bring in another forward as well as a replacement for Milner. We might be stuck with Petrov/NRc who are more than competent but just aren't quite on it..

Is that an apology to Jay then tosspot Rolling Eyes
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:15 am

villanfromluton wrote:
villainies wrote:Early days yet I guess. Ultimately though I think MON prefers 4 4 2 and will want to bring in another forward as well as a replacement for Milner. We might be stuck with Petrov/NRc who are more than competent but just aren't quite on it..

Are you on the glue? we're all talking what if's aren't we and i was merely pointing out that NRC and Petrov would be weak IMHO.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:18 am

villainies wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

Are you on the glue? we're all talking what if's aren't we and i was merely pointing out that NRC and Petrov would be weak IMHO.

You will get used to the glue in Bristol. I think I was trying to say that Jay was saying on the players at our disposal at the present time, hence I said McGeady was not our player. You been round St Puls tonight by any chance?
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next