JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much money

+6
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
villainies
villanfromluton
ADRIAN_1976
Jay.P.A
Bedshammer
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How much money Empty How much money

Post  Bedshammer Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:47 pm

did MoN spend on players during his time at Villa? I just said it was loads, but Mr B disagrees, the crazy fool.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

How much money Empty Re: How much money

Post  Guest Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:50 pm

Well over £100m, I think.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:08 pm

I'll just find out, gimme a sec...
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:11 pm

MON's Transfers To Date:

FIRST SEASON 2006/2007 :

Out

Kevin Phillips WBA £700k
Matthieu Berson Levante £1m
Ulises De La Cruz Reading Free
Peter Whittingham Cardiff City £250k
Eric Djemba Djemba Quatar Free
Juan Pablo Angel New York Red Bulls Free
Milan Baros Lyon Swap
Mark Delaney Retired

In

Stiliyan Petrov Celtic £6.5m
Didier Agathe Celtic Free
Chris Sutton Celtic Free
Phil Bardsley Manchester United Loan
Gabor Kiraly Crystal Palace Loan
John Carew Lyon Swap
Ashley Young Watford £9.65m
Shaun Maloney Celtic £1.1m

SECOND SEASON 2007/2008:

Out

Gary Cahill Bolton Undisc (in region of £4m?)
Liam Ridgewell Birmingham £2m
Jlloyd Samuel Bolton Free
Lee Hendrie Sheffield United Free
Chris Sutton Retired
Didier Agathe released
Steven Davis Fulham £4m
Aaron Hughes Fulham £1m
Gavin McCann Bolton £1m
Robert Olejnik Falkirk Free

In

Wayne Routledge Tottenham £1.5m
Moustapha Salifou FC Wil Undisc.
Curtis Davies West Brom Loan
Zat Knight Fulham £3.5m
Scott Carson Liverpool Loan
Harry Forrester Watford £250 000 initial fee rising on appearances
Eric Lichaj Unattached Free
Marlon Harewood West Ham Undisc (region of £3.5m?)
Nigel Reo-Coker West Ham £8.5m

THIRD SEASON 2008/2009

Out:

Luke Moore (West Brom - £3.5million)
Olof Mellberg (Juventus - free)
Patrick Berger (Sparta Prague - free)
Thomas Sorensen (released)
Shaun Maloney (Celtic, £1million)
Wayne Routledge (undisclosed)

In:

Curtis Davies (WBA undisclosed but around £7.5million?)
Steve Sidwell (Chelsea £5.5million)
Brad Friedel (Blackburn, undisclosed but in the region of £2 - £2.5million)
Brad Guzan (Chivas US, undisclosed, starts at around £800k up to £2m on appearances etc?)
Nicky Shorey (Reading, around £4m?)
Luke Young (Middlesbrough, around £5m?)
Carlos Cuellar (Rangers £7.8million)
James Milner (Newcastle, around £12million?)
Arsenio Halfhuid from Excelsior (undisclosed)
Emile Heskey from Wigan Athletic (£3.5m)

FOURTH SEASON 2009/2010

Out:

Gareth Barry (Manchester City, £12million)
Stuart Taylor (Manchester City, free)
Zat Knight (Bolton £4 - £4.5million)
Martin Laursen (retired)
Craig Garnder (Blues in January, £3.5million)

In

Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough around £10m + add ons)
Fabian Delph (Leeds United - undisclosed fee - around £6m including add ons?)
Habib Beye (Newcastle, undisclosed but around £3m?)
Andy Marshall (free agent)
Stephen Warnock (Blackburn Rovers - around £6m + add ons?)
James Collins (West Ham United - around £5m)
Richard Dunne (Manchester City - around £6m)

*Loan fees not included. Figures rounded up or down. Only a rough guideline!*

FIFTH SEASON 2010/2011

Out:

Andy Marshall (released)
Stephen O'Halloran (Coventry City - Free)
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:24 pm

In = £119.1

Out = 38.45

£80 million odd.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:18 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:In = £119.1

Out = 38.45

£80 million odd.

After taking a team that had shite that wernt even good enuf to play championship football.. besides Barry not one of them ( it hink ) is playing a good standard league..

Oneil was stubborn.. irratating in the transfer marker.. didnt look at foreign etc.. but the man did a briliant job.. only FOUR team in the last three seasons have finished top three.. Man U... Arsenal.. Chelsea and.................Villa...
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:19 am

I suppose the sale of Milner would have balanced those figures a bit, too.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:56 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

Out = 38.45

£80 million odd.

After taking a team that had shite that wernt even good enuf to play championship football.. besides Barry not one of them ( it hink ) is playing a good standard league..

Oneil was stubborn.. irratating in the transfer marker.. didnt look at foreign etc.. but the man did a briliant job.. only FOUR team in the last three seasons have finished top three.. Man U... Arsenal.. Chelsea and.................Villa...

Changed your tune now, aint you when you see the shite we have been linked with Tosspot Wink
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:17 am

Lerner has a copy of that list, sees the cronic waste of money amongst a handful of good signings and wants to offload MON. Suspect Offski the first season he doesn't get £40 odd million to spend. didums. A true measure of his management talents would've been seen this year if its true and he didn't have the money to spend, instead we've only seen him with bags of cash and oh how he's rinsed it on some real dross. With the money he's had I don't see what he's achieved as that remarkable, he's a good man but Villa will move on!
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:20 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

Out = 38.45

£80 million odd.

Am I missing something here but when did we finish 3rd in the last 4 years?

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  jannerblue Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:39 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

Out = 38.45

£80 million odd.

I was thinking that.. Can't remember that happening for a while.
jannerblue
jannerblue

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:40 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

Out = 38.45

£80 million odd.

Obviously we do well in FM!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:47 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

Out = 38.45

£80 million odd.

Fceking doughnut Very Happy
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:57 am

How much money Icon_biggrin
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:54 am

villanfromluton wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

Out = 38.45

£80 million odd.

Changed your tune now, aint you when you see the shite we have been linked with Tosspot Wink

I thought Liar was gonna start spouting his usual bollox.. thought i would shut him up before he even started.. forgot that you would ahve somethign to say about the matter Tosspot
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:56 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

Out = 38.45

£80 million odd.

Sorry.. meant top six.. only four teams have maintained a top six finish in the last three seasons and we are one fo them.. remarkable acheivement considering the competition..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:59 am

villainies wrote:Lerner has a copy of that list, sees the cronic waste of money amongst a handful of good signings and wants to offload MON. Suspect Offski the first season he doesn't get £40 odd million to spend. didums. A true measure of his management talents would've been seen this year if its true and he didn't have the money to spend, instead we've only seen him with bags of cash and oh how he's rinsed it on some real dross. With the money he's had I don't see what he's achieved as that remarkable, he's a good man but Villa will move on!

Net 80M spend to turn a team full of shit tottally around.. Angel Hendrie Bakke and the likes and managed three top six finishes and reach Wembley twice as nothing remarkable in your eyes.. wat planet are you living on..

Oneil had his faults and we all gave him constructive criticsm but to turn the squad around where we have players worth in the market over 20M is remarkable.. yes he brought a few that didnt do well.. but not even Wenger can pull out a gem for 5M everytime..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:31 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
villainies wrote:Lerner has a copy of that list, sees the cronic waste of money amongst a handful of good signings and wants to offload MON. Suspect Offski the first season he doesn't get £40 odd million to spend. didums. A true measure of his management talents would've been seen this year if its true and he didn't have the money to spend, instead we've only seen him with bags of cash and oh how he's rinsed it on some real dross. With the money he's had I don't see what he's achieved as that remarkable, he's a good man but Villa will move on!

Net 80M spend to turn a team full of shit tottally around.. Angel Hendrie Bakke and the likes and managed three top six finishes and reach Wembley twice as nothing remarkable in your eyes.. wat planet are you living on..

Oneil had his faults and we all gave him constructive criticsm but to turn the squad around where we have players worth in the market over 20M is remarkable.. yes he brought a few that didnt do well.. but not even Wenger can pull out a gem for 5M everytime..

I think he has done ok for what he has spent, after all I'm sure if you added up Sunderlands spending over the same time period it would be similiar or even higher and where are they finishing.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:42 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

I think he has done ok for what he has spent, after all I'm sure if you added up Sunderlands spending over the same time period it would be similiar or even higher and where are they finishing.

AV: Its not just what he spent, its what MON promised he would achieve after he's spent all this money, thats something we will never know..

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:58 am

Malachite wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

AV: Its not just what he spent, its what MON promised he would achieve after he's spent all this money, thats something we will never know..

I think the aim was to get into the champions league, our chance was a couple of seasons ago when we was 4th and 9 points clear of Arsenal. We stumbled that year and then we the re-emergance of spurs and of course Man City's millions it is now an impossible achievement on our budget.

Add to that the mounting debt and the fact that I'm sure Lerner could see that carrying on to spend in that fashion wouldnt propel us above man city anyway and its time to tighten the purse strings, sell of some players, consolidate the debt a bit and start again. MON didnt like it and is gone.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:06 am

I think the demise of a club like Liverpool shows that getting into the Champions League is no mean feat.Spurs finished teh season in excellent form, fair play to them for that but IMO they won't get near this time,and Man City have players sitting on their bench who'd be star turns in our side.6TH spot is unfortunately as far as we can go without laying out £100k a week wages.When joe Cole became available on a free we weren't even in the running because of his wage demands.As a competition the Premiership is long over as a contest
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:12 am

QBVILLA wrote:I think the demise of a club like Liverpool shows that getting into the Champions League is no mean feat.Spurs finished teh season in excellent form, fair play to them for that but IMO they won't get near this time,and Man City have players sitting on their bench who'd be star turns in our side.6TH spot is unfortunately as far as we can go without laying out £100k a week wages.When joe Cole became available on a free we weren't even in the running because of his wage demands.As a competition the Premiership is long over as a contest

Yep we won't do any better then we was anyway it seems, but atleast we might start to bring in a different type of player, add a bit of interest.

Or if this is the case then perhaps its Lerner thats the proble, to challange at the top we need far more money, more then he had. I like Lerner I think he runs the club the right way. But if its challanging at the top you want we need someone with 300 billion quid to spend, and its as simple as that.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  mastermank Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:58 am

i think o'neill did a decent job for the money sent - the team he inherited had such a low value and now even if they're sold you have quite a lot of excellent players on the books.
I can see why he left - more money would be needed to maintain or improve on his achievements and if he's not getting it leaving while his stocks high if probably the smart thing for him to do.

mastermank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:05 pm

mastermank wrote:i think o'neill did a decent job for the money sent - the team he inherited had such a low value and now even if they're sold you have quite a lot of excellent players on the books.
I can see why he left - more money would be needed to maintain or improve on his achievements and if he's not getting it leaving while his stocks high if probably the smart thing for him to do.

Became even lower when Harewood, Salifou, Shorey, Sidwell and Heskey were added to it

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:09 pm

Lionheart wrote:
mastermank wrote:i think o'neill did a decent job for the money sent - the team he inherited had such a low value and now even if they're sold you have quite a lot of excellent players on the books.

Became even lower when Harewood, Salifou, Shorey, Sidwell and Heskey were added to it

Be fair Lion the team that he inherited was so poor that those players would have actually improved it somewhat. And those are considered his worst signings.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next