JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Money

3 posters

Go down

Money Empty Money

Post  FrenchSpur Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:38 am

Whilst I am quite pleased at all these signings... I would just like to ask where all this money is coming from.... We havent actually sold Modric yet
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Money Empty Re: Money

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:07 am

Someone meant to have invested like £100m into the club I heard

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:10 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Someone meant to have invested like £100m into the club I heard

Not heard that one.... but we seem to have found a bit of cash recently.. Apparently we want Moutinho when Modric buggers off to spain
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:23 am

Some agent account on Twitter claims to be a football agent, he gets a lot of slack of people but he actually gets most transfers right weeks in advance, he posted a couple of weeks ago that Spurs wasn't being sold but someone was investing a lot of money into them.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:54 pm

Rumour is that the current owner and his team have had enough and a new interested party, from Kuwait is taking over. Christ - more Arab money in English football - next thing you know there'll be a Wold Cup in the Middle East, eh? EH? Oh!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:59 pm

jpr60 wrote:Rumour is that the current owner and his team have had enough and a new interested party, from Kuwait is taking over. Christ - more Arab money in English football - next thing you know there'll be a Wold Cup in the Middle East, eh? EH? Oh!

Well I haven't heard that one... and yeah its not right all this money buying up the decent clubs.... Very Happy Very Happy
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:23 pm

It does make you wonder though, where it's all going to end.
The Premier League started off with the overriding belief that "money is good". The clubs involved wanted more and more money for themselves - TV money, sponsorship, advertising money, stadium-naming money - you name it, they wanted it.
The money came in, the players, wanting their share came in and suddenly the Premier League was THE football to be involved in. All well and good, but what was not, perhaps foreseen was that the players were in it for the money above all else - hence a rapid drop in club loyalty ("What's that?") and club owners realised that they, too could make a killing by selling on their shares to ridiculously rich people - usually from foreign parts - and so club ownership is being transferred from a home (footballing) base to one that could and might change at any moment, considering that new owners want "Success Now" plus "Profit". Otherwise they might just go off and buy into another sport, entertainment, whatever.
Well, there are only so many club trophies to be won - two of any value today : Champions League and Premier League title. OK, participation in the CL, where we have four clubs each year of which only one (obviously) are true champions brings home a decent amount of cash but, assuming of the four clubs involved one (again) wins the Premier League it's not certain that another will take the CL trophy. Eventually, then, we might see some disappointment and/or waning interest from the big-money owners and then what?
And that's my question - where is it all going to end?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:32 pm

Its going to en when a club does a rangers and goes under good and proper... Then there will be some controls brought in.... How long will that take ??? Who knows
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:43 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:Its going to en when a club does a rangers and goes under good and proper... Then there will be some controls brought in.... How long will that take ??? Who knows

I thought Leeds already achieved that - they're still in recovery!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:44 pm

jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:Its going to en when a club does a rangers and goes under good and proper... Then there will be some controls brought in.... How long will that take ??? Who knows

and Portsmouth... But I think it needs to be a big club and actually in the PL
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:51 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Leeds were in the Premier League and were a pretty "big club" at the time..............

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:57 pm

jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Leeds were in the Premier League and were a pretty "big club" at the time..............

I didnt think they actually went bust ... I know they were in trouble but I thought they were bailed out
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down