JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just bought myself a Surround Sound system

+4
jak
Bedshammer
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
Jay.P.A
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Just bought myself a Surround Sound system Empty Just bought myself a Surround Sound system

Post  Jay.P.A Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:10 pm

Got a little 'home cinema' set up (saved up over the years and bought one thing at a time) and just bought myself a 5.1 surround sound system 2 days ago, set it up today and I'm really impressed! Thought it might not be that good for £150 (considering these things can cost go up to £2000!), but it really is. Got it from Argos, Phillips 600w system. ( http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5338650/Trail/searchtext%3EPHILLIPS+HOME+CINEMA.htm )

For COD players, it's feckin brilliant! Can hear everything, which direction/where people are shooting from, enemy footsteps, grenade directions, etc. Really good, especially on MW2, think Black Op's sound in-game was kinda shite tbh, nothing compared to MW2's sounds. The atmosphere in Fifa is amazing. king

And for movies it's brilliant too - was watching Dark Knight today; great sound just gives movies another dimension. Drool

I'd recommend it to anyone looking to buy one, plenty of wire to wire up the rear speakers for a small to medium room.

Anyone else got a little set up at home?

Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Just bought myself a Surround Sound system Empty Re: Just bought myself a Surround Sound system

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:40 pm

Not sure on the model, but I have a Logitech 5.1 speakers for my Xbox, cost a couple of hundred quid 3 years ago, massive subwoofer that shakes the floor upstairs even when I'm only playing a game on low volume. The 2 back speakers are wireless as well (need to be plugged into mains) but don't need to be plugged into the rest of the system by the TV so no wires all over the room, quality sound, very loud I never have it on above 3/4 bars out of 20.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Just bought myself a Surround Sound system Empty Re: Just bought myself a Surround Sound system

Post  Bedshammer Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:58 pm

I've got an elderly Sony Home Cinema system (won it in a competition). The speakers still make me jump. When we first got it we tried turning it onto full volume for a couple of seconds. Both our cats stapled themselves to the ceiling. Like AVFCs, the sub woofer is scary.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:08 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Not sure on the model, but I have a Logitech 5.1 speakers for my Xbox, cost a couple of hundred quid 3 years ago, massive subwoofer that shakes the floor upstairs even when I'm only playing a game on low volume. The 2 back speakers are wireless as well (need to be plugged into mains) but don't need to be plugged into the rest of the system by the TV so no wires all over the room, quality sound, very loud I never have it on above 3/4 bars out of 20.

Lol thats nice man, I was having a look at them aswell.

The sub on this is really powerful, shakes everything in the room!! Hopefully won't have any neighbours coming around complaining about the noise!! Gotta keep it low lol.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:20 pm

I can't have a sub woofer cos I play golf and I'd have no one to look after it while I'm out.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Bully 9 Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:21 pm

jak wrote:I can't have a sub woofer cos I play golf and I'd have no one to look after it while I'm out.
Beds
Bully 9
Bully 9

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:24 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:Got a little 'home cinema' set up (saved up over the years and bought one thing at a time) and just bought myself a 5.1 surround sound system 2 days ago, set it up today and I'm really impressed! Thought it might not be that good for £150 (considering these things can cost go up to £2000!), but it really is. Got it from Argos, Phillips 600w system. ( http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5338650/Trail/searchtext%3EPHILLIPS+HOME+CINEMA.htm )

For COD players, it's feckin brilliant! Can hear everything, which direction/where people are shooting from, enemy footsteps, grenade directions, etc. Really good, especially on MW2, think Black Op's sound in-game was kinda shite tbh, nothing compared to MW2's sounds. The atmosphere in Fifa is amazing. king

And for movies it's brilliant too - was watching Dark Knight today; great sound just gives movies another dimension. Drool

I'd recommend it to anyone looking to buy one, plenty of wire to wire up the rear speakers for a small to medium room.

No i've got a social life instead Very Happy
Fecking home cinema Mad Get out and get some fanny for fecks sake
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:26 pm

Very Happy Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:50 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote:Got a little 'home cinema' set up (saved up over the years and bought one thing at a time) and just bought myself a 5.1 surround sound system 2 days ago, set it up today and I'm really impressed! Thought it might not be that good for £150 (considering these things can cost go up to £2000!), but it really is. Got it from Argos, Phillips 600w system. ( http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5338650/Trail/searchtext%3EPHILLIPS+HOME+CINEMA.htm )

After the day youve had today i wouldnt go picking on Jay again.. which you've been doing a lot of recently Mad
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:59 pm

QBVILLA wrote:

Says the technophobe!!!

I get plenty of fanny mate, no worries there!!

Generally got a big family, young kids and old'uns so whenever they come around I normally dim the lights and put a film on to watch so everyones happy. Plus got the home cinema so I can watch footy/boxing in Godly fashion. Cool
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:08 am

Jay.P.A wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

Says the technophobe!!!

Generally got a big family, young kids and old'uns so whenever they come around I normally dim the lights and put a film on to watch so everyones happy. Plus got the home cinema so I can watch footy/boxing in Godly fashion. Cool

Then, don't tell me, you dress up as an ice cream lady and stand next to the screen knocking out choc ices. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:09 am

Only on Tuesdays.....!
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:13 am

Jay.P.A wrote:Only on Tuesdays.....!

See, I've got YOUR card marked. Wink

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:19 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

After the day youve had today i wouldnt go picking on Jay again.. which you've been doing a lot of recently Mad

You're right, I have, sorry Jay.I'll pick on this dipstick instead now mate
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Bully 9 Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:43 am

jak wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

Says the technophobe!!!

Then, don't tell me, you dress up as an ice cream lady and stand next to the screen knocking out choc ices. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Laughing Laughing
Bully 9
Bully 9

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:05 am

Nice 5.1 system in our place. Due to being in a flat, one of my many fellow ethnic majority neighbours doesn't like our sub-woofer Mad

But we came to time agreements as he has a well fit wife.

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:18 am

and you're used to woofers. Woof Woof!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:26 am

Well she is a bitch......a fit one though

Back to top Go down

Post  Bully 9 Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:29 am

englishhammer wrote:Well she is a bitch......a fit one though
Laughing Laughing
Bully 9
Bully 9

Back to top Go down

Post  jannerblue Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:44 pm

I have a 32 inch telly, built in speakers.. DVD player, Xbox 360. All you need. I'd rather spend that money on a night out getting watsed and sleeping with as many naive female students as possible.
jannerblue
jannerblue

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:33 am

making use of those speakers now Jay with Kutski on radio 1 cheers

i can't feel my tongue Drool

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:08 am

Cool
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:58 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:making use of those speakers now Jay with Kutski on radio 1 cheers

Very Happy
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:28 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:making use of those speakers now Jay with Kutski on radio 1 cheers

It's in your shoe. Rolling Eyes

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:41 pm

QBVILLA wrote:

we aint all facking piss heads like you ya fecking yam yam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next