JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxing Day - Spurs at home.

+7
Jay.P.A
jpr60
FrenchSpur
roadoftrinity
ADRIAN_1976
Ringo
villahagler69
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Boxing Day -  Spurs at home. - Page 2 Empty Re: Boxing Day - Spurs at home.

Post  Jay.P.A Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:25 pm

Agreed about the Pires bit QB - but at that point we needed someone with a bit of creativity to get through thier defence. He could've put on Bannan, but he decided to go for Pires - who's been in that type of situation probably 100s of times. Went for experiance rather then youth.

But - for like 40 mins of the second half, they were in thier own half, with 10 men behind the ball. Of course we were going to find it hard to break them down with what we've got - we only got better when we put a player who can retain possession and doesn't get nervous and can keep hold of the ball, in Petrov.

Don't know what's changed. We used to be very deadly with set-pieces. Our centre-backs used to always get on the end of Young's/Milner's crosses/corners/freekicks.

Think he went with Hogg because he like to be the one to put a tackle in/tries to retrive the ball, and Delph in because GH probably believed that this was a curve-ball thrown at Spurs. NRC probably still isn't match fit, so didn't start with him, and Petrov only returned to full training 4 days ago, hence why he only came on in the second half. Definitely better off bringing him on in the second half to retain possesion if we're winning/losing, rather then start him, only for him to be taken off when he's tired in the second half when we need him.

GH knows who his targets are in January. If he wants us to become a 'passing' team, then we need a striker/playmaker who takes his chances - because in tight games, we won't get that many chances if the other team stops us from playing.

Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:35 pm

Jay, NRC aint match fit, but how is he going to get fit sitting on his arse. Certainly far more match fit than Delph. Hogg has done well, but was poor today and think he was a foul away from being sent off. Needed an experienced head in the centre.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:41 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Jay, NRC aint match fit, but how is he going to get fit sitting on his arse. Certainly far more match fit than Delph. Hogg has done well, but was poor today and think he was a foul away from being sent off. Needed an experienced head in the centre.

To be fair on Hogg, that first tackle he made shoud never have been a booking.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:49 pm

Agree with you Jay, but he was walking a tightrope after that. The Frog fceked up big time IMHO with his selection
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:09 am

villanfromluton wrote:Agree with you Jay, but he was walking a tightrope after that. The Frog fceked up big time IMHO with his selection

Definitely Lutes! I was scared after every challenge he made after that. Espeically loved it when Gabby made Modric his bitch when he maulled him over!
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:24 am

I thought Delfuonso showed far more than Gabby when he came on. We have to accept that we are in a real struggle now, hated seeing Houllier giving the ball to the French left back and laughing when we were losing.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:12 am

Just watched a british gangster film caled 'dead man running'... Houllier could so easily have been starring in it..

He didnt come into the best of situations and was hoping he would turn it around.. he still may but i think we are in deep shit at the moment...!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:25 am

And he aint fecking helping matters, I reckon Ringnob has more chance of getting a blowy out of "silks" than Houllier has of sorting this club out, boring cnut
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:33 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Just watched a british gangster film caled 'dead man running'... Houllier could so easily have been starring in it..

He didnt come into the best of situations and was hoping he would turn it around.. he still may but i think we are in deep shit at the moment...!

Really good film.

Ending was class lol.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:36 am

Jay.P.A wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Just watched a british gangster film caled 'dead man running'... Houllier could so easily have been starring in it..

Really good film.

Ending was class lol.

Any more of this bollox between you two and I will be asking ringnob to bar you, it is a football thread Mad
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:44 am

Jay.P.A wrote:

Really good film.

Ending was class lol.

Yeah.. i knew the old man wasnt dead.. 50cent was shit!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:44 am

villanfromluton wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote:

Really good film.

Ending was class lol.

Any more of this bollox between you two and I will be asking ringnob to bar you, it is a football thread Mad

Tosspot
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:56 am

Dont be like that my good man, even first session, suspect England will break loose in second mind.

As for Villa, they are shite. Pires in centre mid, what a bloody joke. Even QB after his sunday booze up could waddle quicker than this fceker can run Mad . Great player in his day, but like the Gunners duo, that day has gone a long long time ago
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:59 am

We will get a lead of 250 min i think.. then the Aussies are bummed cheers cheers
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:02 am

Can I just say football is just like sex, very overrated and gets more boring after each time, shame I cant remember last time Shocked
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:02 am

villanfromluton wrote:Can I just say football is just like sex, very overrated and gets more boring after each time, shame I cant remember last time Shocked

Last time what?

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:03 am

We had enough chances in that game to get something out of it. I had the same view as the linesman and it looked a red to me, I've seen it since and it was harsh, bit in normal time it looked like Defoe made no effort to get the ball and put his arm up after he had jumped.

Bit early to be calling for Houlliers head. We are going to lose the next two though.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:26 am

ROT, agree with you concerning Defoe, my initial reaction was red card but in hindsight think a yellow would have sufficied.

As for the game, I think we were very average and think the scoreline may have been very different had Defoe stayed on the pitch, he already had had two good chances and Van Der Vaart was causing mayhem in the role where he was playing. We huffed and puffed, but never really looked like scoring too much. Thought the right back did very well against Bale and should stay in the team. Delph will come good, though still think the decision to play him and Hogg together was wrong, one and NRC would have been my choice.

As for Houllier, I suppose we have to give him the chance in January to recruit his own players, though always a difficult time to get new players. He does not inspire me in the slightest to be honest. See Ashley Young again being linked to Spuds today.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:58 am

To play Hogg n Delph in the middle was criminal.. It's not even as if Delph is a proven Premiership campaigner that he was thrown strait in..

We shouldve played maybe three in the middle to stifle Spuds.. Reo Bannan n Delph/Hogg.. Ireland wouldve been perfect to play off Heskey if the guy wasn't a complete d!ck..

I've said this a number of times if you play with two out n out wingers then your muddle two have to be brilliant..

Lots of questions to be answered.. We have three wingers n they all can't start unless we play 4-5-1 but then our striker has to be deadly cus our midfield doesn't score enuff goals..plus I'm not sure Ash Young is good enuff to play in the hole..

We def have to take a punt on a striker.. We just don't put our chances away.. Someone like Falcoa has to be risked to see if we can find a fox in the box..

We need maybe a CB and even our full backs look dodgy.. Friedel will be 40 so a keeper too..

Hope Lerners got his cheque book ready....

Last edited by ADRIAN_1976 on Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:33 pm

Also.. Heskey looked good untill he got injured.. shame he is alwas bloody injured..

And who else besides Mal actually thought Gabby would score when clean through??

Since Oleary brought Baros all those years ago we have spent roughly 140M but ONLY 8Mish!! on Strikers.. hence why we cant score no fecking goals... Mad
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:39 pm

Heskey is a big pussy, almost as soft as that Spud keeper. He was doing well, but FFS how many times does he come off injured
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:41 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Heskey is a big pussy, almost as soft as that Spud keeper. He was doing well, but FFS how many times does he come off injured

Thats the problem.. he actually is looking good this year but is way too much injury prone.. but i would keep him.. we need a squad and he offers something different if he stays fit..

Our team will look completely different come first game of the season in August.. can see a lot of first teamers leave..

Also is it me or does Warnock just look rubbish at the moment...
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:46 pm

Friedel will be off, possibly in January
Luke Young will be off, being linked with West Ham this morning, not a big loss on this seasons form.
Warnock has been shite for ages, will be off, possibly in summer.
NRC is out of contract and seems to want too much.
Sidwell is off.
Carew being linked with West Brom today
Ashley Young being linked with Spuds again
Curtis Davies, who I think is good, will be off
Dunne and Ireland can fcek off with their attitudes

Bunch of wankers Mad
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:52 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Friedel will be off, possibly in January
Luke Young will be off, being linked with West Ham this morning, not a big loss on this seasons form...1M
Warnock has been shite for ages, will be off, possibly in summer.
NRC is out of contract and seems to want too much.FREE
Sidwell is off..FREE
Carew being linked with West Brom today..1M
Ashley Young being linked with Spuds again..
Curtis Davies, who I think is good, will be off..2.5M

Dunne and Ireland can fcek off with their attitudes..5M EACH
Bunch of wankers Mad

You forgot Beye too..1M..

Thats a hefty loss on the money we paid for those players etc.. Lets assume Ash Young n Warnock are staying for now..

Lerners cheque book is going to take a big hit to rebuild.. lucky we have some good youngsters atleast..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:59 pm

Thing is Ades some may not leave due to their hefty wages
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next