JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FA Cup final

+4
roadoftrinity
villanfromluton
villainies
QBVILLA
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FA Cup final Empty FA Cup final

Post  QBVILLA Fri May 13, 2011 5:41 am

What an absolute disgrace to have the cup final on the same day as Premier League fixtures.I used to love Cup final day and shall be doing my utmost to get my painting finished in time so I can watch this one.As for the game i fancy Man City to win it after extra time.Whilst there's plenty of folks hoping that City fail due to their moneybags status I want them to win just to piss that cockney wanker off who has that counter banner at Old Trafford.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

FA Cup final Empty Re: FA Cup final

Post  villainies Fri May 13, 2011 11:58 am

Why has this happened thhen?
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri May 13, 2011 12:09 pm

Heard this mornign they are moving it to 5.15pm from next season as well for TV. That is a disgrace and not a good idea as remember Villa v Leeds in 1996 League Cup finaland the aggro cos of 5pm kick off and loads of beer being drunk. I reckon Stoke can beat them, in a good run of form and will be in their faces
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri May 13, 2011 12:23 pm

villainies wrote:Why has this happened thhen?

Because the Champions Leauge final is at Wembley so they need time to get it ready.

Also will be the same next season apparently because of Euro 2012.

Think Man City will win.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri May 13, 2011 12:24 pm

This year, it's early because of the Champions League final. No games can be played at Wembley for 2 weeks beforehand. Which is why Luton & AFC Wimbledon fans are being asked to pay about £50 each to travel to Eastlands for the Conference play off final. Now that really IS a disgrace.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri May 13, 2011 12:27 pm

Bedshammer wrote:This year, it's early because of the Champions League final. No games can be played at Wembley for 2 weeks beforehand. Which is why Luton & AFC Wimbledon fans are being asked to pay about £50 each to travel to Eastlands for the Conference play off final. Now that really IS a disgrace.

That really is, what's wrong with the Emirates?

That's the problem isn't it? The people that run the game dont give a shit about the average fan, they just care about what makes them the most money.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri May 13, 2011 12:41 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:This year, it's early because of the Champions League final. No games can be played at Wembley for 2 weeks beforehand. Which is why Luton & AFC Wimbledon fans are being asked to pay about £50 each to travel to Eastlands for the Conference play off final. Now that really IS a disgrace.

That really is, what's wrong with the Emirates?

That's the problem isn't it? The people that run the game dont give a shit about the average fan, they just care about what makes them the most money.

Emirates, Stamford Bridge, Villa Park, even the Ricoh Arena would be fine, wouldn't they? (If I've left anywhere out it wasn't intentional)
My sister in law and her husband are going, they've had season tickets for years. 2 tickets, travel and a hotel will be what - £300? To watch NON LEAGUE FOOTBALL. There was a piece about it on the BBC website a couple of days ago but I can't find it now. The cheapest tickets are almost £40 plus booking fee and postage. And that's another thing - booking fee & postage. Mad Mad Mad Mad
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri May 13, 2011 12:58 pm

£36 plus booking fee & postage is the cheapest. Apparently, most of the non league clubs were not confident of being able to distribute the tickets, but Luton were in a position to cope. As for the ground, pathetic. I am thinking of going, but am put off by the prices and location. Venue was chosen and agreed at start of season apparently and there are a number of northern teams in the league, but why not have a Midlands ground. Seems Villa Park could not be chosen as we are playing Liverpool that weekend, but even the sty could have been used, would be nice to see it full for a change Wink . Luton would sell a good few tickets, though AFC wont.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri May 13, 2011 1:04 pm

A Luton fan I work with has subscribed to a non league sports channel because it's showing the play offs. About £8 for the minimum 2 month subscription.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri May 13, 2011 1:11 pm

Bedshammer wrote:A Luton fan I work with has subscribed to a non league sports channel because it's showing the play offs. About £8 for the minimum 2 month subscription.

I might have to go to the pub cheers

18th birthday party tonight and all the crew from Turkey coming down, so the flip flops and england shorts might get an outing. They have hired a nightclub, so the kids are crapping themselves that I make a twat of myself on the dance floor. cheers cheers
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri May 13, 2011 1:15 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:A Luton fan I work with has subscribed to a non league sports channel because it's showing the play offs. About £8 for the minimum 2 month subscription.

I might have to go to the pub cheers

18th birthday party tonight and all the crew from Turkey coming down, so the flip flops and england shorts might get an outing. They have hired a nightclub, so the kids are crapping themselves that I make a twat of myself on the dance floor. cheers cheers

I'd be very cross with you if you didn't, to be honest. It's the law. Woohoo
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri May 13, 2011 1:17 pm

It might be that some of the clubs that you have mentioned didn't want their ground used for the match. The cost of hosting a game can be expensive if your not going to have a near full ground at expensive prices (I don't know how many people are going to the game)

But another factor is that its the end of the season and teams want to start ground works on thier pitches and can't be arsed to put that off for some non-league teams. We don't know basically so don't be so quick to point the finger at the governing bodies.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri May 13, 2011 1:21 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:It might be that some of the clubs that you have mentioned didn't want their ground used for the match. The cost of hosting a game can be expensive if your not going to have a near full ground at expensive prices (I don't know how many people are going to the game)

But another factor is that its the end of the season and teams want to start ground works on thier pitches and can't be arsed to put that off for some non-league teams. We don't know basically so don't be so quick to point the finger at the governing bodies.

But what about the ticket prices, which really are disgraceful? PS. The Conference final takes place next Saturday.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri May 13, 2011 1:24 pm

QBVILLA wrote:What an absolute disgrace to have the cup final on the same day as Premier League fixtures.I used to love Cup final day and shall be doing my utmost to get my painting finished in time so I can watch this one.As for the game i fancy Man City to win it after extra time.Whilst there's plenty of folks hoping that City fail due to their moneybags status I want them to win just to piss that cockney wanker off who has that counter banner at Old Trafford.

I'll be hoping Man City win aswell.

Blues will enter the Europa Cup one round later if Stoke lose.

European glory awaits us.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri May 13, 2011 1:25 pm

Man City might say that due to the numbers attending and the cost of getting in staff, electric, water and other such things that the ticket prices are there to just cover costs.

All that lot can be quite expensive, the figures was in a article sometime ago about how Villa should be thankful that we was knocked out of the Europa league in the 1st round as for many teams it can cost more to play in then what they get back through prize money and poor attendances.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri May 13, 2011 1:27 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Man City might say that due to the numbers attending and the cost of getting in staff, electric, water and other such things that the ticket prices are there to just cover costs.

All that lot can be quite expensive, the figures was in a article sometime ago about how Villa should be thankful that we was knocked out of the Europa league in the 1st round as for many teams it can cost more to play in then what they get back through prize money and poor attendances.

Why have it there then? Plenty of smaller grounds in the midlands could have been used

villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri May 13, 2011 1:29 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Man City might say that due to the numbers attending and the cost of getting in staff, electric, water and other such things that the ticket prices are there to just cover costs.

Why have it there then? Plenty of smaller grounds in the midlands could have been used

Yes. It's up the the FA to find a ground at a reasonable price for the fans.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri May 13, 2011 1:31 pm

Well yes thats a fair point, bu they would then probably say that for a final the game should be held at a better then average stadium, who wants to get to a final and have it in a prestiges shit hole like Birmingham City's ground for instance Laughing

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri May 13, 2011 1:34 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Well yes thats a fair point, bu they would then probably say that for a final the game should be held at a better then average stadium, who wants to get to a final and have it in a prestiges shit hole like Birmingham City's ground for instance Laughing

What about the Ricoh Arena, or the Stadium MK?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri May 13, 2011 1:34 pm

Coventry, Leicester and Deby are all alternatives
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri May 13, 2011 1:48 pm

All lower league clubs, yes ok the stadiums are all new and fairly nice, but none of them constitute a stadium worthy of a final, a final should be somewhere that the fans and players wouldn't normally get to go to and play in front of. Perhaps the Ricoh Arena is the only one out of them that might qualify as in size, but what about facilities inside the stadium for players and fans. Machester City is a 4 star stadium, none of the others mentioned are.

I know what you guys are getting at, but I'm sure its a juggling act in finding the best stadium and the best price and this is where its gone down to, at the end of the day if fans don't want to pay they don't, harsh but there you go just because they follow non league football doesn't mean they have any less money then me who spends that for every shitty away game.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri May 13, 2011 2:01 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:All lower league clubs, yes ok the stadiums are all new and fairly nice, but none of them constitute a stadium worthy of a final, a final should be somewhere that the fans and players wouldn't normally get to go to and play in front of. Perhaps the Ricoh Arena is the only one out of them that might qualify as in size, but what about facilities inside the stadium for players and fans. Machester City is a 4 star stadium, none of the others mentioned are.

I know what you guys are getting at, but I'm sure its a juggling act in finding the best stadium and the best price and this is where its gone down to, at the end of the day if fans don't want to pay they don't, harsh but there you go just because they follow non league football doesn't mean they have any less money then me who spends that for every shitty away game.

It aint the european cup final, its a non league play off final. The difference is paying that type of money for a poorish standard of football, but there again what have you paid for your season ticket Beds Wink
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri May 13, 2011 2:09 pm

I knew this would be your next point but, do 'fans' pay for the standard of football they are watching, or do they pay to watch the team they support regardless of footballing standards.

As a paying fan, I have to say I pay to watch the Villa, it matters not what standard of football I'm watching. I'm sure these non league fans who have reached the play-offs have enjoyed them selves this season more then I have despite me watching a 'better' standard of football.

What you are saying really only has revelence for people who don't support anyone but enjoy football and go to watch certain matches for that reason, they are paying for the standard of the game, fans are paying to see thier team.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri May 13, 2011 2:15 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:All lower league clubs, yes ok the stadiums are all new and fairly nice, but none of them constitute a stadium worthy of a final, a final should be somewhere that the fans and players wouldn't normally get to go to and play in front of. Perhaps the Ricoh Arena is the only one out of them that might qualify as in size, but what about facilities inside the stadium for players and fans. Machester City is a 4 star stadium, none of the others mentioned are.

It aint the european cup final, its a non league play off final. The difference is paying that type of money for a poorish standard of football, but there again what have you paid for your season ticket Beds Wink

Ohm shut your face. Razz

AVFC, Luton have a large fanbase for a non league side. They're rightly aggrieved at being asked to pay inflated prices and having to trek to Manchester when there are so many alternatives. They wouldn't care if it was value for money (how many flocked to Wembley a couple of years ago?) but it's not. This is grass roots football and the FA should be nurturing it.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri May 13, 2011 2:15 pm

But you should be paying for the standard of football you are watching. I used to go to a few home Luton games when they were in league 1, but the entrance fee was as much as watching Villa, stupid and unfair IMHO. You say the high prices are because of the ground, wembley charged £20 and £10 concessions two years ago when Luton were there. I watched Villa in the old third division, but the prices went up as Villa went up. Surely that is how it should be.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next