JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Final

+2
QBVILLA
jpr60
6 posters

Go down

The Final Empty The Final

Post  jpr60 Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:57 pm

Could be a great match - the two squads are arguably the best technically in the competition - but then again it could go cautious, a bit of a bore-fest or worse, a latin explosion of acting, gamesmanship and well, cheating.
I'm hoping both teams will try to prove their players/tactics are the best, in which case the midfield could get extremely crowded. Italy have the potentially most potent striker available (OK, he's potentially the bloke most likely to blow up and be red-carded too) whereas Spain don't seem to recognise the need for a striker at all (well, not Torres anyway) but all this could change. It probably won't though, Spain could well start with a keeper, three defenders and seven midfielders and try to mesmorise the Italians into submission.
I'm hopeful - may the best team on the day win (and please, let it be a good game)!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

The Final Empty Re: The Final

Post  QBVILLA Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:18 pm

I hope Italy win. I find Spain irritating to watch. It's a shame last night's semi wasn't the final
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:47 pm

I've spoken to several different people and the majority seem to hope that Spain get beaten by Italy in the final. They say that Spain are boring yet when I rave on about the one-touch played by the likes of Iniesta they agree that it is remarkable to see.
Are we (where "we" means "the masses") therefore simply tired of having the same brilliant footballers always (or, seemingly always) winning? Do we prefer a Chelsea workmanlike performance over a Barca skillful display or do we merely yearn for a change?
Me, I enjoy seeing technical brilliance although I also appreciate the explosion of decisive action (I'm certainly no Balotelli fan - as you may recall from previous posts - but I was out of my chair when he scored those goals against the Germans, albeit helped by pathetic defending)! So I'm hoping for technical brillaince plus decisive goalscoring - whoever gives us that tonight should win, with my blessing.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:24 pm

It's simple. If Italy win, I win £20. If Spain win, I only get £12.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:27 pm

Got a fiver on Spain to win 1-0 at 5/1, also got 2 quid on Fabregas and also Pirlo to score first goal
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:59 pm

Stupid Italy.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:12 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Got a fiver on Spain to win 1-0 at 5/1, also got 2 quid on Fabregas and also Pirlo to score first goal

Well that is more money wasted Sad
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:20 pm

A thoroughly enjoyable end to a great tournament. Spain were a lot more incisive and were deserved winners. 4-0 was harsh on the Italians but fair play to the Spanish, their possession football was also entertaining tonight
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:47 am

Great play, four excellent goals both in the actual scoring and build-up - what a fantastic team/squad/manager!
Whilst I've always held Brazil (1970's version) up as being the best-ever team I reckon this Spanish crew are up there with them - a joy to watch.
Am I alone to have noticed how pensive the Spaniards looked before the kick-off - their keeper looked tired and worried? I thought that perhaps the Italians had the upper hand, all brave and proud singing their pre-match anthem but directly the game started, another story.
Oh yes, we're all mystified about how the Spanish can play without a striker and Torres gets the Golden Boot award - ironic!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:55 am

Bosque is gettig all the credit for implementing this 4-6-0 formation, but credit should be given where it is due, I am sure McLeish has used the same tactic on many occassions
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:19 am

Brilliant display. All this Spain are boring nonsense is a bag O shite IMO. They are brilliant footballers and play the game properly. The teams they play tend to defend in numbers, they are the boring ones.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:08 am

villanfromluton wrote:Bosque is gettig all the credit for implementing this 4-6-0 formation, but credit should be given where it is due, I am sure McLeish has used the same tactic on many occassions

He learnt of Mcleish.. Mcminge deserves the credit for this triumph..

Spain are an excellent team.. they dismantled Italy who had dominated Germany in the semi's..

Current U17 U19 U21 European and World champions.. that's some record..

The amount of talent that is coming through in that country is frightening..

Llorente didn't kick a ball all tournament and would tear up the Premiership if he came over..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down