JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Email from Alex McLeish

+4
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
villanfromluton
QBVILLA
roadoftrinity
8 posters

Go down

Email from Alex McLeish Empty Email from Alex McLeish

Post  roadoftrinity Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:18 am

All season ticket holders have received this email I think, very bizarre and pointless if you ask me.

AVFC wrote:

Dear Chris
I am writing firstly to thank you for your continuing, invaluable support of this great Football Club. I understand that investing in a season ticket is a big commitment, especially in these challenging financial times, and I wanted you to know that myself, the playing squad and all of the other staff at Aston Villa really do appreciate your contribution to working for success.
It is now just over six months since I received and was delighted to accept the offer from Randy Lerner to become manager of Villa. Of course I was well aware that my appointment would be controversial and I recognise that in many ways it was a courageous decision by the Chairman to give me this opportunity. Although I knew that some of the Villa fans would find it difficult to accept me given my previous managerial position, I did not have a moment's hesitation in accepting the chance to manage a club with such an illustrious history and with such tremendous potential as Aston Villa.
I can't pretend that the first half of the season has not been without its setbacks and disappointments, all of which have been felt as intensely by myself and the players as I know they have been by Villa’s fans. Having had a relatively short pre-season to get to know and work with the players, I was reasonably satisfied with the start we made. As you know, the team went unbeaten in the first seven games in the Barclays Premier League and I felt we were unfortunate not to secure more than two wins during that period. Since then our form has fluctuated frustratingly with some very good performances away at Bolton, Stoke and, of course, Chelsea but more disappointing displays at home to Manchester United, Liverpool and, in particular, Swansea.
So the mid-term report for myself and the team should perhaps read, “Satisfactory progress, can do better.” Certainly, I think that would be a fair and balanced assessment. For a Premier League club we have a relatively inexperienced first team squad overall but what we lack in experience, I believe, is at least partially compensated for by the quality of our senior players and the potential of the younger players. It is a tribute to Villa’s superb Academy and a source of pride within the club that we have produced such players as Ciaran, Chris, Marc and Barry and I believe there will be more to come.
Our aim is to create players in the mould of the top players we have seen and appreciated at this club over many years and we will also add more quality when the opportunities are there. I am convinced that we have every reason to be optimistic going into the second half of the season. We have a squad with a blend of very experienced international players combined with the exciting potential of the club’s home-grown youngsters. In this transfer window we have added to the squad young Enda Stevens, whom we signed from Shamrock Rovers, and Robbie Keane on a two-months loan from LA Galaxy. Enda is 21 years old, he has experience already of playing in the Europa League and he has potential. Robbie is at the peak of his football playing knowledge, he has leadership qualities which will make him valuable not only on the pitch but also in our dressing room and he has great movement which can hurt opposition defences and create opportunities for himself and others in our team. I am confident therefore that in the coming months my coaching staff and I can continue to work with these players to help them deliver performances and results that Villa fans will enjoy and feel proud of.
I know that some people have sought to perpetuate a myth that I am a naturally defensively-minded manager. However, this is a case of certain people not letting the facts get in the way of a good story. Having played in an Aberdeen team that got used to winning trophies regularly – including the European Cup Winners Cup - and having steered Glasgow Rangers to seven trophies in three seasons, I can assure you that my appetite for attacking, winning football is second to none. I am aware that the myth about me being defensively-minded has concerned some Villa fans who rightly relish seeing their team playing fluent, attacking football. However, please be assured that I share your desire to see Villa play dynamic, exciting football which entertains whilst, of course, securing the results we all want.
I make no apology for declaring that I am an ambitious person with an unquenchable desire for success. That ambition took me from Motherwell and Hibs to Glasgow Rangers followed by a successful period as Scotland boss. I came to the Premier League to compete in the best league in the world and the opportunity to become manager of one of the best clubs in the league in Aston Villa represents one of the greatest honours in my career so far.
We all know that football is an unpredictable business but I would like to think that my time here as manager will be a long and rewarding one. I can guarantee my total commitment to working tirelessly to bring as much success as possible to Aston Villa.
Finally, I thank you again for your dedication to this club and I wish you a very Happy New Year. Let’s work together to ensure that 2012 becomes a year full of wonderful memories for Aston Villa and for you, Villa fans.

Alex.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Email from Alex McLeish Empty Re: Email from Alex McLeish

Post  QBVILLA Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:52 am

So the mid-term report for myself and the team should perhaps read, “Satisfactory progress, can do better.”

Rolling Eyes

To be honest as a bloke i think McLeish is a decent fella.He conducts himself well and his previous job does not bother me in the least.His brand of football however, is dire.Blues in the Prem and Scotland in international football where they are the small teams up against it, it's understandable trying to grind out one nils.However, according to what i've seen on various forums etc it was the same at Rangers and at Blues in the Championship levels where they are regarded as the main clubs.I honestly hope McMinge succeeds but I can't see it happening.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:28 pm

Like QB, I think Mcleish is a decent bloke, however the only way he is going to win the fans over is by playing a better brand of football. I can accept losing games, but not by employing totally negative tactics as has happened on occasions.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:31 pm

To be fair to McLeish, I think he is trying to make the football better, against Arsenal we played well, and tried against Chelsea as well. The Swansea game was just strange, we couldn't pass the ball, Warnock fucked up then Swansea just kept the ball from us, which to be fair you knew they would do.

If he can get Ireland and N'Zogbia to play well every game, we will play better football. I still think that having Darren Bent in the side, when he is offering to little to the team can lead to poor football. Also I don't think there is a massive difference how we play under McLeish compared to MON. At home anyway.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:47 pm

Yeh I was about to post this as well. He is obviously trying his hardest to win over the fans but as already said, he won't be accepted until the football gets far better and stays at a consistent level of at least trying to compete, I don't mind losing to a better team but I can't stand it when we set our selves out for a limited defeat.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:57 pm

Will be interesting to see who is going to be left out for Keane, maybe he will start on bench saturday though
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:20 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Will be interesting to see who is going to be left out for Keane, maybe he will start on bench saturday though

More interesting to see if he leaves someone out instead of Albrighton as he looked decent in the cup. I know who I would leave out.

Keane will be on the bench.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:13 pm

The bloke is a ginger Cnut. Sending a grovelling email stating what he has done in his managerial career. Hope he fecks off soon and we don't give him any funds for transfers Tosspot
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:22 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:The bloke is a ginger Cnut. Sending a grovelling email stating what he has done in his managerial career. Hope he fecks off soon and we don't give him any funds for transfers Tosspot

Stop fecking moaning Mad
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:08 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:The bloke is a ginger Cnut. Sending a grovelling email stating what he has done in his managerial career. Hope he fecks off soon and we don't give him any funds for transfers Tosspot

He was going to send you one but as you have never been to Villa Park they club never had any of your details.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:55 am

I thought that aswell.

He seems to have missed out his time at Blues though scratch

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:56 am

Tilton wrote:

I thought that aswell.

He seems to have missed out his time at Blues though scratch

We have all done things in our lives we like to forget.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:06 am

That's true enough.

I'd like to forget about the useless nonk getting us relegated TWICE but it's not that easy.

At least watching the mess he's making of your club eases the pain a little...........

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:07 am

Tilton wrote:That's true enough.

I'd like to forget about the useless nonk getting us relegated TWICE but it's not that easy.

At least watching the mess he's making of your club eases the pain a little...........

Ha ha, touche.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:34 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:

He was going to send you one but as you have never been to Villa Park they club never had any of your details.

Thats ok. He's still a cnut thou Very Happy
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:35 pm

villanfromluton wrote:

Stop fecking moaning Mad

You need to make your mind up if you want to bully him or bend over for him Tosspot
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:17 pm

Lets see how the next few games go. We've got a decent group of players, and apparently McLeish is going to sign one or two players.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:22 pm

Our next games:

Saturday, January 14 2012
Aston Villa - Everton (15.00)

Saturday, January 21 2012
Wolverhampton Wanderers - Aston Villa (15.00)

Wednesday, February 1 2012
Aston Villa - Queens Park Rangers (19.45)

Sunday, February 5 2012
Newcastle United - Aston Villa (13.30)

Sunday, February 12 2012
Aston Villa - Manchester City (16.00)

Saturday, February 25 2012
Wigan Athletic - Aston Villa (15.00)

Saturday, March 3 2012
Blackburn Rovers - Aston Villa (15.00)

Saturday, March 10 2012
Aston Villa - Fulham (15.00)

Saturday, March 17 2012
Aston Villa - Bolton Wanderers (15.00)
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  villahagler69 Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:25 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:Lets see how the next few games go. We've got a decent group of players, and apparently McLeish is going to sign one or two players.

From what Ive read today on SS it looks like we are signing f**k all Jay. I think Alex is a nice enough fella but his hands are tied by the tightening of purse strings, if he keeps us in the Premier League thats an achievment in itself, we are getting nothing else.

villahagler69

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:57 pm

Looks like the season of goodwill hasn't rubbed off some of you.. Shocked

Nice fella.. Want him to succeed.. Who cares if he is a nice fella.. Football is shite and the guy hasn't got a scooby..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:07 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Looks like the season of goodwill hasn't rubbed off some of you.. Shocked

Nice fella.. Want him to succeed.. Who cares if he is a nice fella.. Football is shite and the guy hasn't got a scooby..

That is something you have in common then
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:17 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Looks like the season of goodwill hasn't rubbed off some of you.. Shocked

That is something you have in common then

Back from Sainsburys are we.. How's the shoulder from picking up the shopping.. pussy.
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:27 pm

Had a fecking bad shoulder for over a month, but dont complain about it Sad
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down