JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, Arsenal today

+9
jak
villainies
roadoftrinity
truevillan
ADRIAN_1976
villanfromluton
MrMagoo
FrenchSpur
Jay.P.A
13 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

So, Arsenal today - Page 2 Empty Re: So, Arsenal today

Post  villainies Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:31 pm

Bollix. Great crack today up until they equalised! My first visit to the Emirates and I thought we'd see it out. We gave the ball away much to easily during that mad 15 minutes. Too many players in that team don't want the ball.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:59 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:Albrighton was injured, same old Villa, on the plus side I put a tenner on us to lose at half time at 7/1.

Tosspot
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:27 pm

Good game today. I was distraught at half time. I wondered what happened at the beginning of the second half, then I saw Jesus's comment, now I understand. Has he ever backed a winner. Huh

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:29 am

Arsenal were as brilliant in the second half as they were shocking in the first.As for the above comments re the ref..... I personally thought that the ref had a great game as he managed the game with common sense.However, Dunne should've been given a second yellow for his penalty challenge and i'll be interested to see what happens in retrospect to Van Persie.Great footballer, but that was fcuking cowardly.Can only assume that the ref didn't see it.Anyhow, out the cup and season's over again before February.Was surprised they gave RVP man of the match, i'd have given it Walcott.Mind you warnock was arguably Arsenal's best player Mad
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:02 am

QB, I dont see how the ref could have failed to see Van Persie's thuggish attack, what a fecking coward. Will be interested to hear JPR's take on the incident as not like Arsenal players to behave in that manner. Quite agree Dunne should have been off for the penalty incident, Ramsey had overrun the ball as well. Also agree that the two wingers had far better games than RVP, though the full backs are proper useless.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:13 am

Don't let Mctwat walk your dog...

He can't hold onto a lead....

Rolling Eyes

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:08 am

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:37 am

I can't see anyone being able to defend Van Persie on this one.IMO he's looking at a four match ban in line with Balotelli's punishment.However that would mean the FA displaying consistency so nothing is certain.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:42 am

QBVILLA wrote:I can't see anyone being able to defend Van Persie on this one.IMO he's looking at a four match ban in line with Balotelli's punishment.However that would mean the FA displaying consistency so nothing is certain.

Agreed, it looks pretty clear cut to me. Got to be a three match ban as I think Balotelli got four as he had been sent off once already this season.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:44 am

Yep looks at where Cueller is and then gives him a good elbow, I wonder how our old Arsenal fans feel about it?

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:46 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:I can't see anyone being able to defend Van Persie on this one.IMO he's looking at a four match ban in line with Balotelli's punishment.However that would mean the FA displaying consistency so nothing is certain.

Agreed, it looks pretty clear cut to me. Got to be a three match ban as I think Balotelli got four as he had been sent off once already this season.

I know Kompany had a 4 match ban due to a previous red, but I thought Balotelli had been given the 4 match ban as a straight punishment for the stamp?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:48 am

roadoftrinity wrote:Thoughts from our Arsenal contingent on the Van Persie elbow? Not the best footage.

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2012/01/30/van-persie-cuellar-video-robin-van-persie-elbows-carlos-cuellar-fa-cup-2012-arsenal-villa/

Usually I would have been able to watch the whole game here but for some reason the re-broadcasters did not put it on.
I listened to the 5 Live commentary and found a stream halfway through the second half. So I've been looking around for footage of this incident without success. Unfortunately the link you have posted really isn't good enough to see the incident clearly but no doubt someone will post something better on Youtube that will enable us all to judge the matter fairly.
One thing I would say though, is that this does smack of double standards from McLeish, who says he doesn't want to point fingers at players and then does. Anyway, when the clips are up we'll speak some more.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:50 am

You are right, I assumed that the Balotelli's ban was 4 games due to a previous sending off, that makes that decision even more harsh.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:55 am

jak wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:Thoughts from our Arsenal contingent on the Van Persie elbow? Not the best footage.

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2012/01/30/van-persie-cuellar-video-robin-van-persie-elbows-carlos-cuellar-fa-cup-2012-arsenal-villa/

Usually I would have been able to watch the whole game here but for some reason the re-broadcasters did not put it on.
I listened to the 5 Live commentary and found a stream halfway through the second half. So I've been looking around for footage of this incident without success. Unfortunately the link you have posted really isn't good enough to see the incident clearly but no doubt someone will post something better on Youtube that will enable us all to judge the matter fairly.
One thing I would say though, is that this does smack of double standards from McLeish, who says he doesn't want to point fingers at players and then does. Anyway, when the clips are up we'll speak some more.

Arsene is that you?

Very Happy

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:56 am

jak wrote:

Actually the link is now working better and I think coming from people who defended an outrageous tackle on Eduardo, I mean many of you Villans and your ginger tosser manager, you are throwing a hissy cos you got beat and now trying to get some mileage out of a pretty innocuous incident in the game. Get over it!!! You got fecked, end of story. Many of your players were at it in the game.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:59 am

jak wrote:

Think that is deflecting from the issue though Jak.I think we all know that if it would've been the other way round Wenger would've had plenty to say about it and no doubt Mcleish would be cocking a deaf one or indeed defending his player.Anyway, that isn't the issue.Van persie, as good a player as he is threw an elbow into Cuellar's face and as such deserves punishing.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:59 am

jak wrote:

Actually the link is now working better and I think coming from people who defended an outrageous tackle on Eduardo, I mean many of you Villans and your ginger tosser manager, you are throwing a hissy cos you got beat and now trying to get some mileage out of a pretty innocuous incident in the game. Get over it!!! You got fecked, end of story. Many of your players were at it in the game.

What an absolutely pathetic response. We asked a question about your thoughts, same what people might if it was Villa player and you are bringing up an incident from years ago, and you still don't give your thoughts on the elbow, just have some kind of little tantrum instead.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:59 am

jak wrote:
jak wrote:

cyclops
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:14 pm

Bollocks!!! The players made nothing of it, the ref made nothing of it. You get beat and the Ginger tosser dwarf jumps all over it to take your minds off his failings and you fall for it.
You Villans are the new Spuds. Stop snivelling!!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:17 pm

What exactly were many of the Villa players at during the game Jak, please enlighten me Very Happy

I dont think anyone on here will deny Dunne should have been off for two yellow cards, but the act of Van Persie was very deliberate and I cannot believe you are defending it to be honest mate. The way he looked at Cuellar while the ball was in the air and then did him was cowardly and was only matched by the refs decision to turn a blind eye as he was right by the incident. To be fair to Cuellar, he didnt make a big deal of it
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:19 pm

jak wrote:Bollocks!!! The players made nothing of it, the ref made nothing of it. You get beat and the Ginger tosser dwarf jumps all over it to take your minds off his failings and you fall for it.

He may be many things, but he sure aint a dwarf. I assume you are condoning the incident Jak Shocked
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:21 pm

jak wrote:Bollocks!!! The players made nothing of it, the ref made nothing of it. You get beat and the Ginger tosser dwarf jumps all over it to take your minds off his failings and you fall for it.

Have a look at what you've just wrote there Jak.
A, Is it only a problem if the players all react?
B,Ginger tosser he may well be, but a dwarf??? You been at the butane?
C, Arsenal won because they deserved to, no excuses, no arguments.Think you'll also see earlier in this thread where both myself and Lutes have categorically stated that Dunne should've been given a second yellow for the first penalty.
D,One of your biggest arguments regarding the Eduardo and Ramsay injuries was that these players were reckless in their play despite their respective managers defending them as they "weren't that kind of player".Now here you are doing exactly the same thing.Did Cuellar have to end up with a serious injury for this to be an issue?
Think this is known on JWNED as 'doing a Jesus' cyclops cyclops cyclops
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:29 pm

QBVILLA wrote:

Have a look at what you've just wrote there Jak.
A, Is it only a problem if the players all react?
B,Ginger tosser he may well be, but a dwarf??? You been at the butane?
C, Arsenal won because they deserved to, no excuses, no arguments.Think you'll also see earlier in this thread where both myself and Lutes have categorically stated that Dunne should've been given a second yellow for the first penalty.
D,One of your biggest arguments regarding the Eduardo and Ramsay injuries was that these players were reckless in their play despite their respective managers defending them as they "weren't that kind of player".Now here you are doing exactly the same thing.Did Cuellar have to end up with a serious injury for this to be an issue?
Think this is known on JWNED as 'doing a Jesus' cyclops cyclops cyclops

Well said QB, totally spot on. If a Villa player had done it, can you imagine the uproar. I certainly would not be defending them, they should get a ban and get on with it. No whingeing from me about the scoreline or penalties, but that does not mean that it is ok to elbow someone.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:35 pm

I dunno what it is about this forum but critcising your own players seems taboo.In general i think it is only Villa fans who criticise their own.To be honest i'm a bit surprised by Jak, if it was JPR responding like that i'd not be that surprised.He'd skirt round it a bit more mind, dodging the actual issue rather than going route one into 'yeah well takes one to know one'.Bit disappointing really from the big Geranium fcuker upperer Very Happy
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:42 pm

Certainly disappointed in the old git myself, if one of your players behaves in such a manner, surely you would accept that it is wrong
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum