JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surprise surprise....!

3 posters

Go down

Surprise surprise....! Empty Surprise surprise....!

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:07 pm

40M spent.. 40M Sold..

No holding midfielder.. experienced defender or a top top striker ( Falcoa destroyed Chelsea today )

Out of all the big clubs ive always wanted Arsenal to win the title.. so not a wind up.. but you boys have given up haven't you.. not a chance in hell of winning the title or Champs lge this season..

4th at best..!

I remember when you came back to smash up Middlesbrough 5-3 and go 42 league games unbeaten.. i wonder what the odds would've been that day for the club not to win a trophy in the next seven years?
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Surprise surprise....! Empty Re: Surprise surprise....!

Post  villanfromluton Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:16 pm

Who have they got up front, Giroud, Chamakh and Podolski? Not good enough for the top I fear. Seems as if Bould is having an effect on the defensive side
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:42 pm

We've brought three new players in who, I believe will settle (hopefully tomorrow) to prove top-drawer signings.
I think the defence is fine, we have good cover for each position, there is (will be, when all fit) a good selection of players for the midfield - I agree we do not have an enforcer as such, actually Song was not that much of a success in the role, he was better going forward, and four strikers from which to pick two.
TBH three new players in at the same time is a lot to accomodate, so in terms of numbers I think we're OK. I'd heard a rumour that Karim Benzema was joining us late yesterday - it didn't fill me with joy although it might have pleased the "let's sign some stars" fans and critics.
Arsene's made his play - I'm behind him (lots of others aren't, I know and can't wait for the team to founder) - let's wait and see what happens. Obviously a good performance and win at Anfield will quell the negativity that seems to be apparent - come on you reds (well, purples tomorrow of course)!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:45 pm

Villa may be shit but at least we have scored a goal cheers
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:11 pm

That was the performance I hoped for/expected - Arsenal showing that they can be strong at the back and dynamic going forward. The midfield was superb - that is the best game that Diaby has ever played for Arsenal and I just hope and pray he'll be able to maintain his form and fitness for much of the season. Arsene placed his trust in the player, the player has had a truly miserable time with injury after nagging injury following that cnut's horror tackle way back when but wouldn't it be great if he was finally back? Early days, of course, but a great shift from Diaby nonetheless. The new lads kicked in and showed their worth to the team - I can see a lot of goals coming from Podolski, Cazorla and Giroud. Yes, I'm a Happy Gooner indeed!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:26 pm

Think not having a top top goal poacher will cost you..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:49 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Think not having a top top goal poacher will cost you..

I think (hope) the goalscoring will be spread around the team so we'll not be looking for one player to put the ball away - I think this team/squad has a lot of potential, with versatility being a major plus.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:16 pm

Diaby had a cracking game yesterday, know he is not Jak's favourite player, but if he can stay free from injury (know that is a big if), he can be a major asset. Cazorla looks a top player and there seemed a good team spirit. The jury is certainly still out on Giroud at the present time, but some players take longer than others to settle in.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:25 pm

Giroud put a shift in too - he does a lot of running off the ball and has already shown he can handle the rough'n tough brigade (aka Stoke) - he took defenders out when the Podolski/Cazorla/Podolski move was playing out, by running out from the centre and drawing defenders away from the action. OK, he's missed three good chances to score himself this season - I think (hope) that'll be put to rights against Southampton on 15th September!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:52 pm

That's the point.. You have added the extra goals needed but lost a top top striker.. The sort who can turn a very close game into three points..

Obv it's all guess work but Man U would have two points max so far without RvP and Arsenal all nine with him.. Just an opinion..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down