JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope

5 posters

Go down

Hope Empty Hope

Post  jpr60 Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:04 pm

After that 5-1 thrashing of West Ham I hope we can go on to show some consistency throughout the rest of he season. We've been hearing about lack of confidence and the like but if this Arsenal squad can't take confidence from showing what they can do last night I don't know what will inspire them. There were some good performances out there, both individually (Aaron Ramsey, Lukas Podolski) and team-wise - we need follow-up performances now in The Cup (don't forget we're a Cup team now) and in the next Premier League fixture at home to Liverpool and d'you know what? I think we'll get'em! Come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Hope Empty Re: Hope

Post  jpr60 Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:42 am

3-2 a bit close for comfort - still exhibiting our defensive frailties but nicely taken goals, especially Giroud's brace and more good work from Podolski - got to keep it coming for Liverpool in mid-week, now that's a must-win. Come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:36 pm

jpr60 wrote:3-2 a bit close for comfort - still exhibiting our defensive frailties but nicely taken goals, especially Giroud's brace and more good work from Podolski - got to keep it coming for Liverpool in mid-week, now that's a must-win. Come on Arsenal!

A draw or a win anywhere away in the FA Cup is a great result.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Trig Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:15 am

Well Jak thats the end of your cup dream for ths season,ater the 5th round draw,, ffs... Laughing

Trig

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:29 am

It was probably an entertaining game for the neutral, end-to-end stuff but we really have to do something about our defending. It's no coincidence that we always seem to give away "unlucky" goals (defenders losing their feet at key moments, balls bouncing off players) and we certainly gave Liverpool two goals last night, could have been more!
Then we wake up and start playing, scoring two well-taken goals and probably doing enough to take all three points although a draw was probably the "fair" result.
Work to be done - we've got some catching-up to do and now we've lost Gibbs for at least three weeks!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:03 am

To be honest you could easily have been four down and Liverpool out of sight.. You need a CB and DM
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:31 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:To be honest you could easily have been four down and Liverpool out of sight.. You need a CB and DM

What we need is defensive organisation. If you take the players individually, no problem- they're good. But collectively there seems to be a lack of organisation, something that I thought BFG was good at.
I'm expecting improvement, starting with a serious performance against Stoke City this weekend!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:52 pm

It's the hope what kills ya.......
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:36 pm

jpr60 wrote:It was probably an entertaining game for the neutral, end-to-end stuff but we really have to do something about our defending. It's no coincidence that we always seem to give away "unlucky" goals (defenders losing their feet at key moments, balls bouncing off players) and we certainly gave Liverpool two goals last night, could have been more!
Then we wake up and start playing, scoring two well-taken goals and probably doing enough to take all three points although a draw was probably the "fair" result.
Work to be done - we've got some catching-up to do and now we've lost Gibbs for at least three weeks!

So we've signed Nacho Monreal from Malaga. Now that's what I call management - player out, player in (doesn't matter if he sounds like something to eat - come on)!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:48 pm

jpr60 wrote:
jpr60 wrote:It was probably an entertaining game for the neutral, end-to-end stuff but we really have to do something about our defending. It's no coincidence that we always seem to give away "unlucky" goals (defenders losing their feet at key moments, balls bouncing off players) and we certainly gave Liverpool two goals last night, could have been more!

So we've signed Nacho Monreal from Malaga. Now that's what I call management - player out, player in (doesn't matter if he sounds like something to eat - come on)!

But it's alarming that this means we have another player on our books, Santos, in whom the manager has no confidence.
I can't imagine what's happened to Santos, I thought he was an exciting player last season but he's had it now.
Still, the same can be said for Sagna, I think Jenkinson is a much better prospect now.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:56 pm

Trig wrote:Well Jak thats the end of your cup dream for ths season,ater the 5th round draw,, ffs... Laughing

There's one thing about football, you never know till you know. Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:08 pm

jak wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

But it's alarming that this means we have another player on our books, Santos, in whom the manager has no confidence.
I can't imagine what's happened to Santos, I thought he was an exciting player last season but he's had it now.
Still, the same can be said for Sagna, I think Jenkinson is a much better prospect now.

This guy is a real talent.. good deal.. shame you didn't trigger Diame's buy out clause..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:48 pm

SO pleased we got the three points against Stoke - they really are a team of cnuts!
Nacho started well - looks a very composed and capable player - what a debut in English football, against Stoke - but he did well and his wasn't the blood that was spilled in the clash of heads!
Theo done good too - I lost count of the times he was blocked, body-checked, slapped or simply fouled. He made his marker look like a complete twonk time and time again - God knows how come the bloke only picked up a yellow quite late in the game, he must have fouled Theo twenty times!
Oh yes, and that Ace Cnut Shawcross got away with it yet again, studs up into Koscielny in a 50-50 challenge. Neither he nor Koscielny chickened out of the tackle but it was him who had his studs raised on contact, The Cnut! Got a yellow, should've been a red! But I forgot, he's not that sort of a player, is he?
"We know what you are, Ryan Shawcross we know what you are!" was the song that rang out around the stadium! No doubt Pullis will be on the box tonight telling everyone what a great captain he's got - THE CNUT!
Even diddy Micky Owen got tasty when he came on - tried to smack Arteta after Arteta had won the ball off him in a crisp (but fair) tackle. Young Jack Wilshere got in there after him - but it was a bit hadbags TBH.
No, I'm happy with the 3 points and the fact that we didn't have any legs broken!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down