JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Porto away.

+7
Finn
Bedshammer
MrMagoo
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
jak
FrenchSpur
jpr60
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Porto away. - Page 2 Empty Re: Porto away.

Post  jak Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:09 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Campbell did ok but lapses like the one he had is the difference between winning trophies and not..

Rosiscky ive always rated and is a good player.. but when ur whole midfield is 5ft5 and weight less then 10stone then you can look out of place.. i wouldnt mind him at Villa.. with our big lads he would fit in well..provided he is fit..

Also Eduardo seems to have lost it since his horrific injury.. shame cus he seemed like a top top player..

I still think Campbell played well. For me you'd be welcome to Rosicky. Watch him closely in a game, there's more bad than good. Another lightweight who has no idea of his defensive requirements.
Diaby had an horrific injury as did Eduardo. Players get over breaks but where you have complicated dislocations along with serious ligament damage, I doubt that a player ever returns to their best or realises their full potential.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:23 am

I reckon Arsenal should give David James a 12 month contract in the summer.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:19 am

Ades, I thought the second goal was entirely the keepers fault. He made it difficult for Campbell the way he came out towards him, leaving little space between themselves. I agree with Jak in that I thought he did well
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:33 am

villanfromluton wrote:Ades, I thought the second goal was entirely the keepers fault. He made it difficult for Campbell the way he came out towards him, leaving little space between themselves. I agree with Jak in that I thought he did well

You'd have thought Campbell would've been ok with that Leatherman
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:16 am

QBVILLA wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Ades, I thought the second goal was entirely the keepers fault. He made it difficult for Campbell the way he came out towards him, leaving little space between themselves. I agree with Jak in that I thought he did well

You'd have thought Campbell would've been ok with that Leatherman
He was busy with his phone! Turd

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:55 pm

My take on the match, for what it's worth. Cesc's "Schoolboys goal" comment says it all about both of the goals conceded - errors like that really shouldn't happen at the top level.
Referees like that shouldn't be in charge of matches at the top level either. Several times during the match he made poor decisions or avoided making a decision. TBH I was amazed that Vermaelen got away with a body-check early in the match (OK, I admit I was pleased to see an Arsenal player do something like that for a change) and how both the ref and linesman didn't see a foul when Rosicky was tripped in the area is beyond me. Player with ball at feet, in the area about to make a telling pass or shoot goes down without anyone touching the ball. That's either a pen or the player dived! Nothing from the ref. He had a fair part in the second goal too. OK, he's seen a defender knock the ball back to his keeper and the keeper picks the ball up, free kick. He then demands the ball from the keeper, places it for the free kick, turns his back on the ball, impedes a defender, raises an arm to signal an indirect free-kick but the ball has already been played, he didn't see it - was the ball stationary when played? - hey maybe the player rolled the ball across with his hand - the ref - i.e. the bloke 'in charge' doesn't know what has happened, but allows the goal. Now, I've nowt against quick free-kicks - we've taken advantage of a couple in our time - but normally the ref knows what is going on and gives his approval. This pillock knew nothing and gave the goal. Amazing.
Anyway - plus points? Well, despite being kicked all around the park (10 or more fouls against him) Fabregas stood up well; I thought Bendtner contributed another dimension (i.e. basic centre-forward play plus a few clever lay-offs) and, at the risk of being contraversial I thought Rosicky had a good game, put himself about a bit, won some balls and was unlucky not to have got the pen that just about everyone saw except a ref and a linesman. Good to see us doing something at corners too - near post flick-ons, back post headers - long may it continue. Oh yes, I think we'll stuff Porto at The Grove - we should've won 2-0 last night so I'll be happy with another 4-0!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:13 pm

Evenin JPR, agree with the majority of what you've said there though we differ on a couple of points.Bendtner IMO isn't ever going to be up to the standard of Arsenal.To be honest i don't think he'll be up to the standard of Tottenham either.his movement off the ball is shocking and he has all the composure of Gary Glitter in a wacky warehouse.As for Fabregas, yes he was fouled but he was winding up the Porto playes and making the most of any challenge on him.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:38 pm

jaypers, its a bitch when you concede a goal like that but it was good quick thinking on Porto's part. Not one of your boys moved an inch and Sol was still weeping and wouldn't have stopped it happening. The ref's a pillock but that goal was down to Arsenal lacking focus not the ref.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:30 pm

villainies wrote:jaypers, its a bitch when you concede a goal like that but it was good quick thinking on Porto's part. Not one of your boys moved an inch and Sol was still weeping and wouldn't have stopped it happening. The ref's a pillock but that goal was down to Arsenal lacking focus not the ref.

Have you seen it?
Are you just on the wind up?
Have you ever played football?
Does your missus know where you are? Kinky
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:25 pm

villainies wrote:jaypers, its a bitch when you concede a goal like that but it was good quick thinking on Porto's part. Not one of your boys moved an inch and Sol was still weeping and wouldn't have stopped it happening. The ref's a pillock but that goal was down to Arsenal lacking focus not the ref.

Tosspot
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:48 pm

QBVILLA wrote:

Have you seen it?
Are you just on the wind up?
Have you ever played football?
Does your missus know where you are? Kinky

Wind ups? How very dare you!
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:14 pm

Back at The Grove we owe Porto a seeing-to. We haven't got Captain Cesc but I reckon we've enough to see this lot off - I'm expecting a good performance, maybe Bendtner will score this time out!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:56 pm

jpr60 wrote:Back at The Grove we owe Porto a seeing-to. We haven't got Captain Cesc but I reckon we've enough to see this lot off - I'm expecting a good performance, maybe Bendtner will score this time out!

Bendtner has days like he had on Saturday but I think he deserves the chance to prove himself playing in the centre forward position. Time and a decent run in the team will tell with him.
As for Porto, I hope we can give them a seeing to and cut out the crazy errors that keep putting us under unnecessary pressure.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:40 am

jak wrote:
jpr60 wrote:Back at The Grove we owe Porto a seeing-to. We haven't got Captain Cesc but I reckon we've enough to see this lot off - I'm expecting a good performance, maybe Bendtner will score this time out!

Bendtner has days like he had on Saturday but I think he deserves the chance to prove himself playing in the centre forward position. Time and a decent run in the team will tell with him.
As for Porto, I hope we can give them a seeing to and cut out the crazy errors that keep putting us under unnecessary pressure.

If he'd have walked off that pitch with a hat trick he should've been ashamed.Reckon even Heskey would've scored one of thos 5 chances Bendtner fluffed Wink
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:42 am

I fceking hope Arsenal go through, otherwise we will have the resident grump on banging on about how Porto do it on a shoestring, blah, blah, blah Wink
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:48 am

villanfromluton wrote:I fceking hope Arsenal go through, otherwise we will have the resident grump on banging on about how Porto do it on a shoestring, blah, blah, blah Wink

Or the other resident grump saying that porto were a bunch of big bullies Slap Fight
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:49 am

QBVILLA wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:I fceking hope Arsenal go through, otherwise we will have the resident grump on banging on about how Porto do it on a shoestring, blah, blah, blah Wink

Or the other resident grump saying that porto were a bunch of big bullies Slap Fight

To be fair, there are two grumps in that group
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:46 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

To be fair, there are two grumps in that group

It's like effin Mutt'n Jeff on 'ere sometimes!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Violin
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:08 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Violin

Banjo Banjo

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:37 pm

Well, you just squeaked past Porto......
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:02 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
jak wrote:

If he'd have walked off that pitch with a hat trick he should've been ashamed.Reckon even Heskey would've scored one of thos 5 chances Bendtner fluffed Wink

He's still a young lad who has been consistently played out of position at the Arsenal. He popped in a hat trick tonight so he can be forgiven for Saturday. As I said, time alone will tell with Bendtner. You're welcome to Heskey, by the way.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:41 am

Bendtner was bound to score last night after his comedy effort at teh weekend.Faior play to him getting a trick in CL though, that's an achivement in itself.The fact it was against the mighty Porto who Lion reckons have been put together for the same price as a second class stamp is irrelevant IMO.I just wish the Villa coaching staff had the same nous as those Porto coaches Moon
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:15 am

proof that porto are a load of crap and only win there league because its an even bigger pile of crap which is why they can play these youngsters and develop there game cyclops

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:43 am

I am waiting for Lion to explain this one away Wink
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum