JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ramsey

+5
jpr60
jak
MrMagoo
villanfromluton
ADRIAN_1976
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ramsey - Page 2 Empty Re: Ramsey

Post  villanfromluton Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:23 pm

Seen it and there was no intent IMHO. The lad pushed the ball too far, he is distraught at what happens next. Dont think it was a sending off at all, but can see the ref was in the same vein of both sets of players as they knew it was a bad injury. Thought Wengers comments were a disgrace, the guy has no class in my eyes no more. Does he think players are trying to give bad injuries to Arsenal players, pathetic.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:30 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
mikeyff wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Jesus, he should not have been sent off if it wasnt a sending off offence

Stop arguing with everyone Mad Mad Mad
he's only arguing coz he's turning into a grumpy old man and becoming impotent

Ades, I aint arguing, if it wasnt a bad challenge, he should not have been sent off and bollox that it was common sense, his manager could have subbed him.

FF, grumpy old man, you talk shite like my missus as she says that Wink . As for being impotent, come back and chat when you have 11 kids from 9 different women, the latest last week cheers

Shocked

I Knew it Mad Mad

You are everything that is wrong with this country.. and you have the nerve to comment on Villanies antics Mad Mad
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:21 am

Horrible. But I don't think it was intentional.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:54 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Seen it and there was no intent IMHO. The lad pushed the ball too far, he is distraught at what happens next. Dont think it was a sending off at all, but can see the ref was in the same vein of both sets of players as they knew it was a bad injury. Thought Wengers comments were a disgrace, the guy has no class in my eyes no more. Does he think players are trying to give bad injuries to Arsenal players, pathetic.

No, he knows that players are told to go out and 'get stuck in' because, as we all know Arsenal are wimps and don't like getting kicked. That's a fact - 3 players clogged in four years - that's not coincidence. I don't doubt that the cloggers were sorry to have badly injured fellow pros, but they were acting under orders and that's the disgrace. If you can't see it then you, old son, are a complete tosser!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:58 pm

JPR, just about every ex pro I have heard speak about it say it was a complete accident. Maybe I am a tosser, but not half as much as Wenger is. I can understand him being emotional, maybe he should not have given an after match talk, but what he said is a disgrace. Take off the tinted specs and you may realise it was a complete accident.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:47 pm

jpr60 wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Seen it and there was no intent IMHO. The lad pushed the ball too far, he is distraught at what happens next. Dont think it was a sending off at all, but can see the ref was in the same vein of both sets of players as they knew it was a bad injury. Thought Wengers comments were a disgrace, the guy has no class in my eyes no more. Does he think players are trying to give bad injuries to Arsenal players, pathetic.

No, he knows that players are told to go out and 'get stuck in' because, as we all know Arsenal are wimps and don't like getting kicked. That's a fact - 3 players clogged in four years - that's not coincidence. I don't doubt that the cloggers were sorry to have badly injured fellow pros, but they were acting under orders and that's the disgrace. If you can't see it then you, old son, are a complete tosser!

Hmm. I see your Edouardo and Ramsey, and I'll raise you Dean Ashton and Kieron Dyer. Footballers get clogged sometimes, it happens. No-one is picking on Arsenal. I agree with Lutes, I'm afraid. Wenger is not a pleasant person at all.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:03 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Hmm. I see your Edouardo and Ramsey, and I'll raise you Dean Ashton and Kieron Dyer. Footballers get clogged sometimes, it happens. No-one is picking on Arsenal. I agree with Lutes, I'm afraid. Wenger is not a pleasant person at all.

He reminds me of Phil Dowd, complete Tosspot
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:04 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Diaby, Eduardo, Ramsey - 3 players clogged out of the game in 4 years, all from one club. Coincidence?
Wenger has simply stated that it is not acceptable - I totally agree with him

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:37 pm

It was 2 players in 2 years at West Ham, and yes, it was coincidence, just as it is with the Arsenal players. Sooner or later, Wenger is going to talk himself into trouble.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:47 pm

jpr60 wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Injuries happen, maybe you think there should not be tackling in the game. You are talking tosh JPR with regards to the challenge yesterday

Diaby, Eduardo, Ramsey - 3 players clogged out of the game in 4 years, all from one club. Coincidence?
Wenger has simply stated that it is not acceptable - I totally agree with him
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:15 pm

Bedshammer wrote:It was 2 players in 2 years at West Ham, and yes, it was coincidence, just as it is with the Arsenal players. Sooner or later, Wenger is going to talk himself into trouble.

So you actually don't think that there's an element of 'Arsenal don't like the physical stuff so get stuck in'? It's bandied about in the media as the way to play Arsenal - lots of good-old-British 'these foreigners can't take a tackle' - and more than one Premier League coach has made reference to 'Arsenal's weakness'. Apparently on Sky they were analysing why Arsenal players seem to receive such bad inuries - "Is it that they are too quick?" was a genuine question!
If you really beleive that Diaby, Eduardo and Ramsey were injured in a sporting fashion then I suspect you've lost the plot and joined the 'dark side', those that would keep British football at a base level, not to be enjoyed by those appreciating quality players with high technical skills. All three were taken out by honest English players - I suppose that's another reason why the tackles were 'fair', 'without malice' etc etc, were an Italian or a Spaniard to have done the dirty work on Ramsey who is himself of honest, British stock then things might not seem quite clear, eh?
Anyway, enough. I'm sick of seeing good young players taken out of the game at this level - it shouldn't happen and shouldn't be encouraged, end of.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:24 pm

jpr, I tend to agree with you that teams to try and give Arsenal a physical battle but that's because it works. But every single team in the Premiership has to go to games like Stoke, Bolton, Blackburn where the style of play is physical and intense. There was no way in hell Shawcross had any intention of getting a foot on anything but the ball - he went into the tackle like any decent minded player would. Studs down, and aiming to swipe the ball away from Ramsey. He was a fraction of a second late, and Ramsey has paid a shocking price for that. Whatever has happened to Diaby and Eduardo in the past has absolutely no bearing at all on Ramsey's misfortune. As for players going in with intent to do a bit of damage, your captain has a nasty little habit of going in with his studs up.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:25 pm

jpr60 wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:It was 2 players in 2 years at West Ham, and yes, it was coincidence, just as it is with the Arsenal players. Sooner or later, Wenger is going to talk himself into trouble.

So you actually don't think that there's an element of 'Arsenal don't like the physical stuff so get stuck in'? It's bandied about in the media as the way to play Arsenal - lots of good-old-British 'these foreigners can't take a tackle' - and more than one Premier League coach has made reference to 'Arsenal's weakness'. Apparently on Sky they were analysing why Arsenal players seem to receive such bad inuries - "Is it that they are too quick?" was a genuine question!
If you really beleive that Diaby, Eduardo and Ramsey were injured in a sporting fashion then I suspect you've lost the plot and joined the 'dark side', those that would keep British football at a base level, not to be enjoyed by those appreciating quality players with high technical skills. All three were taken out by honest English players - I suppose that's another reason why the tackles were 'fair', 'without malice' etc etc, were an Italian or a Spaniard to have done the dirty work on Ramsey who is himself of honest, British stock then things might not seem quite clear, eh?
Anyway, enough. I'm sick of seeing good young players taken out of the game at this level - it shouldn't happen and shouldn't be encouraged, end of.

Utter bollox
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:36 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Utter bollox

You weren't that bad, but I could see you might be disappointed.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:40 pm

Laughing

Good comeback JPR, I actually thought we played well today to be honest, bad mistake by the 2 solid centre halves for the goals, but very well taken.

Please look again at the Ramsey thing and I think you will retract your remarks about this one. Showed it this morning on Kamara's show and his leg was actually bent before the challenge. Total freak incident
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:46 pm

jpr60 wrote:

And Ashton and Dyer? Were they just mistaken for Arsenal players? No, I don't think that Arsenal are targeted the way you say. As for "bandied about in the media", just because they print it don't mean it's true. And the same applies to Wenger.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:09 pm

Well, it's obvious Wenger get's up certain peoples noses.
The fact is that there are certain managers in the PL who are prepared to use any means at their disposal to get results.
This includes them sending their teams out to kick the shit out of the more skilful players.
It doesn't matter what team these better players play for. The fact is that REAL football fans should want these reckless tackles, that cause such horrific injuries, banished from our game. That's why I'm shocked to hear some of the reaction on here.
These defenders are not Sunday morning pub players. They are pro footballers who have spent their lives playing football, week in week out, they know what they're doing. Top Top pros who are thinking the game on a different level to players in lower pro leagues. They know when they're making sure that if they miss the ball, they're most definitely going to get the man.
Sure they don't mean to smash someones leg to smithereens but when you are making sure that if you miss the ball you're hell bent on going through on the man, then the possibility of a serious injury becomes much more likely.
As a fan of the beautiful game I want to see these prat managers, the likes of Allerdyce, who wind these lads up to injure opposition players, driven out of the game.
Love Wenger or hate him he has enhanced the English game as a fan of football, I thank him for that.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:18 pm

Jak, everyone pro I have heard speak about it said it was a nothing challenge that went wrong. Do you honestly think the guy went in to do damage to Ramsey. I broke a lads leg once in a totally innocuous (pist sp) challenge, I felt bad for ages, but it was an honest challenge and he came out worse.This nonsence about Arsenal being targeted is tosh IMHO.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:28 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Jak, everyone pro I have heard speak about it said it was a nothing challenge that went wrong. Do you honestly think the guy went in to do damage to Ramsey. I broke a lads leg once in a totally innocuous (pist sp) challenge, I felt bad for ages, but it was an honest challenge and he came out worse.This nonsence about Arsenal being targeted is tosh IMHO.

Where did I say Arsenal were being targeted?

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:47 pm

jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Jak, everyone pro I have heard speak about it said it was a nothing challenge that went wrong. Do you honestly think the guy went in to do damage to Ramsey. I broke a lads leg once in a totally innocuous (pist sp) challenge, I felt bad for ages, but it was an honest challenge and he came out worse.This nonsence about Arsenal being targeted is tosh IMHO.

Jak, where did I say you said Arsenal were being targeted, you were very fair last night with your comments. Having seen things, do you think it was a bad challenge?
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:56 pm

Yeah - but you were playing chess FFS!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:00 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jak wrote:

Jak, where did I say you said Arsenal were being targeted, you were very fair last night with your comments. Having seen things, do you think it was a bad challenge?

A good challenge, doesn't leave a player with a badly munched leg. Of course it was a bad challenge.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:04 pm

jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
jak wrote:

A good challenge, doesn't leave a player with a badly munched leg. Of course it was a bad challenge.

Jak, me thinks you are dodging the issue somewhat. Was that a nasty challenge intent on causing harm to the oppostition player? I may call you a twat, but you know that is a joke. You know right and wrong and was that challenge deliberate?
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:07 pm

It wasn't a malicious challenge.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:10 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
jak wrote:

Jak, me thinks you are dodging the issue somewhat. Was that a nasty challenge intent on causing harm to the oppostition player? I may call you a twat, but you know that is a joke. You know right and wrong and was that challenge deliberate?

I said it was a bad challenge, I don't think it was malicious in this instance but I stand by all I said in my original post.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum