JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ramsey

+5
jpr60
jak
MrMagoo
villanfromluton
ADRIAN_1976
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ramsey - Page 3 Empty Re: Ramsey

Post  villanfromluton Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:21 pm

jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Jak, everyone pro I have heard speak about it said it was a nothing challenge that went wrong. Do you honestly think the guy went in to do damage to Ramsey. I broke a lads leg once in a totally innocuous (pist sp) challenge, I felt bad for ages, but it was an honest challenge and he came out worse.This nonsence about Arsenal being targeted is tosh IMHO.

Where did I say Arsenal were being targeted?

Jak, where did I say you said Arsenal were being targeted, you were very fair last night with your comments. Having seen things, do you think it was a bad challenge?

A good challenge, doesn't leave a player with a badly munched leg. Of course it was a bad challenge.

Jak, me thinks you are dodging the issue somewhat. Was that a nasty challenge intent on causing harm to the oppostition player? I may call you a twat, but you know that is a joke. You know right and wrong and was that challenge deliberate?

I said it was a bad challenge, I don't think it was malicious in this instance but I stand by all I said in my original post.

Jak, thought better of you mate. Anyone without red and white tinted glasses who has viewed it knows it was a complete accident. Ramseys leg was bent as he went to challenge and Shawcross did not go over the top. Wenger should be brought to task for his comments IMHO and it has fcek all to do with bashing Arsenal. You know I love the way you play football, but he has gone well over the top with his comments.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:33 pm

I've just seen the challenge for the first time this evening. Bad luck IMHO. Feel sorry for the lad Ramsey but it didn't look like a bad tackle to me.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:34 pm

villainies wrote:I've just seen the challenge for the first time this evening. Bad luck IMHO. Feel sorry for the lad Ramsey but it didn't look like a bad tackle to me.

fceking hell, you do know something about football
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:46 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Jak, everyone pro I have heard speak about it said it was a nothing challenge that went wrong. Do you honestly think the guy went in to do damage to Ramsey. I broke a lads leg once in a totally innocuous (pist sp) challenge, I felt bad for ages, but it was an honest challenge and he came out worse.This nonsence about Arsenal being targeted is tosh IMHO.

Where did I say Arsenal were being targeted?

Jak, where did I say you said Arsenal were being targeted, you were very fair last night with your comments. Having seen things, do you think it was a bad challenge?

A good challenge, doesn't leave a player with a badly munched leg. Of course it was a bad challenge.

Jak, me thinks you are dodging the issue somewhat. Was that a nasty challenge intent on causing harm to the oppostition player? I may call you a twat, but you know that is a joke. You know right and wrong and was that challenge deliberate?

I said it was a bad challenge, I don't think it was malicious in this instance but I stand by all I said in my original post.

Jak, thought better of you mate. Anyone without red and white tinted glasses who has viewed it knows it was a complete accident. Ramseys leg was bent as he went to challenge and Shawcross did not go over the top. Wenger should be brought to task for his comments IMHO and it has fcek all to do with bashing Arsenal. You know I love the way you play football, but he has gone well over the top with his comments.

Luiton

Do you remember the Kenny Burns over the top challenge on John Robson - Villa v Blues 1975

Didn´t cause serious injury thankfully - but that remains the most blatant one I´ve ever seen

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:49 pm

Certainly do, drunken ugly jock cnut. Worst I have seen is Finns shout with gordon Cowans, that was really nasty and more or less finished a top looking career. Shawcross overran the ball, end of story and was an unfortunate accident it happens.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:52 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Certainly do, drunken ugly jock cnut. Worst I have seen is Finns shout with gordon Cowans, that was really nasty and more or less finished a top looking career. Shawcross overran the ball, end of story and was an unfortunate accident it happens.

I think the Spanish one gets more stick because of the extent of the injury - but Burns let the ball go by him - he just wanted to do the player and nothing else

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:56 pm

Lion, it was an awful challenge IMHO, Burns was a nutter, but Clough turned him into a top player. Remember seeing him play centre forward on my 11th birthday v <an City and was immense. Did he play for Leeds, was at the baggies when they all but got relegated, am thinking he was involved
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:00 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Lion, it was an awful challenge IMHO, Burns was a nutter, but Clough turned him into a top player. Remember seeing him play centre forward on my 11th birthday v <an City and was immense. Did he play for Leeds, was at the baggies when they all but got relegated, am thinking he was involved

Yes he was at Leeds

I remember him scoring four for the nosers on MOTD in an away game at Leicester

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:11 pm

Lion, did you see the Ramsey challenge and if so what are your honest thoughts. It would be nice to hear the views of someone whois reknowned for talking shite
Very Happy . i
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:20 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Lion, did you see the Ramsey challenge and if so what are your honest thoughts. It would be nice to hear the views of someone whois reknowned for talking shite
Very Happy . i

Haven´t seen it

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:24 pm

Lionheart wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Lion, did you see the Ramsey challenge and if so what are your honest thoughts. It would be nice to hear the views of someone whois reknowned for talking shite
Very Happy . i

Haven´t seen it

Flucking hell, Wenger or what Very Happy
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:53 am

villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:10 am

I thought there was one reckless challenge over the weekend and that was by Ridgewell on McCarthy.Shawcross was IMO looking to win nothing but the ball.A very unfortunate accident IMO.Wenger and Fabregas are not doing themselves any favours with their comments
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:13 am

I really think Wenger should face some sort of action for his comments, outrageous
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:19 am

villanfromluton wrote:I really think Wenger should face some sort of action for his comments, outrageous

He'll be making an apology by this weekend.Pulis was raging about what Arse had said, quite understandably too.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:21 am

QBVILLA wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:I really think Wenger should face some sort of action for his comments, outrageous

He'll be making an apology by this weekend.Pulis was raging about what Arse had said, quite understandably too.

More chance of Adrian getting a bird than that happening
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:22 am

villanfromluton wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

He'll be instructed to by the club's lawyers
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:26 am

QBVILLA wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

He'll be instructed to by the club's lawyers

Maybe he will have to write a letter Very Happy . U not at work today tosspot
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:35 am

Booked the day off as i planned to get trolleyed and everything went to plan apart from the result
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:40 am

Luckily the missus werent well this morning, so I rang and booked the day off work, was going to go to meeting in London, but got someone else to go. Didnt feel great this morning, think someone was spiking my drinks
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:11 pm

i've got the enrgy levels of Jesus in a job centre today.Reckon i've consumed around 25 pints this weekend
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:33 pm

I'm off today too, just me and the nipper relaxing. A bit hungover but not too bad considering. My local pub was all Villa yesterday it was like a home game!
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:34 pm

The challenges, tackles - call them what you will - that go in and cause the kind of 'accidents' that Diaby, Eduardo and now Ramsey have been the victims of are either contrived to do damage (I think that was the case with the Sunderland player against Diaby) or, simply out-of-control. If you look at the Shawcross 'tackle' he's pushed the ball too far and then gone in 110% in the hope of still winning it, whilst Ramsey has got to the ball and been hit through his left leg and into his right leg which is already in the turf, hence the break. It's a wild tackle IMO and the sort of thing that should not be encouraged. I'm loathe to include some history here - Shawcross went through Jeffers a couple of years back, breaking his ankle in a tackle from behind. Pullis said at the time 'he's not that sort of a player' in his defence. He also went through Adebayor after the ball was gone (and off the pitch) which saw Adebayor out for 3 weeks with ankle damage. I think Shawcross is that sort of player, a touch too reckless and too eager to put himself about - he doesn't want to injure anyone but he finds himself in out-of-control situations. For his own sake he should be helped to reign in his 'red mist' moments - he's a young lad yet already responsible for breaking two fellow-pros legs!
And Wenger has absolutely no reason to apologise to anyone for his comments, he's spot-on!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:14 pm

Violin Violin Violin

Football is a contact sport and there will be injuries
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:14 pm

QBVILLA wrote:i've got the enrgy levels of Jesus in a job centre today.Reckon i've consumed around 25 pints this weekend

Wimp
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next