JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beckenbauer

+6
Finn
villanfromluton
jpr60
ADRIAN_1976
FrenchSpur
Bedshammer
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Beckenbauer - Page 2 Empty Re: Beckenbauer

Post  jpr60 Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:26 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
jpr60 wrote:Der Kaiser has apologised for his criticism of the England team, saying that he's a huge fan of English football and that prior to the finals he'd expected England to be among the favourites to win it. He claims to have just been disappointed by England's performances which caused him to speak out, but he's sorry.
Two things to say about that :
1) If what he now says is true he sounds very much like any England fan (i.e. disappointed with England's performances);
2) If he's being PR about the whole thing I hope we jab it straight back down his throat on Sunday (but, as a disappointed football fan I reckon that's unlikely).
Actually I've a lot of respect for Der Kaiser. He was an excellent, class footballer and has managed to maintain a respectable image in the spotlight of European football after his playing days. Far prefer him to other ex-players, e.g. Platini!

Jpr.. you dont think we will beat the Germans do you....?

No, I don't. I'd love us to - I'll be there, England shirt, pint in hand - but unless something dramatic happens in the England squad I can see us going out to a German team that aren't in any way great but they do play together.
For some reason the England team don't look at ease just passing the ball around - we look most dangerous going forward in straight lines and yes, it can work, we can attack at speed and score (please - which means Rooney has to replace that chubby Irish look-alike that's been playing in his place recently).
Neither team are in good shape defensively but I just think if we maintain our love-affair with the Lampard-Gerrard partnership then the Germans will take midfield and they've got players who can score (you know, the two Polish strikers) whereas we've got players who might be able to score if they're in the mood/fit/or whatever it is that's been missing of late.
Both teams will have passion - there's no way a German team wants to lose to England so our gung-ho 'It's The Germans, WWI/WWII all over again' isn't necessarily gonna be enough.
I truly hope I'm wrong - nothing I'd like better than a return to a strong England performance but I'm not convinced we've got the ingredients and I suspect 'The Germans' will have too much for us. We'll see!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:31 pm

From the points I have heard mentioned, Beckanbaur was only saying what us English think about us anyway.

I think that we can beat them though, Swartzanegger is a big doubt and he is a good player
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:32 pm

I have to be honest, i wouldn't like to say who will lift the cup, and who will win the Germany v England game its a much of a muchness, very odd, if Accrington Stanley entered the competition tomorrow i wouldn't bet against them either.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:33 pm

villanfromluton wrote:That Green needs a smack round the choppers. Instead of me having a good night watching us beating Ghana with friends round for a barby, he has made us all suffer the agony of playing the fceking Germans on a fceking Sunday afternoon, and if we beat those, is likely to be fceking the Argies next. Tosser

Lion
We're watching the game at my in-laws, who rather alarmingly have promised to cook us a curry before the game. A whole new experience.

PS. We're gonna win. And we'll only have to play Argentina if they qualify for the quarter finals.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:39 pm

Why you in a strop Beds, that guy has fceked up my plans for the weekend and possibly our world cup hopes. If he was Columbian, he would be up before a firing squad on his return
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:42 pm

I still think the Koreans are going to win it... probably the southern ones now that my favourites the northern mob unluckily missed their chance to move forward in the tournament....
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:42 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Why you in a strop Beds, that guy has fceked up my plans for the weekend and possibly our world cup hopes. If he was Columbian, he would be up before a firing squad on his return

I'm not in a strop. Well, only because Villa are rumoured to be making a bid for Rob Green. Bastards.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:45 pm

jpr60 wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
jpr60 wrote:Der Kaiser has apologised for his criticism of the England team, saying that he's a huge fan of English football and that prior to the finals he'd expected England to be among the favourites to win it. He claims to have just been disappointed by England's performances which caused him to speak out, but he's sorry.
Two things to say about that :
1) If what he now says is true he sounds very much like any England fan (i.e. disappointed with England's performances);
2) If he's being PR about the whole thing I hope we jab it straight back down his throat on Sunday (but, as a disappointed football fan I reckon that's unlikely).
Actually I've a lot of respect for Der Kaiser. He was an excellent, class footballer and has managed to maintain a respectable image in the spotlight of European football after his playing days. Far prefer him to other ex-players, e.g. Platini!

Jpr.. you dont think we will beat the Germans do you....?

No, I don't. I'd love us to - I'll be there, England shirt, pint in hand - but unless something dramatic happens in the England squad I can see us going out to a German team that aren't in any way great but they do play together.
For some reason the England team don't look at ease just passing the ball around - we look most dangerous going forward in straight lines and yes, it can work, we can attack at speed and score (please - which means Rooney has to replace that chubby Irish look-alike that's been playing in his place recently).
Neither team are in good shape defensively but I just think if we maintain our love-affair with the Lampard-Gerrard partnership then the Germans will take midfield and they've got players who can score (you know, the two Polish strikers) whereas we've got players who might be able to score if they're in the mood/fit/or whatever it is that's been missing of late.
Both teams will have passion - there's no way a German team wants to lose to England so our gung-ho 'It's The Germans, WWI/WWII all over again' isn't necessarily gonna be enough.
I truly hope I'm wrong - nothing I'd like better than a return to a strong England performance but I'm not convinced we've got the ingredients and I suspect 'The Germans' will have too much for us. We'll see!

Fecking hell you've just depressed me Sad

I agree with one thing thou.. Gerrard and Lampard are both effective in the SAME positions.. its unbelievable that even top pundits and ex pros dont see that we can play both together.. we end up with a two less effective players!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:50 pm

Then you add Joe Cole who also plays in a similar role to Gerrard and lamps... and you have three players falling over themselves.. We need a batter balanced team Shocked Shocked
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:51 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Why you in a strop Beds, that guy has fceked up my plans for the weekend and possibly our world cup hopes. If he was Columbian, he would be up before a firing squad on his return

I'm not in a strop. Well, only because Villa are rumoured to be making a bid for Rob Green. Bastards.

He will lucky to get signed up by Luton to be honest
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:52 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:Then you add Joe Cole who also plays in a similar role to Gerrard and lamps... and you have three players falling over themselves.. We need a batter balanced team Shocked Shocked

Frenchie you can play Joe on the left he is a bit different.. but Gerrard lampard just want to push on form midfield behind the strikers.. Cole.. Barry.. Gerrard/Lampard.. Milner would be a decent midfield..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:54 pm

Bedshammer wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing You couldn't make that up.

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:00 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:Then you add Joe Cole who also plays in a similar role to Gerrard and lamps... and you have three players falling over themselves.. We need a batter balanced team Shocked Shocked

Frenchie you can play Joe on the left he is a bit different.. but Gerrard lampard just want to push on form midfield behind the strikers.. Cole.. Barry.. Gerrard/Lampard.. Milner would be a decent midfield..

I thought they were all trying to play the roll of tucking in behind the striker.. who unfortunately was heskey... not the best advert for football all around
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:06 pm

True but Joe Cole can still play left.. Gerrard and Lampard are best suited to running from midfield..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:19 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:

Oh dear, Lutes. Referring to yourself in the 3rd person? Tsk.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:23 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:

Oh dear, Lutes. Referring to yourself in the 3rd person? Tsk.

Come to think of it, Lutons keeper aint that shite, he could probably get a game with my lads team when the regular keeper has to work on matchday, Still pisses me off that that basic error could fcek up our world cup
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Finn Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:53 am

You villa fans should be used to goal keeping feck ups by now Very Happy
Finn
Finn

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:16 pm

Finn wrote:You villa fans should be used to goal keeping feck ups by now Very Happy

so will you be this time nest season Very Happy

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:59 pm

villanfromluton wrote:That Green needs a smack round the choppers. Instead of me having a good night watching us beating Ghana with friends round for a barby, he has made us all suffer the agony of playing the fceking Germans on a fceking Sunday afternoon, and if we beat those, is likely to be fceking the Argies next. Tosser

On the other hand, it'll help your diet! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:49 pm

Reddi

It aint going to help the diet. Got friends coming round in a short while and then again tomorrow. No wonder Im fceking skint

Wanker Green Mad
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:13 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Reddi

It aint going to help the diet. Got friends coming round in a short while and then again tomorrow. No wonder Im fceking skint

Wanker Green Mad

I'm desperately trying to take some counter-Osbourne measures, but Wifey has got us booked up until September!!

Wanker Green Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:18 pm

I have just burned my bloody hand Mad
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:37 pm

villanfromluton wrote:I have just burned my bloody hand Mad

Well next time your hands bloody put in under water not fire.. dopey fecker Very Happy
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:47 pm

villanfromluton wrote:I have just burned my bloody hand Mad

Whank-burns eh?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:22 pm