JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two important games.

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Two important games. Empty Two important games.

Post  jpr60 Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:57 pm

Newcastle on Sunday followed by Wolves on Wednesday - two important games if we are to keep abreast at the top of the table. Both matches are winnable, of course but methinks we'll have a battle to contain Newcastle's attack (not to mention having to watch out for "England-class" midfielder Barton) - it won't be the same match as our recent League Cup win (except, of course for Barton's participation - he only played about 15 minutes up there but managed a crippling tackle from behind on Eastmond and a body-check on Cesc to obtain the card he was so clearly looking for) but I trust we've enough to claim the points at The Grove.
Then off to Wolverhampton for a game that I'd expect us to win although, as with the Barcodes it'll be a battle. Still, good old English football, eh? Let's be having you!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Two important games. Empty Re: Two important games.

Post  Bully 9 Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:13 pm

jpr60 wrote:Newcastle on Sunday followed by Wolves on Wednesday - two important games if we are to keep abreast at the top of the table. Both matches are winnable, of course but methinks we'll have a battle to contain Newcastle's attack (not to mention having to watch out for "England-class" midfielder Barton) - it won't be the same match as our recent League Cup win (except, of course for Barton's participation - he only played about 15 minutes up there but managed a crippling tackle from behind on Eastmond and a body-check on Cesc to obtain the card he was so clearly looking for) but I trust we've enough to claim the points at The Grove.
Then off to Wolverhampton for a game that I'd expect us to win although, as with the Barcodes it'll be a battle. Still, good old English football, eh? Let's be having you!
Dont mean to sound defeatest but I expect you to win too!! Laughing Laughing
Bully 9
Bully 9

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:19 pm

Bully 9 wrote:
jpr60 wrote:Newcastle on Sunday followed by Wolves on Wednesday - two important games if we are to keep abreast at the top of the table. Both matches are winnable, of course but methinks we'll have a battle to contain Newcastle's attack (not to mention having to watch out for "England-class" midfielder Barton) - it won't be the same match as our recent League Cup win (except, of course for Barton's participation - he only played about 15 minutes up there but managed a crippling tackle from behind on Eastmond and a body-check on Cesc to obtain the card he was so clearly looking for) but I trust we've enough to claim the points at The Grove.

There lies the problem Bully. If The Arsenal players go up there expecting to win they could be in for a surprise - I'm hoping the players will be aware that they have to play to the best of their collective abilities in these games in order to come away with the points. We've been upset by the likes of West Brom and Sunderland - both matches we should win "on paper" - so a touch of focus is needed!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bully 9 Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:15 pm

jpr60 wrote:
Bully 9 wrote:

There lies the problem Bully. If The Arsenal players go up there expecting to win they could be in for a surprise - I'm hoping the players will be aware that they have to play to the best of their collective abilities in these games in order to come away with the points. We've been upset by the likes of West Brom and Sunderland - both matches we should win "on paper" - so a touch of focus is needed!
Yes i can understand that.....always being the underdog sometimes works in our favour! not often it has to be said, but on the other hand we are always expected to lose by 3/4 goals at least and in all fairness we do put up a fight! Laughing and i dont mean fight in the Karl Henry way Shocked Shocked
Bully 9
Bully 9

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:01 pm

Bully 9 wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
Bully 9 wrote:

Yes i can understand that.....always being the underdog sometimes works in our favour! not often it has to be said, but on the other hand we are always expected to lose by 3/4 goals at least and in all fairness we do put up a fight! Laughing and i dont mean fight in the Karl Henry way Shocked Shocked

Yeh, I'm hoping we don't see too much of the stuff that Joey Barton and Karl Henry are supposed to be capable of in the next two games. It's really annoying because it brings out the worst in me - well, probably most supporters. When you see one of your players getting a kicking you kind of want revenge - which takes you away from top-class football and back to pub games and the like. I don't mind pub matches but it's not, in truth what I (have to) pay large sums of money to watch so let's hope we get the football stimulation without the revenge-demanding adrenalin rush!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bully 9 Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:54 pm

jpr60 wrote:
Bully 9 wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
Bully 9 wrote:

Yeh, I'm hoping we don't see too much of the stuff that Joey Barton and Karl Henry are supposed to be capable of in the next two games. It's really annoying because it brings out the worst in me - well, probably most supporters. When you see one of your players getting a kicking you kind of want revenge - which takes you away from top-class football and back to pub games and the like. I don't mind pub matches but it's not, in truth what I (have to) pay large sums of money to watch so let's hope we get the football stimulation without the revenge-demanding adrenalin rush!
Clap
Bully 9
Bully 9

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Well, we lost the first one! That's the thing about football, if you don't score a goal you don't win a match. Hitting the goal-frame three times gives you nowt, letting a big striker have a free run and jump for a high ball might concede a goal. Lessons to be learnt.
Never seen Cesc play so poorly, overall going forward we weren't that sharp although on several occasions the final ball was only centimetres away. I knew we were going to score, right up 'til the 94th minute when we didn't/hadn't.
Still, we like to do things differently - we like to make life difficult - we like, for example being 5 points behind Chelsea.
Watch out Wolves, we coming to get you! flower

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:28 pm

There are certainly some strange results this season, what would the odds be on Arsenal losing to West Brom and Newcastle at home
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Bully 9 Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:29 pm

jpr60 wrote:Well, we lost the first one! That's the thing about football, if you don't score a goal you don't win a match. Hitting the goal-frame three times gives you nowt, letting a big striker have a free run and jump for a high ball might concede a goal. Lessons to be learnt.
Never seen Cesc play so poorly, overall going forward we weren't that sharp although on several occasions the final ball was only centimetres away. I knew we were going to score, right up 'til the 94th minute when we didn't/hadn't.
Still, we like to do things differently - we like to make life difficult - we like, for example being 5 points behind Chelsea.
Oh joy!! another saturday night crying into my vodka!! Wink
Bully 9
Bully 9

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Bully 9 wrote:
jpr60 wrote:Well, we lost the first one! That's the thing about football, if you don't score a goal you don't win a match. Hitting the goal-frame three times gives you nowt, letting a big striker have a free run and jump for a high ball might concede a goal. Lessons to be learnt.

That may well be the case but you might be chuckling round a Big Mac on Wednesday, when Wolves entertain The Arsenal Wink

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bully 9 Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:36 pm

jpr60 wrote:
Bully 9 wrote:

That may well be the case but you might be chuckling round a Big Mac on Wednesday, when Wolves entertain The Arsenal Wink
cheers
Bully 9
Bully 9

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:41 pm

villanfromluton wrote:There are certainly some strange results this season, what would the odds be on Arsenal losing to West Brom and Newcastle at home

Aside from Chelsea (aside from today that is) there hasn't been a stand-out team in the Prem thus far IMO. Right now there's a clutch of teams on around fifteen points - nine teams from Newcastle down to Villa - we've lost three matches already! I suppose it means that standards have evened out which is a good thing for the fans cos anyone's team has a chance to win against any opposition. Bit effin disappointing for the likes of us Gooners - I truly believed this would be our year for a trophy or two - still, early days eh?!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:45 pm

I think you will take the Carling Cup..

League will be a missed opportunity again...
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:21 pm

jpr60 wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:There are certainly some strange results this season, what would the odds be on Arsenal losing to West Brom and Newcastle at home

Aside from Chelsea (aside from today that is) there hasn't been a stand-out team in the Prem thus far IMO. Right now there's a clutch of teams on around fifteen points - nine teams from Newcastle down to Villa - we've lost three matches already! I suppose it means that standards have evened out which is a good thing for the fans cos anyone's team has a chance to win against any opposition. Bit effin disappointing for the likes of us Gooners - I truly believed this would be our year for a trophy or two - still, early days eh?!

Think Liverpool are about to go on a massive unbeaten run that will take them into the spring 11 and will win them the Premiership title, reasons.

They don't have the same kind of fixture pressure that Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal have with CL commitments, i don't think Spurs will have the staying power and will fade, Man City could so easily go into meltdown so they aren't focused right to win it this season and most of all, Torres just broke out from his depression and when a player of that importance starts to kick in, as hopefully will be the case with Gabby, IE the most important player in the side, the transformation is dramatic. Liverpool will be the team.

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:57 pm

jpr60 wrote:

Aside from Chelsea (aside from today that is) there hasn't been a stand-out team in the Prem thus far IMO. Right now there's a clutch of teams on around fifteen points - nine teams from Newcastle down to Villa - we've lost three matches already! I suppose it means that standards have evened out which is a good thing for the fans cos anyone's team has a chance to win against any opposition. [b]Bit effin disappointing for the likes of us Gooners [/b]- I truly believed this would be our year for a trophy or two - still, early days eh?!

Tell me about it.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:59 pm

Malachite wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Think Liverpool are about to go on a massive unbeaten run that will take them into the spring 11 and will win them the Premiership title, reasons.

They don't have the same kind of fixture pressure that Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal have with CL commitments, i don't think Spurs will have the staying power and will fade, Man City could so easily go into meltdown so they aren't focused right to win it this season and most of all, Torres just broke out from his depression and when a player of that importance starts to kick in, as hopefully will be the case with Gabby, IE the most important player in the side, the transformation is dramatic. Liverpool will be the team.

You must be pist Very Happy
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:00 pm

And thats also true.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:03 pm

That makes more sense than the previous post of yours that was on the same sort of level as clueless getting a phone call this morning Very Happy
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:06 pm

villanfromluton wrote:That makes more sense than the previous post of yours that was on the same sort of level as clueless getting a phone call this morning Very Happy

Wrong thread, but shit, do we have a huge game, and difficult game in a few days, that makes sense..... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:12 pm

Need Gabby back and think we will be a force. Played superb football yesterday and actually enjoyed watching the young lads. I have lost a lot of interest, but seeing young kids busting a gut makes you feel better.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:25 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Need Gabby back and think we will be a force. Played superb football yesterday and actually enjoyed watching the young lads. I have lost a lot of interest, but seeing young kids busting a gut makes you feel better.

Ditto, what i would say is regardless of how well the lads played to lose 2pts in the dying seconds of a game is abysmal, IMO, and fair play to Fulham who must have been out on there feet having chased the game for most of.....last team i would choose to play at this time would be Blackpool, if given a choice that is.

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:01 pm

So, back to thread and - one lost and one won!
Very relieved to have won the game at Wolves which puts us back into a more positive frame of mind for the up-coming visit to Merseyside to play Everton on Sunday. Now that'll be a test of our resolve - bring 'em on!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:18 pm

I've seen nothing of the game but am extremely glad we got the 3 points. Nice to see Captain Cesc putting one away too.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:23 pm

Good second goal JPR, excellent move. Everton came back well at the end and Fabianski did very well
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:41 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Good second goal JPR, excellent move. Everton came back well at the end and Fabianski did very well

Mmmmm it'd be nice to think we've got a keeper worth his place, on a consistent basis.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next