JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very important match

5 posters

Go down

Very important match Empty Very important match

Post  jpr60 Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:08 pm

coming up. ManU at Old Trafford. That's the sort of fixture you have to win if you're serious about the Premier League. We've done it (and won it) at Old Trafford in the past, why not this time? I think we've got the quality in the squad and I also think that perhaps ManU are not at their strongest this season (despite being second in the table).
So much depends on the day and, in football anything can happen - so let's go with optimism in our strengths and trust that we'll be able to get the result that goes some way to putting us back where we belong - come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Very important match Empty Re: Very important match

Post  FrenchSpur Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:18 pm

jpr60 wrote:coming up. ManU at Old Trafford. That's the sort of fixture you have to win if you're serious about the Premier League. We've done it (and won it) at Old Trafford in the past, why not this time? I think we've got the quality in the squad and I also think that perhaps ManU are not at their strongest this season (despite being second in the table).
So much depends on the day and, in football anything can happen - so let's go with optimism in our strengths and trust that we'll be able to get the result that goes some way to putting us back where we belong - come on Arsenal!

Manure's defence is not good this year but upfront they seem pretty slick.... I think they will rip your defence to shreds.... Your best hope is to do the same to them...
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:24 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:coming up. ManU at Old Trafford. That's the sort of fixture you have to win if you're serious about the Premier League. We've done it (and won it) at Old Trafford in the past, why not this time? I think we've got the quality in the squad and I also think that perhaps ManU are not at their strongest this season (despite being second in the table).

Manure's defence is not good this year but upfront they seem pretty slick.... I think they will rip your defence to shreds.... Your best hope is to do the same to them...

7-7 eh?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:26 pm

jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

7-7 eh?

wouldn't that be a game to watch...
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:32 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

7-7 eh?

wouldn't that be a game to watch...

Hopefully better than the 5-7 Reading v Arsenal game - a horror story (defensively) although many of the goals were well-taken. I prefer my football to be a touch more efficient TBH!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:35 pm

Even I have to accept that we're not there yet. We're still giving away goals and rarely looking like scoring them!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:00 pm

And here we are.
Arsene blaming the referee.
The penalty was all day a penalty and Wilshire was running around, a yard off the pace, asking to be sent off.
That's got nothing to do with the ref.
Here's a little example of the difference between Ferguson and Wenger. Cleverley was looking to get sent off so Ferguson took him off, he's available for the next game. Wilshire isn't.
I look at Podolski, a very good player, who started so well, who as now decided he's not going to do his defensive duties. Arshavin has previously done the same. I don't see Ferguson having any of that from his players. He's on them like a ton of bricks.
I still say that we have a very good squad but that's not enough, they've got to be made to play.
Some Arsenal players don't seem to be under pressure to give their all.
Jenkinson has given his all and where is he? Dropped, that is bollocks!!!
Now we have a captain who is the worst player in our team along with the unsupported Santos and now MUST be dropped.
Come on Arsene, get a fecking grip!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:46 pm

What's happened to Vermalean.. He was looking a top top player.. This must be a blip for him..!?
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:27 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:What's happened to Vermalean.. He was looking a top top player.. This must be a blip for him..!?

Vermaelen has always been iffy but he sort of offset his defensive frailties with the odd goal. So he stayed out of the spotlight. This season he's been crap, given away free kick after free kick in vital areas and made mistake after mistake. Koscielny was terrific last season. He has lost form following injury but should be played and favoured over Vermaelen, he will be in the long run the better option. Problem is Vermaelen's been made captain Rolling Eyes
Still they have non-playing captains in the Ryder cup, this could be a first for football.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:56 pm

Have to say I'm deeply concerned (OK, shittin' meself) about the game against Shalke 04 on Tuesday. We lose that we're in the mire - not only from the point of view "Can we qualify for the CL play-offs?" but where-t-f are we going?
This squad really should be doing better - there's quality in there but what has been happening lately? Is there something wrong from a leadership point of view (leadership = coach/manager, captain) or is it just a bunch of individual blips that have made us suddenly look so unsure, so effin weak?
With the players we have we should be out there showing everyone else how to play but we've been sitting back, timid, ineffectual, apparently unable to impose ourselves on the game.
I want to see improvement across the board TBH - defence : defend as a unit; midfield : get an effin grip; attack : effin attack - that means shots-on-target, lots of'em!
Come on, for Chrissakes, get out there and show what you're effin made of you Gunners!!!!!!!!!!!!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:22 pm

Jak is right - it was bad management of Wenger not to substitute Wilshere, he could easily been sent off before he actually was. Am surprisedwhat you are saying about Vermehlan, always thought of him as a good defender
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down