JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inviting the neighbours.

+4
Bully 9
jak
villanfromluton
jpr60
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Inviting the neighbours. Empty Inviting the neighbours.

Post  jpr60 Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:43 pm

Well, you've got to show willing, have those miserable büggers over once in a while.
We'll be able to say "hello" to our old buddy William Gallas, perhaps to their youngster too - what's his name? - oh yes, Bentley, plus their Dutch star Van der Vaart and the much (recently) heralded Gareth Bale! Wow, I expect they'll be putting on their best for such a visit.
I wonder who we'll have to greet them. Hopefully there'll not be any new injuries from the international matches, although Young Jack is already out of the England game - let's hope he'll be OK to welcome our neighbours. It's a nice match to savour although the game itself will probably not live up to expectations - it's been a long time since an Arsenal-Tottingham fixture produced a good footballing 90 minutes. Still, no harm in hoping, eh (Tottingham)?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Inviting the neighbours. Empty Re: Inviting the neighbours.

Post  villanfromluton Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:07 pm

jpr60 wrote:Well, you've got to show willing, have those miserable büggers over once in a while.
We'll be able to say "hello" to our old buddy William Gallas, perhaps to their youngster too - what's his name? - oh yes, Bentley, plus their Dutch star Van der Vaart and the much (recently) heralded Gareth Bale! Wow, I expect they'll be putting on their best for such a visit.
I wonder who we'll have to greet them. Hopefully there'll not be any new injuries from the international matches, although Young Jack is already out of the England game - let's hope he'll be OK to welcome our neighbours. It's a nice match to savour although the game itself will probably not live up to expectations - it's been a long time since an Arsenal-Tottingham fixture produced a good footballing 90 minutes. Still, no harm in hoping, eh (Tottingham)?

What about when they beat you 5-1 cheers
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:23 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:Well, you've got to show willing, have those miserable büggers over once in a while.

If memory serves that was a League Cup fixture - oh yes, Tottingham immediately created a DVD for their glorious fans in celebration of the fact that they'd beaten our kids. Oh well, if that's what you call a "good footballing 90 minutes" then there have been lots, 4-0 at their place in the days of Liam Brady springs to mind. No, what I mean is football, not blood-and-thunder which this fixture usually presents.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:41 pm

I remember that game from MOTD, Graham Rix was around then as well. Brady was a top top player, one of the best I have ever seen. It was a murky day from my distant memory, especially for the Spuds Wink
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:31 pm

villanfromluton wrote:

It's a good job it's your birfday or you'd be bleedin' getting it !!!! Slap Fight Slap Fight Slap Fight

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:34 pm

jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

It's a good job it's your birfday or you'd be bleedin' getting it !!!! Slap Fight Slap Fight Slap Fight

I dont mind you giving Robert Pires it, but Im not that way incloned Leatherman
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Bully 9 Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:36 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

Bedsy
Bully 9
Bully 9

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:54 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

'ELLO 'ELLO Moon

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Bully 9 Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:57 pm

jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

'ELLO 'ELLO Moon
Jak stop teasing Lutes on his birthday! Pounce Pounce
Bully 9
Bully 9

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:29 pm

It'll be interesting to see what team Arsene will start with tomorrow. We've not got everyone available but there's certainly choices to be made throughout the team. I'm seriously considering a massacre TBH - this is not bragging, just a feeling I've got. I reckon we're gonna see an outstanding performance - come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:36 pm

jpr60 wrote:It'll be interesting to see what team Arsene will start with tomorrow. We've not got everyone available but there's certainly choices to be made throughout the team. I'm seriously considering a massacre TBH - this is not bragging, just a feeling I've got. I reckon we're gonna see an outstanding performance - come on Arsenal!

OOH!!!! I'm very superstitious. You make me very nervous when you count our chickens. Wink

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:01 pm

Dont Worry.

Gormless the Goalkeeper is very helpful.
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  jannerblue Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:23 pm

The 2 - 1 back in April was a good game I seem to remember. With one of the best goals you'll see anywhere!

jannerblue
jannerblue

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:33 pm

jpr60 wrote:It'll be interesting to see what team Arsene will start with tomorrow. We've not got everyone available but there's certainly choices to be made throughout the team. I'm seriously considering a massacre TBH - this is not bragging, just a feeling I've got. I reckon we're gonna see an outstanding performance - come on Arsenal!

Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  jannerblue Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:39 pm

2 - 0 and you fucked it up... Ouch!.
jannerblue
jannerblue

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:46 pm

Ouch, indeed !!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:52 pm

A new era is dawning in North London. The transfer of power from Arsenal to Spurs is well and truly underway.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jannerblue Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:53 pm

villainies wrote:A new era is dawning in North London. The transfer of power from Arsenal to Spurs is well and truly underway.

Certainly looking that way... Spurs have transformed completely under Harry.
jannerblue
jannerblue

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:56 pm

Wouldnt go that far yet.. with Arsenal hving no big debt and a stadium which is nearly paid off for.. in the coming years they will have big bucks to spend while the rest of football could struggle with finances..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:10 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Wouldnt go that far yet.. with Arsenal hving no big debt and a stadium which is nearly paid off for.. in the coming years they will have big bucks to spend while the rest of football could struggle with finances..

Over £200million in debt and the property that boosted this years figures is nearly sold. I don't reckon the next manager will be given a massive transfer pot and probably won't have Wenger's knack of finding cheap players.

Fabregas back to Spain and it ain't looking all that rosie for the Goonoids and the fans are really on Wenger's case now. oops
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:11 pm

Today was classic Arsenal, so superior that they went to sleep and handed the impetus to the spuds.
When we get in that position we should change our tactics, play Walcott through the middle with A.N Other, leave them up all the time and play long ball. If the oppo wants to come at us then , they are odds on to concede further goals.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:13 pm

Arsenal haven't had the mentality to sustain any real challenge on trophies since 2004. Wenger has failed to address that for 6 years - surely he doesn't have long left?

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:16 pm

villainies wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Wouldnt go that far yet.. with Arsenal hving no big debt and a stadium which is nearly paid off for.. in the coming years they will have big bucks to spend while the rest of football could struggle with finances..

Over £200million in debt and the property that boosted this years figures is nearly sold. I don't reckon the next manager will be given a massive transfer pot and probably won't have Wenger's knack of finding cheap players.

Fabregas back to Spain and it ain't looking all that rosie for the Goonoids and the fans are really on Wenger's case now. oops

I started to answer your comments, Villainies but you've written such old bollocks, you just don't merit an answer. Tosspot Tosspot

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:38 pm

jak wrote:
villainies wrote:

I started to answer your comments, Villainies but you've written such old bollocks, you just don't merit an answer. Tosspot Tosspot

ya know its true.. Tease
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:38 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Arsenal haven't had the mentality to sustain any real challenge on trophies since 2004. Wenger has failed to address that for 6 years - surely he doesn't have long left?

Wenger has been rebuilding a side that lost a number of truly world class players in a very short period.
In that time he has not failed to qualify for the CL, the main goal of many teams in the PL. So we've been there or thereabouts during the period of which you speak.
You might look at the mentality of many other teams, including your own who've challenged for **** all since the old king died. Incidentally we did win the FA Cup in 2005 !!!!!
I've been around many more years than you, Jesus and in football the pendulum swings.
Wenger is not that far away from getting his team right.
If, a big IF of course, we'd have performed as expected at home things would look a lot different.
I'd just like to see Arsene act in a more dignified way sometimes, I DO NOT want to see him leave our club.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next