JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking forward to playing host to our neighbours.

3 posters

Go down

Looking forward to playing host to our neighbours. Empty Looking forward to playing host to our neighbours.

Post  jpr60 Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:49 pm

It's been a few years since I really looked forward to a match against Tottingham - I suppose there's always that "We're so much better than them but the Norf London Derby is always difficult so what happens if we don't win?" feeling. However, this time around they're almost up at our level, they've been talkin' the talk ('Arry staying on as manager to lead the club to a new level/new stadium etc plus Keane and Crouch making 'We're as good/better than you" noises) so we must really have a game on our hands,eh?!
Can't wait TBH - may the day (feckin 12.15 kick-off an'all) be grand and the sport be grander - come on Arsenal, we've some football to play on the lush green of Ashburton Grove! (Oh and yes, visiting Spuds, this is how a real super-stadium should be - take note!)

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Looking forward to playing host to our neighbours. Empty Re: Looking forward to playing host to our neighbours.

Post  jpr60 Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:52 pm

OK, I got it wrong, it was a 12.45 kick-off!
That was about the only thing I got wrong - a cosy 3-0 and we didn't even play that well but we were better at football than our neighbours. Bentley (the slag) was lucky to find a ref who didn't mind the odd deliberate handball (yellow card ref) or the nasty whack at Vermaelen (yellow/red card ref) but I suppose the punishment of having to play (I use the term loosely) for 90 minutes in a team that can't in front of supporters who strongly dislike you was suitable punishment. He had one good shot/free-kick but did eff-all else (sorry, I forgot his attempt to repeat last season's jammy goal from distance, this one missed by distance). The rest. Well, Robbie 'We're as good as/better than them' Keane had one chance - he missed but he left the pitch pretty sharp (to a suitable ovation) to show us all that 'Our bench is a bit stronger than there's' (it isn't). Lanky Crouch never ceases to amaze me - whenever I see him live I feel sorry for him (well, not so much yesterday, he was playing for them). I have the impression he's going to collapse at any moment - when he tried the bicycle-kick-thing I thought the match would be stopped whilst they picked up the pieces. King - he's really gone down the toilet that one - there was a time when he was a powerful defender, now he can't even make a tackle and is slower than EBJT!
RvP's brace were true strikers goals (put me in mind of Joe Baker - there's a compliment) and Captain Cesc, well running half the pitch, beating three (albeit half-hearted) challenges and slamming it past the keeper, what can I say? As he scored I had that ManU v Arsenal recall, where Diaby headed home their winning goal after Rooney had 'managed' his spot kick - there was an element of disbelief, shock even - only this time it was extremely positive, rather than suicidal -I could almost feel for the Spuds (well, not really - there was too much glee about to feel genuine sorrow).
Good result against a very ordinary team - I very much doubt that Tottingham will remain where they are for much longer (whatever 'Arry says) and perhaps their captain will 'put a sock in it' before we visit White Hart Lane!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Looking forward to playing host to our neighbours. Empty Re: Looking forward to playing host to our neighbours.

Post  FrenchSpur Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:30 pm

well we seemed to doing ok until you scored.... then you apparently had to duck for the shrapnel as we came apart.....

the only way we will get top 4 is if the scousers continue their path to self destruct.. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:05 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:well we seemed to doing ok until you scored.... then you apparently had to duck for the shrapnel as we came apart.....

the only way we will get top 4 is if the scousers continue their path to self destruct.. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Unless 'Arry's got summink up'is sleeve (and, let's face it, he probably has) I see your lot behind Villa and ManCity in the pecking order TBH - I know there's players missing (but we were missing a couple too and we had Diaby playing, well, sort of) but I didn't see much cohesion yesterday. It was OK when you were in possession but the will/fight/capability to win the ball almost anywhere on the pitch was missing e.g. Pavlyuchenko when he came on.
No, I reckon it's back down again (I don't mean relegation-down, I mean mid-table-down), 'Arry being fitted for another suit and you looking for someone to get you out of the mire,again.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:09 pm

dont think things are quite that bad. But we shall see as the season progresses
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:06 pm

Well I think jpr has summed up the situation perfectly.
For me the day was made by a perfect picture. 'Arry's face. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down