JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal! Dive! Never!!

+5
jak
villanfromluton
jannerblue
villainies
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arsenal! Dive! Never!! Empty Arsenal! Dive! Never!!

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:50 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Arsenal! Dive! Never!! Empty Re: Arsenal! Dive! Never!!

Post  Guest Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:55 pm

Tosser for doing it, but takes some balls to come out and admit it. Hope he gets a 3 match ban.

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:58 pm

Same old cockneys......always cheating. It's ashame a young lad like walcott is already an habitual cheat at such an early stage of his career and thinks it's fine to boast about his exploits after the fact. What a thoroughly shabby state of affairs, this reflects very badly on the club IMHO.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jannerblue Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:30 am

It does take balls to admit it, but he wouldn't to admit it if he hadn't tried fecking cheating!! THAT is why people kick Arsenal players, they cheat.. Have done for a long time and will sadly carry on doing so.

jannerblue
jannerblue

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:06 am

To be fair, every club has people who do the same thing, have to say I have never thought of Walcott being a cheat and actually looked to me like he had been caught. Ashley Young (WTF is he doing with that thing round his neck, tosser) at Villa goes down too easily on occasions villanies, so dont make out we are whiter than white.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:37 am

villainies wrote:Same old cockneys......always cheating. It's ashame a young lad like walcott is already an habitual cheat at such an early stage of his career and thinks it's fine to boast about his exploits after the fact. What a thoroughly shabby state of affairs, this reflects very badly on the club IMHO.

How naive.
1) A cockney does not come from North London.
2) Your club has Ashley Young footballs answer to Dame Margot Fonteyn. He's done the dying swan to death.
3) Philandering must have haddled your brain.

For me cheating is unacceptable but you must recognise that it is widespread in football. So it's important not to throw stones in glass houses.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:29 am

jak wrote:
villainies wrote:Same old cockneys......always cheating. It's ashame a young lad like walcott is already an habitual cheat at such an early stage of his career and thinks it's fine to boast about his exploits after the fact. What a thoroughly shabby state of affairs, this reflects very badly on the club IMHO.

How naive.
1) A cockney does not come from North London.
2) Your club has Ashley Young footballs answer to Dame Margot Fonteyn. He's done the dying swan to death.
3) Philandering must have haddled your brain.

For me cheating is unacceptable but you must recognise that it is widespread in football. So it's important not to throw stones in glass houses.

Thats it Jak you tell mr prim and Proper lol

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:32 am

The cockneys all sound the same to me JAK. Ashley Youngs diving makes him a tool of the highest order but he doesn't boast about it. If Arsenal don't take serious action in this case it will highlight their position on cheating. Fine and ban should do it.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:06 am

villainies wrote:The cockneys all sound the same to me JAK. Ashley Youngs diving makes him a tool of the highest order but he doesn't boast about it. If Arsenal don't take serious action in this case it will highlight their position on cheating. Fine and ban should do it.

All treehuggers sound the same to me, Villainies.
Walcott did not get a penalty for his 'dive'.
He'll get the same fine and ban that your ballerina has had.
IF he did say what he said, I would have thought that a 'tolerant' person, like yourself, would see it as more of a confession than a boast.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:11 pm

I'd ask for a bit of reality here, from Theo as well as his critics.
His dive didn't look like a dive at all. I thought he'd been tripped, there was certainly contact and obviously Theo went down in the hope of getting a pen. The ref thought it was a foul too but, wrongly responded to a flag waved by his linesman for an offside immediately following the "pen" incident, therefore the pen should have been given.
Why does Theo have to "come clean" about something that nobody was complaining about? As I said it looked a pen and if Theo went down easily it was what lots of players do in any case under the same circumstances. I think Theo should "get real" and realise that there are many players out there who are not squeaky clean by any means. How many times has he been stopped by a professional foul? Imagine, after every match a queue of pro footballers lining up to publically take confession for their sins - it would take a week!
And as for the "cockney" and other slag-offs on this thread - get an effin life you cnuts! You want cheats? Where shall I start? I've seen'em from Scotland, Ireland, from Newcastle through Leeds to Liverpool, Manchester, down through the midlands to London. It's not where you were born or who you play for (although, I agree some managers are obviously cheating barstewards), it's what you are!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:27 pm

jpr60 wrote:I'd ask for a bit of reality here, from Theo as well as his critics.
His dive didn't look like a dive at all. I thought he'd been tripped, there was certainly contact and obviously Theo went down in the hope of getting a pen. The ref thought it was a foul too but, wrongly responded to a flag waved by his linesman for an offside immediately following the "pen" incident, therefore the pen should have been given.
Why does Theo have to "come clean" about something that nobody was complaining about? As I said it looked a pen and if Theo went down easily it was what lots of players do in any case under the same circumstances. I think Theo should "get real" and realise that there are many players out there who are not squeaky clean by any means. How many times has he been stopped by a professional foul? Imagine, after every match a queue of pro footballers lining up to publically take confession for their sins - it would take a week!
And as for the "cockney" and other slag-offs on this thread - get an effin life you cnuts! You want cheats? Where shall I start? I've seen'em from Scotland, Ireland, from Newcastle through Leeds to Liverpool, Manchester, down through the midlands to London. It's not where you were born or who you play for (although, I agree some managers are obviously cheating barstewards), it's what you are!

Hark at her!

jpr, you can't seriously condone a player openly admiting to cheating? The club and the premiership have to take action or both look foolish.

villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:57 pm

villainies wrote:
jpr60 wrote:I'd ask for a bit of reality here, from Theo as well as his critics.

Hark at her!

jpr, you can't seriously condone a player openly admiting to cheating? The club and the premiership have to take action or both look foolish.

What a load of old tosh. The only thing I'd say to Theo is "get real". He's done nothing that anybody (but you, apparently) is complaining about, he's just been a touch too honest in his level of self-criticizm. I wish he'd shut his face cos, as I say, there's a danger that everyone who's ever tried to gain an advantage on a field of sport (and that's just about everyone that I can think of) will want to come out and cleanse their souls! We could be at this for the next ten years!
Oh yes and if you're saying the FA should look at the action to see Theo's "dive" and punish him I think you'll find, as I said before, that it looks like a foul. The ref saw it, was going to give it but changed his mind (fortunately, otherwise the whole world would be up in arms) so there's nothing to do. Accept, of course, get a life!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:18 pm

jpr60 wrote:
villainies wrote:

Hark at her!

What a load of old tosh. The only thing I'd say to Theo is "get real". He's done nothing that anybody (but you, apparently) is complaining about, he's just been a touch too honest in his level of self-criticizm. I wish he'd shut his face cos, as I say, there's a danger that everyone who's ever tried to gain an advantage on a field of sport (and that's just about everyone that I can think of) will want to come out and cleanse their souls! We could be at this for the next ten years!
Oh yes and if you're saying the FA should look at the action to see Theo's "dive" and punish him I think you'll find, as I said before, that it looks like a foul. The ref saw it, was going to give it but changed his mind (fortunately, otherwise the whole world would be up in arms) so there's nothing to do. Accept, of course, get a life!

Its a matter of principle. What you think it looks like is totally irrelevant, he has stood there and said 'I dived' or in other words 'I cheated', how can the club/ FA not take action against someoene openly admiting to being a cheat. Not to mention what has happened to sportsmen being role models. Its all going down the shitter.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:07 pm

jpr, take off the Arsenal specs for a minute and realise what kind of position the FA in. A player has come out and openly admitted cheating, if they don't punish him harshly what kind of message does that give out?

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:10 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:jpr, take off the Arsenal specs for a minute and realise what kind of position the FA in. A player has come out and openly admitted cheating, if they don't punish him harshly what kind of message does that give out?

If the FA can see something wrong in the video footage they can do something - on the other hand, no they can't cos the referee saw it (and would/should have given a pen). Theo has apologised for actually doing nothing that affected the match, it's like saying "I swore at the ref, Ishouldn't have" - it's meaningless. The only thing it means anything to is Theo himself, apparently - I just wish he'd shut up! Talk about much ado about nothing!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:12 pm

jpr60 wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:jpr, take off the Arsenal specs for a minute and realise what kind of position the FA in. A player has come out and openly admitted cheating, if they don't punish him harshly what kind of message does that give out?

If the FA can see something wrong in the video footage they can do something - on the other hand, no they can't cos the referee saw it (and would/should have given a pen). Theo has apologised for actually doing nothing that affected the match, it's like saying "I swore at the ref, Ishouldn't have" - it's meaningless. The only thing it means anything to is Theo himself, apparently - I just wish he'd shut up! Talk about much ado about nothing!

We'll have to agree to disagree about this one jpr, its a sad day in sport when a player freeely admits to cheating and no action is taken IMO.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:20 pm

villainies wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

We'll have to agree to disagree about this one jpr, its a sad day in sport when a player freeely admits to cheating and no action is taken IMO.

I agree with Villainies. If the FA don't take action to someone admitting cheating they're basically condoning it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:24 pm

jpr60 wrote:

depends if it is in the ref's match report, if he doesn't mention it then retrospective punishment can be given, diving is a yellow card offence, so...

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:46 pm

villainies wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

But (unfortunately IMO) the player came out and said it, under no pressure, nobody was complaining, the match didn't hinge (fortunately) on what he did - what can he be punished for? For admitting (somewhat unnecessarily) that he went down easy, that he cheated? Well, what of all the players who cheat, every match and say nothing? Is that a worse offence? I dunno.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:49 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

depends if it is in the ref's match report, if he doesn't mention it then retrospective punishment can be given, diving is a yellow card offence, so...

The ref saw it, blew up then conferred with a linesman who had his flag up for an offside offence after the incident, so he mistakenly changed his mind. He saw what he thought (and I thought) was a foul in the area, on Walcott. He didn't think the player had dived (nor did I) - how can the FA do something about nothing?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:05 pm

Maybe because he actually admitted diving in an interview after the game... Whether the ref saw it as a foul or not he said he dived...

I am not sure what the FA should or would do

Huh Huh
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:17 pm

So Villainies, is it ok for a player to dive in an attempt to obtain a penalty so long as he does not admit to it. I agree with both Jak and JPR. Ashley Young has done it on occassions, as have players from every club. Young has been denied penalties on occassions IMHO due to a silly pathetic dive 50 yards from goal. I think Walcott was niave in admitting to diving, again I agree with JPR in that even after watching a reply, I felt there was some contact.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jannerblue Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:18 pm

villanfromluton wrote:So Villainies, is it ok for a player to dive in an attempt to obtain a penalty so long as he does not admit to it. I agree with both Jak and JPR. Ashley Young has done it on occassions, as have players from every club. Young has been denied penalties on occassions IMHO due to a silly pathetic dive 50 yards from goal. I think Walcott was niave in admitting to diving, again I agree with JPR in that even after watching a reply, I felt there was some contact.

Did I watch a different replay than everyone else? As far as I could see the only contact was made with himself, tripped himself up.

If you read the thread properly, Lutes. Villainies has stated that he thinks Young is a tool for doing it. So he's hardly saying it's okay..

The FA should (but won't) take action... Just because he's admitted that he tried to cheat doesn't make it alright.
jannerblue
jannerblue

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:27 pm

Janner

He does seem to imply that the worst crime is in admitting the fact he tried to cheat, he only mentioned about Ashley Young after Jak and myself mentioned it. Got to say did not study incident but looked like he got touched by defender, buit may well be wrong. Some of the antics of todays players sicken me, got to say I have never thought of Theo Walcott as one of those players
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jannerblue Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:41 pm

I think it's a disgrace, I hate divers.. Hate when Pienaar does it as much as any other player. He should be fined and banned, but will probably get away with it.

Certainly don't see that kind of behaviour on a sunday league pitch!
jannerblue
jannerblue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next