JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jack Wilshere

+7
Bedshammer
jpr60
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
Tilton
FrenchSpur
QBVILLA
villanfromluton
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Jack Wilshere Empty Jack Wilshere

Post  villanfromluton Mon May 09, 2011 7:56 am

Anyone see his tackle on Pennant yesterday, was very lucky not to cause serious damage. If it had been the other way round, would Mr Wenger be spouting his nonsense again. He should have been booked earlier in the game for another poor challenge.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Jack Wilshere Empty Re: Jack Wilshere

Post  QBVILLA Mon May 09, 2011 10:48 am

As is the way with young english midfielders there seems to be a lot of pundits simply saying that Wilshere can't tackle much in the same manner they've been excusing Scholes' shit tackling over the years.If there was any consistency then Wilshere would've seen red at least twice this season.If he can't tackle then he's going to have to learn how to.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Mon May 09, 2011 10:55 am

QBVILLA wrote:As is the way with young english midfielders there seems to be a lot of pundits simply saying that Wilshere can't tackle much in the same manner they've been excusing Scholes' shit tackling over the years.If there was any consistency then Wilshere would've seen red at least twice this season.If he can't tackle then he's going to have to learn how to.

Well said.. It seems that popular players always get away with it... I always thought Shearer was able to use his elbows more than most
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon May 09, 2011 11:08 am

FrenchSpur wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:As is the way with young english midfielders there seems to be a lot of pundits simply saying that Wilshere can't tackle much in the same manner they've been excusing Scholes' shit tackling over the years.If there was any consistency then Wilshere would've seen red at least twice this season.If he can't tackle then he's going to have to learn how to.

Well said.. It seems that popular players always get away with it... I always thought Shearer was able to use his elbows more than most

Shearer basically had the FA over a barrel when they charged him with kicking Neil Lennon in the biscuit and he was facing a lengthy ban.Think it was on the eve of the '98 World Cup and as rumour goes Shearer threatened not to go if he received a ban.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 09, 2011 11:42 am

QBVILLA wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

Shearer basically had the FA over a barrel when they charged him with kicking Neil Lennon in the biscuit and he was facing a lengthy ban.Think it was on the eve of the '98 World Cup and as rumour goes Shearer threatened not to go if he received a ban.

....and the fact Lennon is a tnuc....a ginger one at that

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon May 09, 2011 12:10 pm

Oi Eddie, what's the difference between a ginger fanny and a cricket ball?

if you try really hard you can eat a cricket ball

By the way, that is just a joke, not representative of my own thoughts just in case Nicole Kidman is reading bounce
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon May 09, 2011 12:12 pm

Granny beds aint going to be happy with you yam yam Mad
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon May 09, 2011 12:19 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Granny beds aint going to be happy with you yam yam Mad

She thinks (quite rightly) that i'm a nice bloke.So pipe down Porky
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon May 09, 2011 12:22 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Granny beds aint going to be happy with you yam yam Mad

She thinks (quite rightly) that i'm a nice bloke.So pipe down Porky

Nanna dont say that behind your back.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Mon May 09, 2011 1:45 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Anyone see his tackle on Pennant yesterday, was very lucky not to cause serious damage. If it had been the other way round, would Mr Wenger be spouting his nonsense again. He should have been booked earlier in the game for another poor challenge.

He's a horrible little player. Talented, yes. There's no doubt about that. But he's a gobby little shite who's going to get smacked down a few pegs before long.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon May 09, 2011 1:48 pm

Tilton wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Anyone see his tackle on Pennant yesterday, was very lucky not to cause serious damage. If it had been the other way round, would Mr Wenger be spouting his nonsense again. He should have been booked earlier in the game for another poor challenge.

He's a horrible little player. Talented, yes. There's no doubt about that. But he's a gobby little shite who's going to get smacked down a few pegs before long.

And what about Wilshire

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Mon May 09, 2011 2:25 pm

Him too.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon May 09, 2011 5:16 pm

Tilton wrote:

"...nonsense..?", ...."gobby little shite?"...... how apt the turn of phrase and how appropriate to the content.
For what it's worth I liken Young Jack to the early Tabloid Wayne - on the field of play he puts everything in and cares about what is going on around him. I just hope he manages to curb his off-field similarities as he matures.
I'd say he's got the potential to be a truly great player - he may be a titch-on-the-pitch but he can look after himself. Isn't that what we'd like from our favourite players?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Mon May 09, 2011 5:19 pm

Jack Wilshere has some unpleasant personality traits that he needs to address. JPR is right, there are some similarities between him and Rooney, although he wasn't brought up to be that way.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon May 09, 2011 7:00 pm

jpr60 wrote:
Tilton wrote:

"...nonsense..?", ...."gobby little shite?"...... how apt the turn of phrase and how appropriate to the content.
For what it's worth I liken Young Jack to the early Tabloid Wayne - on the field of play he puts everything in and cares about what is going on around him. I just hope he manages to curb his off-field similarities as he matures.
I'd say he's got the potential to be a truly great player - he may be a titch-on-the-pitch but he can look after himself. Isn't that what we'd like from our favourite players?

I'm starting to believe that you are actually Arsene Wenger Very Happy
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon May 09, 2011 7:07 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
Tilton wrote:

I'm starting to believe that you are actually Arsene Wenger Very Happy

I don't know what I've done to deserve such a compliment, but I thank you most heartily kind sir!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon May 09, 2011 7:28 pm

So what do you make of his tackle on Pennany yesterday then JPR, not forgetting the earlier tackle on Whitehead by the way.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon May 09, 2011 7:31 pm

villanfromluton wrote:So what do you make of his tackle on Pennany yesterday then JPR, not forgetting the earlier tackle on Whitehead by the way.

He didn't see it
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon May 09, 2011 7:36 pm

villanfromluton wrote:So what do you make of his tackle on Pennany yesterday then JPR, not forgetting the earlier tackle on Whitehead by the way.

You may find this hard to believe but........"Ah deed not see eet".
I decided to pretend the season is over (our's is anyway), ManU champs, Chelsea runners-up, The Arsenal third - who gives one now, eh? Obviously we don't. So if Young Jack's been putting himself about a bit I couldn't give a monkey's TBH. No doubt whoever he whacked had it coming (or are you going to tell me Pennant and Whitehead are angels?) - nah, I'm finished. It's all about who's going down, for what it's worth and what's gonna happen between now and August when the whole effin circus starts again, by which time I'll have (hopefully) lost my "couldn't-give-a-shit" feelings!
No more matches for me this season, so I truly didn't see it AND I DON'T GIVE A STUFF!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon May 09, 2011 7:39 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
Tilton wrote:

And what about Wilshire

WTF you on about.. The statement contained the word talent.. Porky doesn't have any Wink
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon May 09, 2011 7:42 pm

jpr60 wrote:

I decided to pretend the season is over (our's is anyway), ManU champs, Chelsea runners-up, The Arsenal third - who gives one now, eh? Obviously we don't. So if Young Jack's been putting himself about a bit I couldn't give a monkey's TBH. No doubt whoever he whacked had it coming (or are you going to tell me Pennant and Whitehead are angels?) - nah, I'm finished. It's all about who's going down, for what it's worth and what's gonna happen between now and August when the whole effin circus starts again, by which time I'll have (hopefully) lost my "couldn't-give-a-shit" feelings!
No more matches for me this season, so I truly didn't see it AND I DON'T GIVE A STUFF!

So in other words, it is okay for him to do whatever he wants, and as for them getting what they deserved, at the time of the Pennant incident in the second half, Stoke had committed one foul all game. Maybe the next time you are on whingeing about Le Arse being bullied, you should think about yesterdays game.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon May 09, 2011 7:56 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

So in other words, it is okay for him to do whatever he wants, and as for them getting what they deserved, at the time of the Pennant incident in the second half, Stoke had committed one foul all game. Maybe the next time you are on whingeing about Le Arse being bullied, you should think about yesterdays game.

From what I gather the Stoke players were busy ensuring there were no red cards, no tasty tackles which might have resulted in injuries and were generally swanning about because The Arsenal team weren't exactly putting them under too much pressure. Stoke only committing one foul all game? Now doesn't that strike you as being a little unusual?
I don't "whinge" about Arsenal being bullied, I complain about Arsenal players having badly damaged legs due to "clumsy" challenges which threaten their careers. The blokes who do the damage "aren't that sort of player" of course, it's the Arsenal players (Diaby, Eduardo, Ramsey) who ask to have their respective legs broken. My complaint would be about the "nice bloke" who does the damage getting to miss a couple of games (if the ref "harshly" red-cards him) whilst our players nurse career-threatening injuries for a season or more. There - is that a "whinge" or a genuine complaint?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon May 09, 2011 7:59 pm

jpr60 wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

From what I gather the Stoke players were busy ensuring there were no red cards, no tasty tackles which might have resulted in injuries and were generally swanning about because The Arsenal team weren't exactly putting them under too much pressure. Stoke only committing one foul all game? Now doesn't that strike you as being a little unusual?
I don't "whinge" about Arsenal being bullied, I complain about Arsenal players having badly damaged legs due to "clumsy" challenges which threaten their careers. The blokes who do the damage "aren't that sort of player" of course, it's the Arsenal players (Diaby, Eduardo, Ramsey) who ask to have their respective legs broken. My complaint would be about the "nice bloke" who does the damage getting to miss a couple of games (if the ref "harshly" red-cards him) whilst our players nurse career-threatening injuries for a season or more. There - is that a "whinge" or a genuine complaint?

Well it's a tad one eyed.Wilshere has put in some terrible over the top of the ball tackles this season and the only difference between him and Shawcross was the luck of the player on the receiving end.It doesn't have to result in a broken leg for it to be a horrific/reckless challenge.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon May 09, 2011 7:59 pm

So Wilsheres challenge, which could have easily caused damage, was ok. JPR, that is more than one eyed. As for Stoke, they outplayed a very poor Arsenal team who appeared to be going through the motions with the exception of Van Persie and Wilshere
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon May 09, 2011 8:08 pm

villanfromluton wrote:So Wilsheres challenge, which could have easily caused damage, was ok. JPR, that is more than one eyed. As for Stoke, they outplayed a very poor Arsenal team who appeared to be going through the motions with the exception of Van Persie and Wilshere

As I say, I truly didn't see anything of the match - one-eyed or not. Thing is there are always challenges going on, some legal, some illegal, some reckless, some downright nasty and/or out of control. Fact is our players seem to have come out worse over recent times and I'd put at least two of the challenges down to being nasty, one overly clumsy. But I've been watching hard men put themselves about for years - Peter Storey didn't used to hold himself back but I don't think he ever broke anyone's leg. Maybe he (or they, his opponents) got lucky - maybe Wilshere was lucky, I dunno, but the facts still speak for themselves. We've lost two promising players (Diaby - he's never recovered properly) and Eduardo - I hope Ramsey will recover.
Meanwhile the Arsenal performace - who gives a toss? They obviously don't so, as I say, I'll wait until the dust settles and see whether we've got any chance at all of taking the final hurdle to success next season (and I don't mean the league Cup)!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next