JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jack Wilshere

+7
Bedshammer
jpr60
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
Tilton
FrenchSpur
QBVILLA
villanfromluton
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Jack Wilshere - Page 2 Empty Re: Jack Wilshere

Post  QBVILLA Mon May 09, 2011 8:11 pm

cyclops
Class JPR, pure class sir
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon May 09, 2011 8:15 pm

It wasnt Wilshere who was lucky, it was Pennant who was lucky. I think the lad is a real talent, but he has made some very poor challenges this season. Maybe the next time a poor challenge is made on an Arsenal player (I remember you going on about Carew on Hleb a while back which was nowhere near as bad as Wilshere's yesterday) you may realise that all teams have players who make poor challenges
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon May 09, 2011 8:23 pm

villanfromluton wrote:It wasnt Wilshere who was lucky, it was Pennant who was lucky. I think the lad is a real talent, but he has made some very poor challenges this season. Maybe the next time a poor challenge is made on an Arsenal player (I remember you going on about Carew on Hleb a while back which was nowhere near as bad as Wilshere's yesterday) you may realise that all teams have players who make poor challenges

As I said, there are all sorts of challenges going in, every match.
Yes, Carew did Hleb - he missed a game or two following that "strikers-tackle" I think somebody called it (i.e. it's OK, he's only a striker, he didn't mean any harm), Scholes has been getting away with it for years! So perhaps we've got someone who likes to get his foot in - well, that'll make a change (in my more neanderthallic moments I've prayed that we find a new Peter Storey to wreak havoc on the "bully-boys" who've pushed our players around since the likes of Vieira, Petit and Keown moved on - but I recognize that it's not the way to go).
Anyway, enough already - I don't give a toss before season 2011-2012!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon May 09, 2011 8:25 pm

jpr60 wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:It wasnt Wilshere who was lucky, it was Pennant who was lucky. I think the lad is a real talent, but he has made some very poor challenges this season. Maybe the next time a poor challenge is made on an Arsenal player (I remember you going on about Carew on Hleb a while back which was nowhere near as bad as Wilshere's yesterday) you may realise that all teams have players who make poor challenges

Yes, Carew did Hleb - he missed a game or two following that "strikers-tackle" I think somebody called it (i.e. it's OK, he's only a striker, he didn't mean any harm), Scholes has been getting away with it for years! So perhaps we've got someone who likes to get his foot in - well, that'll make a change (in my more neanderthallic moments I've prayed that we find a new Peter Storey to wreak havoc on the "bully-boys" who've pushed our players around since the likes of Vieira, Petit and Keown moved on - but I recognize that it's not the way to go).

Fickle fceker cheers
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon May 09, 2011 8:28 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Fickle fceker cheers

Sorry? It is the five-minute argument you want isn't it?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon May 09, 2011 8:40 pm

Far be it for me to offer advise, but maybe you need to realise that Arsenal are not whiter than white and do actually commit poor fouls as well Wink
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue May 10, 2011 9:53 am

He'll never admit to that.

In his opinion Arsenal players can do no wrong. They're always the victims.

It's laughable clown

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue May 10, 2011 1:11 pm

Tilton wrote:He'll never admit to that.

In his opinion Arsenal players can do no wrong. They're always the victims.

It's laughable clown

Diaby, Eduardo, Ramsey - three victims of foul play. Two have had their respective careers effectively destroyed, we still retain hope for one. All were playing at a good level for The Arsenal when they were hacked down by lesser, in some cases, unknown players from Sunderland, Birmingham and Stoke again, respectively.
Yes, "victims" is the appropriate word and until something is done about bad foul play (e.g USA where they have recently introduced additional sanctions against players who commit bad fouls in addition to the standard one-to-three-match bans for being red-carded) this victimisation will, no doubt continue.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue May 10, 2011 1:25 pm

It's not victimisation though.

There have been plenty of non-Arsenal players that have sustained injuries too.

Pennant could have been another one because of the reckless behaviour of an Arsenal player.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue May 10, 2011 1:35 pm

jpr60, did you think it was a dangerous tackle by Wilshere?

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue May 10, 2011 1:40 pm

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue May 10, 2011 1:58 pm

The one on pennant is sheer luck it didn't cause serious injury.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue May 10, 2011 5:24 pm

Tilton wrote:It's not victimisation though.

Pennant could have been another one because of the reckless behaviour of an Arsenal player.

Three Arsenal players have been taken out by thuggish tackles in recent times, three Arsenal players with broken and dislocated limbs. Perhaps there have been three players from another club too, I dunno. Perhaps there've been some "nearly" tackles and "almost" tackles made by Arsenal players - there've certainly been some "nearlies" performed on Arsenal players (think ManU's treatment of Reyes at Old Trafford a couple of years back - there were a few "nearlies" going in there - as there have been on others, such as Hleb in the recent past) but I'm not talking about what might have been, I'm talking facts. Three Arsenal players virtually destroyed by foul play.
It's not too difficult to understand why a Gooner might be a tad pissed off when thicko players commit horrible fouls and leave our players in the treatment room for months, years even at the cost to themselves of a missed match or two with various pundits saying how sad it is for the culprit to be punished. It's at times like that I'd like us to have a Johnny-Big-Bollox running around carving designs on opponents legs but, as I've said before it's not the way forward, is it? Not if you care about football. The only way you might appreciate that kind of play is if you're a fan of a club that's got no idea, is going nowhere.
Here's a little secret - it's a bit naughty I know but in terms of pure revenge, pure satisfaction, how about my old mate Patrick Vieira putting the mark on Ryan Shawcross at Wembley in the Fa Cup Final, eh? It's grim I know, it's horrible and extremely unsportsmanlike but for the sake of the punishment Shawcross has been dishing out on a regular basis and despite the fact that of course "he's not that kind of player" I'd settle for him being taken out hip-high - come on Paddy, do it for your old mate - you know it makes sense. We can then all feel sorry for poor-old Vieira who's "not that sort of a player" except he will be won't he, he's not effin English!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue May 10, 2011 5:26 pm

Dean Ashton
Kieron Dyer
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue May 10, 2011 5:51 pm

Bedshammer wrote:Dean Ashton
Kieron Dyer

That's two too many as well. Shawn Wright-Philips did Ashton, wasn't it Barnsley in the cup when Dyer got carried off?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue May 10, 2011 5:53 pm

jpr60 wrote:
Kieron Dyer

That's two too many as well. Shawn Wright-Philips did Ashton, wasn't it Barnsley in the cup when Dyer got carried off?

Reading, I think.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue May 10, 2011 5:54 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
Kieron Dyer

Reading, I think.

Bristol Rovers
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue May 10, 2011 5:59 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
Kieron Dyer

Reading, I think.

Bristol Rovers

That's it - cheers, QB.

My favourite West Ham broken limb was Stuart Pearce. He said he thought he'd heard a snapping noise, and copped the hump when 'Arry subbed him at half time.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue May 10, 2011 6:13 pm

Some tackles are downright reckless others are mistimed and unfortunate.It doesn't have to be a nasty one to result in injury and vice versa.Good points by JPR as usual, but as usual and what irks football fans about Wenger and Arsenal fans there is a failure to acknowledge when an Arsenal player has done wrong.I've seen some shocking tackles from Arsenal this season by Wilshere in particular that have been brushed away by Wenger and Arsenal fans.The fact that the opposition player hasn't ended up with a broken leg is purely down to luck.Yes Arsenal have suffered from bad challenges, but that doesn't make it right for Arsenal players to dish it out.
The complaining by Wenger would be listened to rather than dismissed as whinging if he condemmed all bad tackles, including those committed by Arsenal players.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Wed May 11, 2011 12:16 pm

jpr60 wrote:

Three Arsenal players have been taken out by thuggish tackles in recent times, three Arsenal players with broken and dislocated limbs. Perhaps there have been three players from another club too, I dunno. Perhaps there've been some "nearly" tackles and "almost" tackles made by Arsenal players - there've certainly been some "nearlies" performed on Arsenal players (think ManU's treatment of Reyes at Old Trafford a couple of years back - there were a few "nearlies" going in there - as there have been on others, such as Hleb in the recent past) but I'm not talking about what might have been, I'm talking facts. Three Arsenal players virtually destroyed by foul play.
It's not too difficult to understand why a Gooner might be a tad pissed off when thicko players commit horrible fouls and leave our players in the treatment room for months, years even at the cost to themselves of a missed match or two with various pundits saying how sad it is for the culprit to be punished. It's at times like that I'd like us to have a Johnny-Big-Bollox running around carving designs on opponents legs but, as I've said before it's not the way forward, is it? Not if you care about football. The only way you might appreciate that kind of play is if you're a fan of a club that's got no idea, is going nowhere.
Here's a little secret - it's a bit naughty I know but in terms of pure revenge, pure satisfaction, how about my old mate Patrick Vieira putting the mark on Ryan Shawcross at Wembley in the Fa Cup Final, eh? It's grim I know, it's horrible and extremely unsportsmanlike but for the sake of the punishment Shawcross has been dishing out on a regular basis and despite the fact that of course "he's not that kind of player" I'd settle for him being taken out hip-high - come on Paddy, do it for your old mate - you know it makes sense. We can then all feel sorry for poor-old Vieira who's "not that sort of a player" except he will be won't he, he's not effin English!

So on one hand you're complaining about Arsenal players getting injured, and on the other you're wishing malicious injuries on opposistion players?

Double standards seems to be 'The Arsenal Way'.......

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu May 12, 2011 8:24 pm

Tilton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

So on one hand you're complaining about Arsenal players getting injured, and on the other you're wishing malicious injuries on opposistion players?

I wonder if you are as thick as you appear to be Tilton - surely not, you must be putting it on in some sort of ironic fashion.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu May 12, 2011 8:40 pm

Incidentally, I found out yesterday that Jack's sister has just been in court for glassing another girl. His ex is up the duff and consequently minted for life. His father is acting as his manager and I think he needs to tell him a few home truths. He's apparently very fond of giving it Larry Large in his home town and I wouldn't mind betting that the next time he's involved in some brawl he'll get a bit of a spanking.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri May 13, 2011 10:25 am

Bedshammer wrote:Incidentally, I found out yesterday that Jack's sister has just been in court for glassing another girl. His ex is up the duff and consequently minted for life. His father is acting as his manager and I think he needs to tell him a few home truths. He's apparently very fond of giving it Larry Large in his home town and I wouldn't mind betting that the next time he's involved in some brawl he'll get a bit of a spanking.

I hope so. It might give the horrible little shit a reality check.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri May 13, 2011 10:28 am

jpr60 wrote:
Tilton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

I wonder if you are as thick as you appear to be Tilton - surely not, you must be putting it on in some sort of ironic fashion.

Insults now, eh jpr?

The truth hurts, eh?, eh?, eh?

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri May 13, 2011 4:33 pm

Tilton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
Tilton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Insults now, eh jpr?

The truth hurts, eh?, eh?, eh?

A statement of fact - i.e. I am wondering whether it is possible that you are as thick as you would, apparently have us believe - is in no way an insult. Should the truth hurt, as you say, then so be it but I was not intending to be insulting, simply putting my thoughts into words.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next