JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this rennes bloke any good?

2 posters

Go down

this rennes bloke any good? Empty this rennes bloke any good?

Post  mikey Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:42 pm

mvla or something like that?

thought ye needed a striker instead of a cm

mikey

Back to top Go down

this rennes bloke any good? Empty Re: this rennes bloke any good?

Post  jpr60 Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:29 pm

Yann M'Vila is the Rennes player we're (supposed to be) looking at. I've heard a few other names too. If the M'Vila story is true I've no idea how good he is - 21 years old, plays for France in a holding midfield role (so one we need boosting) - I prefer to wait and see who actually signs on. We were first in for Mata a while back but then Wenger said he was no longer a target - now Chelsea step in. Who knows what goes on in these negotiations but I'm guessing big bucks play a massive part. Ideally you'd want a player who wants to play for you (not just the money) and in some respects having Wenger as manager due to his excellent reputation with players plays a part - but with the silly money on offer from the likes of ManC and Chelsea it's a big challenge to attract top players (and, of course their agents).

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  mikey Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:31 pm

jpr60 wrote:Yann M'Vila is the Rennes player we're (supposed to be) looking at. I've heard a few other names too. If the M'Vila story is true I've no idea how good he is - 21 years old, plays for France in a holding midfield role (so one we need boosting) - I prefer to wait and see who actually signs on. We were first in for Mata a while back but then Wenger said he was no longer a target - now Chelsea step in. Who knows what goes on in these negotiations but I'm guessing big bucks play a massive part. Ideally you'd want a player who wants to play for you (not just the money) and in some respects having Wenger as manager due to his excellent reputation with players plays a part - but with the silly money on offer from the likes of ManC and Chelsea it's a big challenge to attract top players (and, of course their agents).
I can see Wengers high principles in football costing him his job.

Shame really.

Big ten days for AArsenal and Fulham in the transfer window

mikey

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:16 pm

mikey wrote:
jpr60 wrote:Yann M'Vila is the Rennes player we're (supposed to be) looking at. I've heard a few other names too. If the M'Vila story is true I've no idea how good he is - 21 years old, plays for France in a holding midfield role (so one we need boosting) - I prefer to wait and see who actually signs on. We were first in for Mata a while back but then Wenger said he was no longer a target - now Chelsea step in. Who knows what goes on in these negotiations but I'm guessing big bucks play a massive part. Ideally you'd want a player who wants to play for you (not just the money) and in some respects having Wenger as manager due to his excellent reputation with players plays a part - but with the silly money on offer from the likes of ManC and Chelsea it's a big challenge to attract top players (and, of course their agents).
I can see Wengers high principles in football costing him his job.

Shame really.

Big ten days for AArsenal and Fulham in the transfer window

Arsene Wenger admits that this summer's goings-on have left him drained - he's lost two of his best players and must now try to get the squad in shape - it's a big ask. I'm hearing, meanwhile that the M'Vila story is a no-go.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down