JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur

+6
Bedshammer
villanfromluton
QBVILLA
jak
FrenchSpur
jpr60
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur - Page 3 Empty Re: Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur

Post  jpr60 Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:02 pm

villainies wrote:Really looking forward to this one. Spurs are the best team in the Prem to watch by a mile and have been for a few seasons. I like Arry, and I like what he's done at Spurs (he's done exactly what MON couldn't do) and I hope they can put together a challenge for the title. Would be very happy to see them crush Arsenal and confirm their status as the top London team. Clap

So villainies me old mucker, changed yer tune, eh?
Best team in the Prem to watch? 'Arry's done wonders at Spurs? Happy to see them crush Arsenal? Top London team?
Only one question villainies - are you a total plank?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:15 pm

jpr60 wrote:
villainies wrote:Really looking forward to this one. Spurs are the best team in the Prem to watch by a mile and have been for a few seasons. I like Arry, and I like what he's done at Spurs (he's done exactly what MON couldn't do) and I hope they can put together a challenge for the title. Would be very happy to see them crush Arsenal and confirm their status as the top London team. Clap

Best team in the Prem to watch? 'Arry's done wonders at Spurs? Happy to see them crush Arsenal? Top London team?

It's their eratic nature that makes them so exciting. They will probably turn over Man U at the weekend and get the title challenge back on track in style whereas I can't say the same for Arsenal, bore draw or narrow defeat at Liverpool and 10 points behind the neighbours again. It's been quite sad to see the former mighty Arsenal treating this victory like a Champions League final victory - I can tell you from experience that's far more exciting. toodle pip.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:35 pm

villainies wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

It's their eratic nature that makes them so exciting. They will probably turn over Man U at the weekend and get the title challenge back on track in style whereas I can't say the same for Arsenal, bore draw or narrow defeat at Liverpool and 10 points behind the neighbours again. It's been quite sad to see the former mighty Arsenal treating this victory like a Champions League final victory - I can tell you from experience that's far more exciting. toodle pip.

Villainies, you can't tell us what a Champions League final victory feels like, Villa never won a competition in the format of the CL.
You've trod in shit, clear the crap off your shoe, don't pretend it's not there. Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:04 pm

jak wrote:
villainies wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Villainies, you can't tell us what a Champions League final victory feels like, Villa never won a competition in the format of the CL.
You've trod in shit, clear the crap off your shoe, don't pretend it's not there. Very Happy

Don't be a silly boy JAK, we've won it.

Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur - Page 3 13955
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:21 pm

When only the champions were in it. Not 4th placed also rans
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:35 pm

Say what you like, you have NOT won the Champions LEAGUE.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:58 pm

Anyway, we all know the league that you play in week-in week-out is the most important measure of how good a team is. Oh, by the way, we've won The Double on a couple of occasions although that, like Villa winning the European Cup (another knock-out competition) is history now.
More recently, we trounced New Tottenham, Wonderful 'Arry Redknap's magnificant side of entertainers 5-2, after them being given a 2-goal advantage. Now that is good news!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:02 pm

jpr60 wrote:Anyway, we all know the league that you play in week-in week-out is the most important measure of how good a team is. Oh, by the way, we've won The Double on a couple of occasions although that, like Villa winning the European Cup (another knock-out competition) is history now.
More recently, we trounced New Tottenham, Wonderful 'Arry Redknap's magnificant side of entertainers 5-2, after them being given a 2-goal advantage. Now that is good news!

It's REAL sweet. cheers cheers cheers

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:15 pm

I'm hearing Spuds blaming 'Arry's team selection, plus the two full-backs for failing in their respective duties e.g. Ossu-Bucco (you know the one, with the ridiculous Barnet) being dragged inside to follow Walcott which left the flanks open for Sagna to attack. Spuds being Spuds, however fail to blame their left-sided midfielder (the Welsh one who looks like a chimp and goes down a lot) for not covering, cos Bale is, well a hero!
I dunno, one week it's 'Arry this, 'Arry that, Tottingham the beacon of shining light in the Premiership - title contenders etc etc., next it's Spuds slagging off their team.
Still, the truth lies somewhere in the middle - may I be allowed to say that Tottingham have looked very good on occasion this season (they've also looked pretty ordinary too) but they've never been a top team for me, well, not since 1960-61 (when I had to put up with all the "Glory, glory" sh!te when it was based on something a touch sturdier than 'Arry's latest collection). We'll see what happens next.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:26 pm

How would you Arsenal boys react if Spurs finished above you this season? Surely that would make them the superior team, after all you did just post that the league is the test of real quality.

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:46 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:How would you Arsenal boys react if Spurs finished above you this season? Surely that would make them the superior team, after all you did just post that the league is the test of real quality.

If, by chance Tottingham finish above The Arsenal this season it'll be the first time for a long, long time - you could say the exception that proves the rule (the rule being, of course, that The Arsenal are a far better club/team than Tottingham). You might say then that Tottingham are better than Arsenal (we know better of course) but IF it were to happen it's something that will not repeat itself too many times over the coming years. However, even with a ten-point lead - whoops, a seven-point lead I wouldn't put my money on Tottenham finishing Top-Four - I mean, did you see them at The Grove? Mad

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:47 pm

jpr60 wrote:I'm hearing Spuds blaming 'Arry's team selection, plus the two full-backs for failing in their respective duties e.g. Ossu-Bucco (you know the one, with the ridiculous Barnet) being dragged inside to follow Walcott which left the flanks open for Sagna to attack. Spuds being Spuds, however fail to blame their left-sided midfielder (the Welsh one who looks like a chimp and goes down a lot) for not covering, cos Bale is, well a hero!
I dunno, one week it's 'Arry this, 'Arry that, Tottingham the beacon of shining light in the Premiership - title contenders etc etc., next it's Spuds slagging off their team.
Still, the truth lies somewhere in the middle - may I be allowed to say that Tottingham have looked very good on occasion this season (they've also looked pretty ordinary too) but they've never been a top team for me, well, not since 1960-61 (when I had to put up with all the "Glory, glory" sh!te when it was based on something a touch sturdier than 'Arry's latest collection). We'll see what happens next.

Aah!! '60-'61. Fifty one years ago and not a sniff since. Glory GLORY Hallelujah Woohoo Woohoo Woohoo

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:25 pm

To be fair JP, I have had a few Spuds saying that Bale should remember he is a left midfielder and not Messi. Still disgusted with his diving antics though, the Spuds still cannot admit though he did so
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:42 pm

villanfromluton wrote:To be fair JP, I have had a few Spuds saying that Bale should remember he is a left midfielder and not Messi. Still disgusted with his diving antics though, the Spuds still cannot admit though he did so

They wouldn't have seen that, or Parker 'doing' Vermaelen and THEY are the first to question Wenger's eyesight. Rolling Eyes

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:52 pm

Oh no Jak, dont go starting on foul play again Shocked
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:57 pm

It's a mans game, get on with it
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:59 pm

QBVILLA wrote:It's a mans game, get on with it

I have. Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:26 am

Someone should mention that to the likes of Bale and Ossuu-Obuku (why can't I remember his name?)!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:08 am

jpr60 wrote:

Someone should mention that to the likes of Bale and Ossuu-Obuku (why can't I remember his name?)!

Alzheimers?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:11 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Alzheimers?

No, it's definitely something like Osso-Buccoo - anyway, the bloke with The Hair That Changes Each Match.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Bonds Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:57 pm

Thats just where you are wrong,,,those days are gone...they they are more like prima donas now....slightest touch and down like a sack of shit...rugby now thats a mans game

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:12 pm

Nothing manlier than rolling around in the mud with Tarquin and Jones. Leatherman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3