JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martin Oneil..

+5
QBVILLA
Tilton
jak
villainies
ADRIAN_1976
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Martin Oneil.. Empty Martin Oneil..

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:28 pm

2 wins in the last 12 games..

Who would've thought he would have a shit run from March hey Rolling Eyes
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Martin Oneil.. Empty Re: Martin Oneil..

Post  villainies Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:06 pm

The man is a charlatan. With feck all money to spend he'll be in the crap next year.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:10 pm

...and he looks like Cecil.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:24 pm

villainies wrote:The man is a charlatan. With feck all money to spend he'll be in the crap next year.

We tried telling you vilers this when he was your manager. You lot wouldn't have it though.

"In MON we trust" you cried.

"He's one of the best managers in the country" you declared.

Feckwits.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:13 pm

And Sunderland were in the bottom three when he got there and have been safe since March. The mark of a manager is the state of the team he leaves from where he started. Well he took over a club that finished 16th and left us 6th. The way we're going we'll be relegated within the next couple of years. I'd fucking love to get another failure who gets 6th spot and sees crowds closer to 40k rather than 30k at Villa Park. As far as i know MON didn't personally sign the cheques.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:22 pm

QBVILLA wrote:And Sunderland were in the bottom three when he got there and have been safe since March. The mark of a manager is the state of the team he leaves from where he started. Well he took over a club that finished 16th and left us 6th. The way we're going we'll be relegated within the next couple of years. I'd fucking love to get another failure who gets 6th spot and sees crowds closer to 40k rather than 30k at Villa Park. As far as i know MON didn't personally sign the cheques.

This is the problem with blaming just MON. Whilst he blew a lot of money on shite and IMO should've achieved more with the money he had available ultimately our demise is down to Lerner pulling the plug when he did. We lost Milner and needed to spend fcucking big to replace him, same with Downing and Young. For all the good things RL has done, and there are many, pulling the plug on us has returned us to where we were in the last days of DOL.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:41 pm

Maybe he just hasn't got the money? To be fair to Mr Lerner he allowed Kermit to spend big on Bent and Makoun. He's also given McMinge the money for Given, Hutton and N'Frogbia. Ok we pulled a lot in from the sales of Milner, Downing and Young, incidentally all O'Neill signings.Even so if you compare that to what Mike Ashley did in the summer, Lerner hasn't exactly pulled the plug.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:08 pm

Maybe he has run out of cash but that isn't my problem. He shouldnae got involved if he hadn't got the big bucks to chuck. I wanted a chairman to come up with a plan and stick to it and he hasn't done that. In fact we're back where we were with Ellis and DOL allbeit with a top training facility and improved stadium etc. Hutton was a feck up for sure but Frogbia and Given were decent signings. Given has done ok and Zog has been a bellend but we needed a lot more than that to be up around where Everton are.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:30 pm

To be up and around where Everton are? You mean twelve more points/ four wins? I reckon the players we have should be there anyway. A half decent manager would have Villa pushing 50 points with four games left.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:06 pm

The credit crunch appears to have hit RL very hard. I think that MON did a good job at the club and certainly left us in a better state than we were when he joined.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:23 pm

I don't think its about Lerner running out of cash, he is still as loaded as ever. But he can't personally pay the players, Villa have to, and they have to do that within their own turnover or they won't comply with the new financial fair play rules, the club accounts was over a £100m in debt, so they have had to cut players wages and stop spending so much on players. Lerner can lend Villa money, but it still has to be paid back, he loaned Villa £20m last season.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Bonds Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:27 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:I don't think its about Lerner running out of cash, he is still as loaded as ever. But he can't personally pay the players, Villa have to, and they have to do that within their own turnover or they won't comply with the new financial fair play rules, the club accounts was over a £100m in debt, so they have had to cut players wages and stop spending so much on players. Lerner can lend Villa money, but it still has to be paid back, he loaned Villa £20m last season.

well if this is the case then , How the hell do many city get away with it...i mean it's not like they have a huge ground and to pay their players what they are is just taking the piss....i mean abedyor,,,or what ever the feck it is on loan at the spuds...he's on 200k a week and frozen out for fuks sakes....so how do amn city manage to pay mills in transfers shit loads in wages and still keep within the rules ???

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:36 am

City and Chelsea are bankrolled by their owners.Villa aren't.Can't expect Lerner to throw his fortune away in the same manner.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:40 am

Back to MON though, he's not a big achiever is he?

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:49 am

6th spot with Villa is imo the equivalent of getting 3rd with Arsenal.You'd hope for that little bit more but with the competition of other clubs it needs to be put into context.He did wonders at Wycombe and you'll struggle to find a Leicester fan who thinks the O'Neill era wasn't magnificent.He won the silverware at Celtic and has so far taken Sunderland from bottom three to Premierleague safety by March.There's negatives about his management but that can be levelled against any manager in the world.So in summary, yes I do believe he is a good manager, one of the best in the league.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:04 am

But if I was a Villa fan I'd be very disappointed about the way he threw away a chance in the Europa and then played so negatively in his pursuit of a CL place. That was piss poor. He approached home games like he was playing away.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:43 am

jak wrote:But if I was a Villa fan I'd be very disappointed about the way he threw away a chance in the Europa and then played so negatively in his pursuit of a CL place. That was piss poor. He approached home games like he was playing away.

In his last season we finished with 64 points, our highest Prem total since it became a 20 club league.We were also in the League Cup final, where we should have been playing 10 men from Man Utd for 86 mins and in the FA Cup semi.As for the Europa thing.Well that proved to be a mistake but we were playing Chelsea that weekend and had we won would've gone top so at the time I could understand it.With hindsight it was an error.I take onboard your comments about the style of play at home but we had very much a counter attacking side and our away form was the best I can recall in all the time i've been a Villa fan.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:51 am

Didn't we win 7 away games on the trot one season, unthinkable now.

MON annoyed me with the way he left the club, but he was a far better manager then the current incumbent. As blues manager I didn't like Mcleish, as Villa manager I utterly detest him.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:52 am

QBVILLA wrote:To be up and around where Everton are? You mean twelve more points/ four wins? I reckon the players we have should be there anyway. A half decent manager would have Villa pushing 50 points with four games left.

Since the loss of Dunne, Bent and Petrov we've been battling. With a full strength team we might be out of it by now but I don't reckon any manager would be getting 50 points with the current team we are fielding.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:02 am

villainies wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:To be up and around where Everton are? You mean twelve more points/ four wins? I reckon the players we have should be there anyway. A half decent manager would have Villa pushing 50 points with four games left.

Since the loss of Dunne, Bent and Petrov we've been battling. With a full strength team we might be out of it by now but I don't reckon any manager would be getting 50 points with the current team we are fielding.

We were pretty much at full strength until February.No way can the injuries be held up as an excuse over a 38 games season.Fair enough for the last few weeks, but at the start of the season who's squad would you have preferred, ours or Newcastle's?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:51 am

It was in Feb it really started going pete tong though. I said at the start of the season we were good enough for 10th - 12th. At the beginning of Feb Villa were 12th and 3 points off 8th. Without the injuries we'd be up around 12th which i reckon is a fair reflection of the players we have. As for Newcastle I can't explain, it's a mystery wrapped in an enigma. Although Ba was a good signing and that fella they signed in Jan has also turned out to be a good buy I don't know how they have managed to be up there. Whats clear though is our squad isn't as good as theirs.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:28 am

villainies wrote:It was in Feb it really started going pete tong though. I said at the start of the season we were good enough for 10th - 12th. At the beginning of Feb Villa were 12th and 3 points off 8th. Without the injuries we'd be up around 12th which i reckon is a fair reflection of the players we have. As for Newcastle I can't explain, it's a mystery wrapped in an enigma. Although Ba was a good signing and that fella they signed in Jan has also turned out to be a good buy I don't know how they have managed to be up there. Whats clear though is our squad isn't as good as theirs.

Wtf are you on? Cabaye and Tiote have been just as good signings as the two Dembas. Newcastle are an excellently run club with a superb system for recognising and signing talent. Mike Ashley deserves credit IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:50 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
villainies wrote:It was in Feb it really started going pete tong though. I said at the start of the season we were good enough for 10th - 12th. At the beginning of Feb Villa were 12th and 3 points off 8th. Without the injuries we'd be up around 12th which i reckon is a fair reflection of the players we have. As for Newcastle I can't explain, it's a mystery wrapped in an enigma. Although Ba was a good signing and that fella they signed in Jan has also turned out to be a good buy I don't know how they have managed to be up there. Whats clear though is our squad isn't as good as theirs.

Wtf are you on? Cabaye and Tiote have been just as good signings as the two Dembas. Newcastle are an excellently run club with a superb system for recognising and signing talent. Mike Ashley deserves credit IMO.

You don't think a championship side to 4th in two seasons is anything remarkable numbnuts?
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:59 pm

Very Happy
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:27 am

Oh Dear Martin.. Not having shit loads to spend hindering the get it out wide and whack it into Fletcher method of football.. No goals in the league since Sept.. You need to get your second leading goal scorer Demba Ba back ASAP Very Happy
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next