JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roy Hodgson

+5
Billy Bonds
jak
villanfromluton
jpr60
Bedshammer
9 posters

Go down

Roy Hodgson Empty Roy Hodgson

Post  Bedshammer Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:34 pm

I've just read on another forum that he's about to be offered the England manager job. Ladbrokes have apparently suspended betting on it. If true, you heard it here first. If not, it was just a stupid Internet rumour.

Last edited by Bedshammer on Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Roy Hodgson Empty Re: Roy Hodgson

Post  jpr60 Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:54 pm

A sensible decision by the FA - whatever next?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:09 pm

FA have been given permission to speak to him. Think Hodgson is a good manager, decent bloke as well, bit of a boring git like Jak, but loveable in his own way like Jak as well. Too much baggage with Arry I reckon, but would prefer him to be honest
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:21 pm

villanfromluton wrote:FA have been given permission to speak to him. Think Hodgson is a good manager, decent bloke as well, bit of a boring git like Jak, but loveable in his own way like Jak as well. Too much baggage with Arry I reckon, but would prefer him to be honest

Embarassed Flutters eyelids and exits stage left.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Bonds Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:23 pm

jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:FA have been given permission to speak to him. Think Hodgson is a good manager, decent bloke as well, bit of a boring git like Jak, but loveable in his own way like Jak as well. Too much baggage with Arry I reckon, but would prefer him to be honest

Embarassed Flutters eyelids and exits stage left.

I would'nt mate the doors locked try exits to your right and mind the floor just been mopped Very Happy

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:29 am

I don't think there's many arguments against his appointment, but it does seem a bit of "Well let's stay safe.." approach. Hopefully it pays off. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:14 am

According to the press and the England supporters group there is a lot of people who aren't overly thrilled with this appointment.. Harry was the man they wanted..

Couple of bad games and Roy will have loads of abuse..

Personally think he is more tactically aware then Harry..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:14 pm

Very tough appointment to make. Arry would've had the tabs chasing his dodgy dealings from day 1 but he is popular with fans and the sports editors alike. Hodgson, steady but underwhelming and dislike by certain fans and sports writers. Think the papers will be on his case quite quickly.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:27 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:According to the press and the England supporters group there is a lot of people who aren't overly thrilled with this appointment.. Harry was the man they wanted..

Harry doesn't have a plan B really. Long balls down the wings, swing it in, hope someone gets a foot or head on it. I think he'd be found out at international level.

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:28 pm

As long as Hodgson pays no attention to the "experts" (e.g. Dion-effin-Dublin, Lawro et al) and the blatherings of those in the press who love 'Arry cos "'e likes a chat" and think he'll do a good job and have thus started referring to Roy as "second-choice" he'll be OK.
For a start he's likely to insist on teamwork and the "England All-Stars" will have to knuckle down and put in a shift AS A TEAM - that'll be a first for some of the buggers! I think that we might just have an England team on our hands, once Roy's sorted out the wheat from the chaff - what a pleasant change!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Bonds Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:37 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:According to the press and the England supporters group there is a lot of people who aren't overly thrilled with this appointment.. Harry was the man they wanted..

Harry doesn't have a plan B really. Long balls down the wings, swing it in, hope someone gets a foot or head on it. I think he'd be found out at international level.

Iam quite sure, that a man who has managed many ´clubs and being a professional footballer himslef eze has just a tad more awareness than you have

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Bonds Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:40 pm

jpr60 wrote:As long as Hodgson pays no attention to the "experts" (e.g. Dion-effin-Dublin, Lawro et al) and the blatherings of those in the press who love 'Arry cos "'e likes a chat" and think he'll do a good job and have thus started referring to Roy as "second-choice" he'll be OK.
For a start he's likely to insist on teamwork and the "England All-Stars" will have to knuckle down and put in a shift AS A TEAM - that'll be a first for some of the buggers! I think that we might just have an England team on our hands, once Roy's sorted out the wheat from the chaff - what a pleasant change!

this man managed the fnnish team and considering the nation as a whole has just a tad over 5 mill people, And football not being finlands main sport he did quite a good job....i would have prefared Arry to roy, but only time will tell

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:52 pm

Hodgson did alright with the Swiss team too - took a bunch of nothings and turned them into a team that qualified for the World Cup finals. Now he's got a bunch of English "stars" plus good potential coming through - as I say, I'm sure he'll do a good job. With the appropriate due respect to 'Arry, he'd have taken what's there, had a few words with them and let them get on with it. I think Roy will sort he buggers out - go'on Roy, let'em 'ave it!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:57 pm

Roy's the FA's kind of man.
It's the mentality that's passed over the best man on a number of occasions, notably Brian Clough.
Not that 'arry is a Brian Clough but it's mostly image that takes priority over ability.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Reddi! Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:07 pm

I agree with jpr. If Roy can sort out the celebs, he'll do well.
Reddi!
Reddi!

http://www.yma-associates.com

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:00 pm

jpr60 wrote:As long as Hodgson pays no attention to the "experts" (e.g. Dion-effin-Dublin, Lawro et al) and the blatherings of those in the press who love 'Arry cos "'e likes a chat" and think he'll do a good job and have thus started referring to Roy as "second-choice" he'll be OK.

I think you're spot on there but the pressure from the press will be huge. Half the battle is dealing with those norberts!
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed May 02, 2012 12:35 pm

So. Roy it is, and after his first press conference I'm fairly happy with the decision. Think he needs some support from the fans and press and some respect from the 'senior players' but he can do a good job for England as long as expectations are realistic. Good luck Roy Hodgson. cheers
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed May 02, 2012 1:40 pm

have you seen The Sun newspapers front page.. disgraceful stuff.. and worryingly 2MILLION people read that shite affraid
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed May 02, 2012 2:02 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:have you seen The Sun newspapers front page.. disgraceful stuff.. and worryingly 2MILLION people read that shite affraid

I hadn't seen it. Just googled it though, totally out of order. That paper is just scum as far as I'm concerned.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed May 02, 2012 5:14 pm

What did it say? I think they must have taken it down online. Scummy scummy rag.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed May 02, 2012 5:37 pm

Bwing on the euwos
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed May 02, 2012 5:49 pm