JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Owen

+7
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
Ringo
villainies
villanfromluton
ADRIAN_1976
MrMagoo
QBVILLA
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Michael Owen Empty Michael Owen

Post  QBVILLA Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:54 am

Once again today's papers are linking us with Owen.If we could get him on some sort of pay as you play contract i'd welcome his signing.With the amount of chances we create from crosses i reckon he'd get plenty of goals.He's still England's most natural goalscorer and I reckon a good season from him at a club like Villa could still book his place for the World Cup finals.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Michael Owen Empty Re: Michael Owen

Post  MrMagoo Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:23 am

If the papers are to believed, Madrid are selling Ruud van Nistelrooy on the cheap.

He would score some goals from the crosses you create. Don't think you would get him though
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:36 am

I'd be happy if West Ham bought RvN for £12.5m, let alone £1.25m

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:08 pm

Owen is a predictable Villa signing.. as ive said before.. we will be going for the likes of Owen Hudlestone Bentley Haangelaand.. all players based in prem rather then buy a Haangelaand when he was available for 4M..

Owen wouldnt be a bad addition in a pay as you play bases but it will again show the type of players we have on our radar.. we spent shit loads last summer on defenders from britian and its fair to say our defence has been shite without Laursen and Bouma despite the money spent..

Also Thomas Vermaelan is reportedly on his way to Arsenal.. a player that press reports have said that Oneil has been and watched personally.. but while Oneil sits on the beach checking out the guys private life and if he helps old ladies cross the road.. Arsene will probably move in and sign him.. OK might not be the case with this guy but we DEF didther on transfers..

As for RVN.. are you mad.. we wont go for a player like that.. Ressurecting crocked Owens career is what we are all about!!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:25 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Owen is a predictable Villa signing.. as ive said before.. we will be going for the likes of Owen Hudlestone Bentley Haangelaand.. all players based in prem rather then buy a Haangelaand when he was available for 4M..

Owen wouldnt be a bad addition in a pay as you play bases but it will again show the type of players we have on our radar.. we spent shit loads last summer on defenders from britian and its fair to say our defence has been shite without Laursen and Bouma despite the money spent..

Also Thomas Vermaelan is reportedly on his way to Arsenal.. a player that press reports have said that Oneil has been and watched personally.. but while Oneil sits on the beach checking out the guys private life and if he helps old ladies cross the road.. Arsene will probably move in and sign him.. OK might not be the case with this guy but we DEF didther on transfers..

As for RVN.. are you mad.. we wont go for a player like that.. Ressurecting crocked Owens career is what we are all about!!

Bloody hell.Two visits to Villa Park in 29yrs and you've become as cynical as Lion No
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:36 pm

feck off.. Laughing

just want to see some signings that will enable us to challenge for 4th rather then battle for 6th.. after seeing Oneil's dealing in 4 transfer windows im hoping he has a change of transfer policy this summer!!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:41 pm

Adrian

I reckon Owen could be a very good signing on a pay as you play deal. It is world cup year and he will certianly be out to impress next season. Got to say he has rarely looked fit, but he is a natural goalscorer, something we have all been crying out for.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:02 pm

Owen would be an nightmare signing on any deal. The man has lost it, I don't want to see him anywhere near our club especially as he probably still thinks he's worth top money. Hopefully Man City will sign him up and he'll give them 3 games next season.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:44 pm

Be fair here!!

Why should West Ham United have to buy all the cripples and idiots all the time?

It is time another claret and blue mob stepped up to the breach..........hang on a minute......... we now have another set of claret and blue muppets in the premiership trying to steal Aston Villa's thunder.
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:02 pm

Ringo wrote:Be fair here!!

Why should West Ham United have to buy all the cripples and idiots all the time?

It is time another claret and blue mob stepped up to the breach..........hang on a minute......... we now have another set of claret and blue muppets in the premiership trying to steal Aston Villa's thunder.

Got my £10 yet

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:51 pm

villainies wrote:Owen would be an nightmare signing on any deal. The man has lost it, I don't want to see him anywhere near our club especially as he probably still thinks he's worth top money. Hopefully Man City will sign him up and he'll give them 3 games next season.

Well a lot of press speculation that he could be signing a 2year deal worth 60k a week.. bet your gonna be well chuffed with that Laughing

Also a few reports doing the rounds that Carew could be off.. i really hope there not true..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:02 pm

Owen would be an excellent signing - he will always score goals

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:23 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
villainies wrote:Owen would be an nightmare signing on any deal. The man has lost it, I don't want to see him anywhere near our club especially as he probably still thinks he's worth top money. Hopefully Man City will sign him up and he'll give them 3 games next season.

Well a lot of press speculation that he could be signing a 2year deal worth 60k a week.. bet your gonna be well chuffed with that Laughing

Also a few reports doing the rounds that Carew could be off.. i really hope there not true..

BOLLOCKS MATE! Basketball

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11677_5369008,00.html

cheers
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:29 pm

Lionheart wrote:Owen would be an excellent signing - he will always score goals

Like the last two seasons? Scoring so many goals... affraid
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:43 pm

Ron Jeremy couldn't score in that Newcastle side.

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:32 am

I agree
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:57 pm

QBVILLA wrote:

I agree

Dear friends

I am now at a severe crossroads in my life - do I continue posting on here??

I have now entered a twilight zone where QB is agreeing with me

HOWEVER

I think he posted that in the hope that I would piss off and never post on here ever again

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:35 pm

Just tell him again what your Portuguese mates think of MON's tactics. Normal service will resume.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:37 pm

Lionheart wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

I agree

Dear friends

HOWEVER

I think he posted that in the hope that I would piss off and never post on here ever again

And so say all of us :)

By the way, I think Owen would be a risk worth taking and could prove to be an excellent signing.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:32 am

Lionheart wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

I agree

Dear friends

HOWEVER

Can't see you getting many replies
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:10 pm

I want the old Lion back who doesn't post tosh like 'Owen is good'.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:45 pm

villainies wrote:I want the old Lion back who doesn't post tosh like 'Owen is good'.

Villanies

The stats speak for themselves

Club Career games 353
Goals 181

England Career
89 games
40 goals

He is level with Lineker on 22 goals in official competitions - that is the highest test of a player

Yes he´s been injury prone the last few years - however unlike Laursen who had the same persistent problem, Owen has suffered a series of different injuries

Provided that he stays injury free he guarantees us 50 goals (in all competitions) over the next two years

Got to be worth a go

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:36 pm

Lionheart wrote:
villainies wrote:I want the old Lion back who doesn't post tosh like 'Owen is good'.

Villanies

The stats speak for themselves

Club Career games 353
Goals 181

England Career
89 games
40 goals

30 goals in all comps in the last 4 seasons also speaks for itself. The risk on Owen is huge, I don't think he'll come cheap and would probably spend the best part of the season in the treatment room. I think we need someone more reliable than that.
He is level with Lineker on 22 goals in official competitions - that is the highest test of a player

Yes he´s been injury prone the last few years - however unlike Laursen who had the same persistent problem, Owen has suffered a series of different injuries

Provided that he stays injury free he guarantees us 50 goals (in all competitions) over the next two years

Got to be worth a go
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:37 pm

Villainies, the figures that have been bandied around are £6 million for a two year deal.Hardly chicken feed I grant you but in Premiership terms it's feck all.To expect Owen to play every game would be churlish but if we get 20-25 games out of him then i'd expect a return of 10 goals plus.that would make a massive difference to our season.If we had to find a fee as well as his wages then i'd be more likely to agree with you but as it stands we'd be getting a player of immense experience and profile for the grand total of a million quid more than Pompey paid for David Nugent, and that's before the player was paid a penny.We're supposed to be a big club.We've all bemoaned the size of the squad and we all know we need to significantly boost the numbers.£6 million isn't a gamble if those two statements are true, it's an absolute steal.
Added to that it'll make the likes of Ashley Young sit up and take notice and also what an opportunity it will be for Gabby and Delfouneso to learn from one of the best modern day strikers the country has seen on a daily basis.
Bargain.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:35 pm

well you have convinced me Qb, now can you put that in a letter to MON

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content