JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Owen

+7
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
Ringo
villainies
villanfromluton
ADRIAN_1976
MrMagoo
QBVILLA
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Michael Owen - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Owen

Post  Guest Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:54 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:well you have convinced me Qb, now can you put that in a letter to MON

Lets hope it doesn´t get the same treatment as when someone wrote to Villa about a young Cristiano Aveiro - and Graham Taylor "passed it to his assistant John Deehan"

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:21 pm

I personally like the idea of signing Owen, maybe he might be injured for the whole time, but he is a goal scorer when fit, and for free it seems worth while.

I know that MON dismissed that we have offered him a contract, however from what Tango Man is saying, it's seems that Newcastle aren't giving anyone permision to speak to Owen until his contract runs out.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5402089,00.html

"He is still connected to a football club, we haven't been given permission by that football club to talk to him, so we will honour that.

"But he will be available from 1st July and hopefully Michael will give us the time of day and we can get around a table, then who knows?"

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  mastermank Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:39 pm

I thought in the last 6 months of your contract you could speak to whoever you wanted as you were becoming a free agent. I think owen is an interesting case -he's a great goal scorer but can he cope physically still which on current evidence he can't and does he still have the desire to compete.
A risky signing but it might be worth the gamble for a world class player. I'd think about taking him at everton but it would be too risky with saha on the books but he worked out for us in a similar situation.

mastermank

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:34 pm

mastermank wrote:I thought in the last 6 months of your contract you could speak to whoever you wanted as you were becoming a free agent. I think owen is an interesting case -he's a great goal scorer but can he cope physically still which on current evidence he can't and does he still have the desire to compete.
A risky signing but it might be worth the gamble for a world class player. I'd think about taking him at everton but it would be too risky with saha on the books but he worked out for us in a similar situation.

I thought that you could talk to clubs as well mastermank, and I think it is worth a gamble. Only worry is his main asset was pace in getting away from players, has he still got that after the injuries?
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2