JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robbie Keane..

+3
jak
villanfromluton
ADRIAN_1976
7 posters

Go down

Robbie Keane.. Empty Robbie Keane..

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:12 pm

Lots of press reports doing the rounds that he could be available in Jan.. Chances are its probably got as mush truth in it as a certain story that a knobhead told about Ashley Young being at a certain hotel Whistle

But if he was available.. do you think he would be worth signing.. He is a different type of player to what we have got and i think he would work well with Gabby..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Robbie Keane.. Empty Re: Robbie Keane..

Post  villanfromluton Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:38 pm

Not sure MON would be interested Ades, and not sure he would fit into our style of play, but could possibly link midfield and attack.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:14 pm

The only thing that would bother me about Keane is the point that he has bounced around a few clubs now and back in the case of Spurs, yet never made his mark and never made a position in a team his own, why is that??.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:51 pm

Anti Irish again, give it a rest Wink

I think teams have to change their style of play to accomodate him, my spud mate says they are fceking themselves up by trying to get him in the team.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:55 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Anti Irish again, give it a rest Wink

I think teams have to change their style of play to accomodate him, my spud mate says they are fceking themselves up by trying to get him in the team.

YOU'VE got a SPUD mate? Why am I not surprised? Tosspot

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:27 pm

Leave Mal alone you feckin' bully! bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:37 pm

Reddi! wrote:

Leave Mal alone you feckin' bully! bounce

Keep your nose out of it p we
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:43 am

We need a striker, I like Keane I think he works very hard and MON would like that.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:51 am

I think Keane would be an excellent addition, not sure how much he would play though as I doubt MON is going to drop Gabby as he wants him at the world cup, and he likes a big man up there with him like Carew and Heskey.

Still if the price was right it would be a good buy, anything over £6m though and I cant see it being worthwile

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:09 am

Gabby could work well with Keane as I think he is quite happy trying to be that target man, obviously he isn't as big as Heskey or Carew, but i think he is definitely strong enough and more than capable of playing that role.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:24 am

If not Keane then someone else. We are in that difficult position of finding someone in January again. If Gabby picks up a knock we'll struggle but its difficult to get the right player mid season. Tough call for MON>
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:52 am

I'd be amazed if Spurs sold Keane to us in January as we're one of their main rivals.I've always rated Keane but since his ill fated Liverpool switch he hasn't really done it
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:18 pm

Some of the papers said he was willing to sell Keane, Bentley, Hutton an dPavlechenko to generate funds. I'm not sure he is still the same player to be honest, but can see why people may want him as he does score goals.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:21 pm

All my point was this fella has played at a fair few clubs and they all seem very keen to let him go....thats not for nothing.

It may be that he fits into Villa really well and finds his natural place, a bit like when i shag Luton publically, its something that just comes over me, Reddi, on the other hand do we really want to risk that, its not as though we buy that many players up front.

AVFC: Why oh why do we have to always go for the big lad up front, surely we can go further than that, i know its what MON wants, its what Capello wants thats what will keep Gabby of the plane for South Africa when he includes both Heskey and Crouch.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:54 pm

Malachite wrote:All my point was this fella has played at a fair few clubs and they all seem very keen to let him go....thats not for nothing.

It may be that he fits into Villa really well and finds his natural place, a bit like when i shag Luton publically, its something that just comes over me, Reddi, on the other hand do we really want to risk that, its not as though we buy that many players up front.

AVFC: Why oh why do we have to always go for the big lad up front, surely we can go further than that, i know its what MON wants, its what Capello wants thats what will keep Gabby of the plane for South Africa when he includes both Heskey and Crouch.

Because MON sid so

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:46 pm

Do you remember when Keane was supposedly set to join us from Wolves and Gregory wouldn´t pay the extra half million - even thouigh Wolves would have taken our offer is Oakes was thrown in?

Shortly after Keane went to Coventry we sold Oakes to Wolves for 600k so therefore for the sake of £100k we didn´t sign him......!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down