JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bolton secure Knight & Ricketts

3 posters

Go down

Bolton secure Knight & Ricketts Empty Bolton secure Knight & Ricketts

Post  Jay.P.A Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:56 am

Bolton secure Knight & Ricketts _46111525_split_226

Bolton Wanderers have signed defenders Zat Knight from Aston Villa and Sam Ricketts from Hull City.

The pair have signed three-year deals at the Reebok Stadium after arriving for undisclosed fees.

They are Bolton boss Gary Megson's third and fourth signings this summer, following Sean Davis from Portsmouth and Paul Robinson from West Brom.

Bolton are also close to bringing in South Korean Lee Chung-Yong from FC Seoul according to the K-League side.

I'm actually quite pissed off that we've sold Knight...he was a good, strong defender, absolutely priceless in Pro Evo!

So now, we only have 2 recognised senior center-backs at the club......
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Bolton secure Knight & Ricketts Empty Re: Bolton secure Knight & Ricketts

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:44 am

I didn't dislike Knight as much as many fellow villa fans, and when looking at the sale with only 2 CB's it looks bad, but no one in there right mind would go into a season at any level with only 2 CB's. So we have to look at this and take it that we will be signing 2 CB's very shortly. Hopefully one is Hangerland and the other will be reserve.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:22 pm

I said a while ago, I reckon Sol Campbell will be joining us, if he is coming in as 4th choice them I'm pretty happy with that. Would love Hangaland to come in as well.

As for Knight, always thought he was harshly treated by some Villa fans and was a decent 4th choice. Think he will fit in at Bolton.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:31 pm

I think he's really going to do well at Bolton, along with Gary Cahill - thats going to be a partnership to look out for next season.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down