JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delph

+7
roadoftrinity
FrenchSpur
villahagler69
QBVILLA
ADRIAN_1976
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
jpr60
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Delph Empty Delph

Post  Guest Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:17 pm

Apparently we´ve agreed a fee for him - I´ve never seen him play - is he any good??

Back to top Go down

Delph Empty Re: Delph

Post  jpr60 Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:31 pm

Lionheart wrote:Apparently we´ve agreed a fee for him - I´ve never seen him play - is he any good??

Yes he is - smooth, skillful and a willing worker - my lad (you know the one) has long been resigned to losing him to a Prem team and prefers you lot to Man City who are also interested.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:45 pm

Not seen him play so won't pretend to know anything about him. Leeds apparently wanted £8m and if thats what has been agreed thats alot for a player that is surely only going to serve as Gardner's replacement, who I'm sure will be out the door if this goes through as we still need a replacement for Barry so this would only knock Gardner down the pecking order.

However if the noses big £5m for him then a net spend of £3m wouldn't be that bad if the kid turned out to be the real deal.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:30 pm

£8m for a kid with barely 2 seasons experience in League 1. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:38 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:£8m for a kid with barely 2 seasons experience in League 1. Shocked

exactly

Anyway its on the Villa website now that the fee is agreed, also says on the leeds website that due to the honourable manner that Villa have delt with there interest that Leeds have rejected bids from other clubs since agreeing terms with Villa.

I give every player a chance, but as Jesus says £8m for a league 1 player? he better be good.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:46 pm

AVFC has a fee of 8M been reported anywhere?

I would also say that its about time we took a gamble on a talented player.. look at the last one.. there are loads of clubs sniffing around him so he must have soemthing about him.. i wouold sooner take a risk on Delph who has the potential to be a top player then pay 10M for Jenas who keeps us 6th..

Last edited by ADRIAN_1976 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:49 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:AVFC has a fee of 8M been reported anywhere?

I would also say that its about time we took a gamble on a talented player.. look at he last one.. there are loads of clubs sniffing around him so he must have soemthing about him.. i wouold sooner take a risk on Delph who has the potential to be a top player then pay 10M for Jenas who keeps us 6th..

Rumours flying roudn past couple of weeks were that Leeds wanted £8m so you could presume that is the fee, might not be but there's no smoke without fire as proven in the fact that we have actually bid for him.

Kid at work showed me a youtube video of him, looked good but as I said to him you could probably make Harewood look like a class player with 5 mins of clips.

As I've already said anyway, I reckon this will signal the departure of Gardner for £5m so a net spend of £3m would be peanuts if he lived up to his high reputaion.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:07 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:AVFC has a fee of 8M been reported anywhere?

I would also say that its about time we took a gamble on a talented player.. look at he last one.. there are loads of clubs sniffing around him so he must have soemthing about him.. i wouold sooner take a risk on Delph who has the potential to be a top player then pay 10M for Jenas who keeps us 6th..

Rumours flying roudn past couple of weeks were that Leeds wanted £8m so you could presume that is the fee, might not be but there's no smoke without fire as proven in the fact that we have actually bid for him.

Kid at work showed me a youtube video of him, looked good but as I said to him you could probably make Harewood look like a class player with 5 mins of clips.

As I've already said anyway, I reckon this will signal the departure of Gardner for £5m so a net spend of £3m would be peanuts if he lived up to his high reputaion.

If you're that good at computer wizardry then you should be working for NASA.By the way Leeds have released a statement complimenting Villa on the way they've conducted the business.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villahagler69 Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:05 pm

Had a few texts from mates who are Leeds fans and thet are gutted regardless of the rumoured 8m. All reckon he is the real deal and has bundles of potential, future England International player.
Only opinions I know but I am happy if this goes through, hopefully another Ashley Young type signing.

villahagler69

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:31 pm

From Sky Sports

Leeds United have confirmed 'resisting approaches' from other Premier League clubs for Fabian Delph after accepting an offer from Aston Villa.

Delph is travelling to Villa to hold talks over personal terms after Leeds agreed a fee for the sale of the England Under 21 international.

The teenage midfielder has been tracked by a string of clubs, with Everton, Manchester City and Tottenham also showing an interest over the summer.

Whites boss Simon Grayson confirmed the club had turned down two offers for Delph recently, but have now accepted Villa's bid.

The League One club also revealed that, since settling on a fee with Villa, other top-flight teams have tried to hijack the deal.

A club statement read: "Leeds United can confirm that a fee has been agreed with Aston Villa for Fabian Delph.

"Leeds United wishes to place on record our appreciation for the honourable manner in which Aston Villa have conducted their interest in the player.

"The club has resisted approaches from other FA Premier League clubs since agreeing terms with Aston Villa.

"Having given Villa our commitment to transfer the player (subject to medical), we had no intention of going back on that."
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villahagler69 Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:34 pm

We are such a class outfit! cheers

villahagler69

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:35 pm

villahagler69 wrote:We are such a class outfit! cheers

Brings a tear to the eye.... Wink Wink Wink Sleep Sleep Sleep
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:37 am

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/MediaWatchDetail/0,,10265~1742593,00.html

Do journalists just pick a number and report it? :hj:
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:46 am

QBVILLA wrote:http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/MediaWatchDetail/0,,10265~1742593,00.html

Do journalists just pick a number and report it? :hj:

I know yeah, I thought that.

Anyway, the cost doesn't mater and hopefully he will sign for us, never seen him play but I think that he will probably feature a lot more than people think.

I would prefer signing him to Jenas, but then I would prefer signing anyone to Jenas.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:47 am

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:£8m for a kid with barely 2 seasons experience in League 1. Shocked

I remember how you kept on going on how we had paid completely over the odds for a young winger with barely any premier league experience. Shocked

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:21 am

roadoftrinity wrote:

I remember how you kept on going on how we had paid completely over the odds for a young winger with barely any premier league experience. Shocked

Yeah I remember that too!!

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:49 am

It's a lot of money, but that seems to be the norm with young English players.The fact there were a number of Prem clubs interested also drives the price up.From the fans point of view the price tag is irrelevant if he produces the goods.For example how much was that winger (forget his name) your lot signed from the Italian 2nd division last season? Prem clubs are now taking gambles on players for 5 or 6 million such is the premium associated with being a Premier league club
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:54 am

A Leeds fan mate of mine reckons he is a very good player with lots of quality but when he goes missing he really goes missing. A good future prospect but another player that isn't going to hit the ground running IMO. We still need to sign 3 or 4 at least.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:51 am

QBVILLA wrote:

It's a lot of money, but that seems to be the norm with young English players.The fact there were a number of Prem clubs interested also drives the price up.From the fans point of view the price tag is irrelevant if he produces the goods.For example how much was that winger (forget his name) your lot signed from the Italian 2nd division last season? Prem clubs are now taking gambles on players for 5 or 6 million such is the premium associated with being a Premier league club

By the way QB, did you renew your season ticket in the end or you giving it a miss this season?

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:05 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

By the way QB, did you renew your season ticket in the end or you giving it a miss this season?

Giving it a miss mate.Combination of reasons.I've got the 2nd and final year of night school to complete.I'm playing 5 a side on Thursdays and coaching a U11s side Thursday's and Saturday's and they play on Sunday's.Added to that having two little girls, a fondness of Sunday drinking sessions and overtime now being a rareity i've decided not to commit to a season ticket.I'm hoping to catch a few games, but with our involvement in the Piss pot europa cup and the interference of Sky, Saturday 3pm kick offs are few and far between.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:16 pm

QBVILLA wrote:

Giving it a miss mate.Combination of reasons.I've got the 2nd and final year of night school to complete.I'm playing 5 a side on Thursdays and coaching a U11s side Thursday's and Saturday's and they play on Sunday's.Added to that having two little girls, a fondness of Sunday drinking sessions and overtime now being a rareity i've decided not to commit to a season ticket.I'm hoping to catch a few games, but with our involvement in the Piss pot europa cup and the interference of Sky, Saturday 3pm kick offs are few and far between.

I dont blame you to be honest, I seriously considered whether to renew this season, I've got a girl due in September and all the different kick off times do my head in. However my brother managed to talk me into renewing as he comes back from London for every game.

Good chance this could be my last season.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:22 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

I dont blame you to be honest, I seriously considered whether to renew this season, I've got a girl due in September and all the different kick off times do my head in. However my brother managed to talk me into renewing as he comes back from London for every game.

I don't doubt i'll miss it, but i've got a busy life these days.I started going back 7 seasons ago after a few years away as a way of spending some time with my stepson, and also as he was showing some interest in being an Albion fan.He's 18 this year so he's more likely to prefer a weekend out with his mates nowadays.Mind you if we start teh season well i'll probably cave in a nd get a half season ticket :red:
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:23 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

Where is she coming from ROT, Thailand perhaps? Wish you all the luck with that and I for one dont think you are a dirty bastrad for paying for a girlfriend from foreign parts
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:25 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
Where is she coming from ROT, Thailand perhaps? Wish you all the luck with that and I for one dont think you are a dirty bastrad for paying for a girlfriend from foreign parts

Fuckin russianbride.com, piss takers, I paid for her in July and have been waiting all this time.

My wife is due with our baby in September, well I hope it's ours anyway Shocked

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:28 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

Fuckin russianbride.com, piss takers, I paid for her in July and have been waiting all this time.

My wife is due with our baby in September, well I hope it's ours anyway Shocked

Goo luck with that, hope everything goes well. By the way, at least your missus has had some involvement in the baby, so one out of two aint bad Wink

You will do well to be allowed a season ticket after this season with a baby as well
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next