JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game-in-hand time.

2 posters

Go down

Game-in-hand time. Empty Game-in-hand time.

Post  jpr60 Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:45 am

Big statement needed tomorrow v Bolton at The Grove. A good, solid win to place us just in behind Chelsea and ahead of ManU - this is a big'un!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Game-in-hand time. Empty Re: Game-in-hand time.

Post  jpr60 Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:13 pm

*huç* it, match effin postponed! Total crap. IT'S WINTER, IT HAPPENS EVERY YEAR BETWEEN NOVEMBER AND FEBRUARY - EVERY SODDIN YEAR - WHEN WILL WE BRITS WORK IT OUT????????????????????? The pitch is playable, the stadium swept clean and dry but no, the locality may not be safe (this is Islington, it's never safe) and transport cannot be ensured for the supporters. AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:25 pm

jpr60 wrote:*huç* it, match effin postponed! Total crap. IT'S WINTER, IT HAPPENS EVERY YEAR BETWEEN NOVEMBER AND FEBRUARY - EVERY SODDIN YEAR - WHEN WILL WE BRITS WORK IT OUT????????????????????? The pitch is playable, the stadium swept clean and dry but no, the locality may not be safe (this is Islington, it's never safe) and transport cannot be ensured for the supporters. AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!

I blame the jews up the road Pick nose

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:48 pm

englishhammer wrote:
jpr60 wrote:*huç* it, match effin postponed! Total crap. IT'S WINTER, IT HAPPENS EVERY YEAR BETWEEN NOVEMBER AND FEBRUARY - EVERY SODDIN YEAR - WHEN WILL WE BRITS WORK IT OUT????????????????????? The pitch is playable, the stadium swept clean and dry but no, the locality may not be safe (this is Islington, it's never safe) and transport cannot be ensured for the supporters. AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!

I blame the jews up the road Pick nose

Can't be their fault, they don't know what day of the week it is at the best of times!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:40 pm

Well, there we are then - our game in hand turned out to be at home to Everton, since Chelsea's game was called off and all we managed was a disappointing draw. It's football, you never know what's gonna happen next.
Not a particularly good performance today, we gave away two silly goals and scored with two deflected shots. I thought Nasri had a good first half, worked hard but seemed to fade a bit in the second. Ramsey and Diaby were off and on, Rosicky looked composed when he came on, AA worked his socks off but the strange thing was Denilson, who had played pretty well then suddenly collapsed. I thought he'd had a heart attack, just went down holding his chest. He'd been caught full-on by Neville earlier so perhaps he's got some sort of chest injury, I dunno.
Another day, another injury. Still, one week before the next game - I'm hoping for improved weather conditions and improvements in our injury list.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:19 pm

If you needed to have proof, then yesterday shown without doubt the difference between the golden top 4/5 and the rest is nowhere near as prolific as previous seasons, for me 7th/8th to 17th, nothing in it, and I've noticed that none of these sides have the same kind of fear that has always been evident, Pianeer's goal was cockiness personified and at the Emirates.

The B'ham-Man Utd result, we are all in the same boat now, and we can all drop points and lose games.

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:54 pm

jpr60 wrote:Well, there we are then - our game in hand turned out to be at home to Everton, since Chelsea's game was called off and all we managed was a disappointing draw. It's football, you never know what's gonna happen next.
Not a particularly good performance today, we gave away two silly goals and scored with two deflected shots. I thought Nasri had a good first half, worked hard but seemed to fade a bit in the second. Ramsey and Diaby were off and on, Rosicky looked composed when he came on, AA worked his socks off but the strange thing was Denilson, who had played pretty well then suddenly collapsed. I thought he'd had a heart attack, just went down holding his chest. He'd been caught full-on by Neville earlier so perhaps he's got some sort of chest injury, I dunno.
Another day, another injury. Still, one week before the next game - I'm hoping for improved weather conditions and improvements in our injury list.

Rosicky is a player I've never liked, gave the ball away far too easily yesterday and turned an excellent attacking position into Evertons second goal. Diaby didn't seem to fancy it and I fear for us because yesterdays midfield does not look up to the job. We need Cesc back quickly and Song is going to be sorely missed, the back four were exposed without him.
I'd like us to out, Rosicky, Denilson, Vela, Sylvestre, Diaby none of whom are up to top PL standard.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:47 pm

jak wrote:
jpr60 wrote:Well, there we are then - our game in hand turned out to be at home to Everton, since Chelsea's game was called off and all we managed was a disappointing draw. It's football, you never know what's gonna happen next.

Rosicky is a player I've never liked, gave the ball away far too easily yesterday and turned an excellent attacking position into Evertons second goal. Diaby didn't seem to fancy it and I fear for us because yesterdays midfield does not look up to the job. We need Cesc back quickly and Song is going to be sorely missed, the back four were exposed without him.
I'd like us to out, Rosicky, Denilson, Vela, Sylvestre, Diaby none of whom are up to top PL standard.

Gonna have to disagree with you there, somewhat jak. Rosicky is, for me an extremely talented player who can score goals. He is however, what I term a luxury player i.e. he's not gonna make a poor team better but he has got that touch to turn a good team into a brilliant one. Yes he gave the ball away yesterday but it wasn't that which conceded the goal, it was the fact that there was absolutely nobody covering the halfway line. Over the years there's always been someone who covers when the central defenders go up for corners (and, if I remember well that was 3 corners on the trot we were not scoring from at the time), it used to be Cole, then Clichy took over the job well, Gibbs does it when he plays and, usually Traore does too, but this time he went up into attack. The double doors were left wide open and I'd blame the captain and the keeper for that (was Almunia both on Saturday?).
I think Diaby is having a half-way decent run in the team. He didn't stop pushing against Everton and was involved in the equaliser so yes, in the past Diaby has looked lazy and inconsistent but lately he's improved, probably cos he's not been injured for a few weeks on the trot and I'd rate him just behind Song as our Most Improved Player. Denilson works hard - yes he makes mistakes but he's always there for the ball and he got well stuck in against Everton who were, it should be said going into every 50-50 with conviction. Silvestre? Well, I don't know why we signed him. The only positive thing I can say is he's apparently a good character in the dressing room and he certaily got stuck in a few weeks ago when the handbags came out against Wolves, protecting Nasri and his other team-mates. Vela? The jury's still out but he looks a peripheral figure at best.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:44 pm

jpr60 wrote:
jak wrote:

Gonna have to disagree with you there, somewhat jak. Rosicky is, for me an extremely talented player who can score goals. He is however, what I term a luxury player i.e. he's not gonna make a poor team better but he has got that touch to turn a good team into a brilliant one. Yes he gave the ball away yesterday but it wasn't that which conceded the goal, it was the fact that there was absolutely nobody covering the halfway line. Over the years there's always been someone who covers when the central defenders go up for corners (and, if I remember well that was 3 corners on the trot we were not scoring from at the time), it used to be Cole, then Clichy took over the job well, Gibbs does it when he plays and, usually Traore does too, but this time he went up into attack. The double doors were left wide open and I'd blame the captain and the keeper for that (was Almunia both on Saturday?).
I think Diaby is having a half-way decent run in the team. He didn't stop pushing against Everton and was involved in the equaliser so yes, in the past Diaby has looked lazy and inconsistent but lately he's improved, probably cos he's not been injured for a few weeks on the trot and I'd rate him just behind Song as our Most Improved Player. Denilson works hard - yes he makes mistakes but he's always there for the ball and he got well stuck in against Everton who were, it should be said going into every 50-50 with conviction. Silvestre? Well, I don't know why we signed him. The only positive thing I can say is he's apparently a good character in the dressing room and he certaily got stuck in a few weeks ago when the handbags came out against Wolves, protecting Nasri and his other team-mates. Vela? The jury's still out but he looks a peripheral figure at best.

Well, jpr. Time alone will tell.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down