JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gloat time

+3
villanfromluton
jak
FrenchSpur
7 posters

Go down

Gloat time Empty Gloat time

Post  FrenchSpur Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:02 pm

You're shit ahhhhhhhhhbb
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Gloat time Empty Re: Gloat time

Post  jak Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:42 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:You're shit ahhhhhhhhhbb

I get your general drift, Cath but I'm somewhat foxed by the "ahhhhhhhhhbb". I've googled it, run it through spellcheck and tried a Thesaurus. Perhaps you could elucidate?

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:44 pm

jak wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:You're shit ahhhhhhhhhbb

I get your general drift, Cath but I'm somewhat foxed by the "ahhhhhhhhhbb". I've googled it, run it through spellcheck and tried a Thesaurus. Perhaps you could elucidate?

Thats what happens when you try to type on an iphone in a pub full of unhappy gooners and saints fans.....

Did you watch the game ???
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:44 pm

Got to say saw most of the game and enjoyed it, both teams went for it. Thought Dawson was MOTM, got a top attitude. Bit puzzled by Arsenal playing such a high line against the likes of Bale and Lennon
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:47 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Got to say saw most of the game and enjoyed it, both teams went for it. Thought Dawson was MOTM, got a top attitude. Bit puzzled by Arsenal playing such a high line against the likes of Bale and Lennon

I think the Gooners are going to get past Chelsea in the premiership unless there is a sea change in their attitude with raffa....
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:52 pm

Yes I watched the game and I watched us commit Hari Kari for about the tenth time this season.
There it is. We knew about Bale and we played right into his hands.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:56 pm

I was surprised the right back Jenkinson got the hook, thought he was doing a good job Jak.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:15 pm

villanfromluton wrote:I was surprised the right back Jenkinson got the hook, thought he was doing a good job Jak.
He was my man of the match for Arsenal. He's gonna be a real good player given a run in the side. He crosses the ball really well and he's a fit lad. He can really motor up and down the flank.
Why the feck he brought on Rosicky for him and moved Ramsey to right back, feck knows.
I think Wenger does have his favourites and the young lad was an easy option to take off. The change did nothing for the team other than weakening us in an area where we'd looked very dangerous.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:23 pm

I totally agree with everything you say there Jak. The lad was bombing down the right and looking dangerous. Was shocked when he got hooked. What was the point in putting Ramsey at right back, he was actually starting to impose himself in the middle. I dont think Arsenal played bad, just bad defending for those goals, the big German is sooo slow and dont know what has happened to your captain, he seems a different player these days. The left back was poor defensively, apparently was last week as well. I have heard he is a top player and am sure he will come good, but his defending was poor today
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:21 am

Vermaelen seemed totally surprised by Lennon.
The left back was shite but can you believe our centre back AND captain was completely mugged. He's been rubbish all season, why the feck Wenger made him captain, God only knows.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:15 am

Have to say I'm in denial. I truly thought we'd beat Spuds as usual - give 'em a goal or two and score four or five. When Bayle scored I said, "Good, Bayle's got his goal" fully expecting us to go out and score a few of our own. When we let the midget in to score I must admit feeling a touch worried but all through the game I thought we'd win, right up 'til near the end when I was feeling disappointed cos we'd only be coming away with a point - but we lost, apparently. We lost to the effin Spuds?!?!
Terrible defending but not too bright at closing down in midfield either (otherwise the balls wouldn't have been coming through for the runners to score). Even Frimpong knows to "track your runners" but our disorganised back four seem to be at a loss.
I dunno - I've kind of given up hope - we've got another footballing lesson to take from the effin Germans next - what is the world coming to?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:23 am

jpr60 wrote:Have to say I'm in denial. I truly thought we'd beat Spuds as usual - give 'em a goal or two and score four or five. When Bayle scored I said, "Good, Bayle's got his goal" fully expecting us to go out and score a few of our own. When we let the midget in to score I must admit feeling a touch worried but all through the game I thought we'd win, right up 'til near the end when I was feeling disappointed cos we'd only be coming away with a point - but we lost, apparently. We lost to the effin Spuds?!?!
Terrible defending but not too bright at closing down in midfield either (otherwise the balls wouldn't have been coming through for the runners to score). Even Frimpong knows to "track your runners" but our disorganised back four seem to be at a loss.
I dunno - I've kind of given up hope - we've got another footballing lesson to take from the effin Germans next - what is the world coming to?

Blimey, even the eternal optimist has given up. No
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:33 am

QBVILLA wrote:
jpr60 wrote:Have to say I'm in denial. I truly thought we'd beat Spuds as usual - give 'em a goal or two and score four or five. When Bayle scored I said, "Good, Bayle's got his goal" fully expecting us to go out and score a few of our own. When we let the midget in to score I must admit feeling a touch worried but all through the game I thought we'd win, right up 'til near the end when I was feeling disappointed cos we'd only be coming away with a point - but we lost, apparently. We lost to the effin Spuds?!?!

I've come to realise that we don't seem to be able to raise our game when motivation shouldn't be in question. We couldn't do it against Bayern (that was a real eye-opener for me) and we couldn't even do it against the Spuds (who really aren't a particularly good team, despite all the Bayle hype), which means we're seriously lacking in, I dunno, leadership/character - whatever. Something is missing (and it isn't RvP, or Fabregas) - the player quality is there (Wilshere, Cazorla, Podolski - even Giroud gives it a go) but the spirit is gone. We're in a massive trough right now and there's no knowing how or when we'll get out of it - it certainly won't be in Munich next week that's for sure!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:56 am

I watched it as a pure neutral and for me the difference was Dawson and Vertonghen. Had they been playing for Arsenal rather than Spurs then imo it would have been a comfortable Arsenal victory. Despite what you say about Bale, he is the best player in the league over the past three months. With both Bale and Lennon on the pitch playing at 45yrds was suicidal. For me when you have the pace of those two up against Mertesacker and co you simply defend the 18yd line first and don't leave any room in behind. Mertesacker has no problem defending facing the opposition's goal but get him turned and facing his own keeper and he's in big trouble. The second goal was IMO down to the left back letting Lennon run without even giving the sleepwalking Vermaelen a shout. Once players of that pace get a free yard you aren't going to catch them. For a manager of Wenger's experience to set his side up like this smacked of a lack of respect for the ability of the opposition. Ferguson wouldn't do that. Steve Bould may as well leave now as well. If he is doing his job, then he's shit. If he isn't being allowed to do his job then he'll have his repuation as a coach battered. For me AVB got his tactics spot on and Wenger was left wanting.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:09 pm

Lets get a couple of things straight here,,,,,, we score our goals you don't give them to us so balls to that....

The others thing here is tha you never looked like scoring especially in the second half.... If anything you were gifted a goal...

Buff said for now
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:13 pm

jpr60 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

I've come to realise that we don't seem to be able to raise our game when motivation shouldn't be in question. We couldn't do it against Bayern (that was a real eye-opener for me) and we couldn't even do it against the Spuds (who really aren't a particularly good team, despite all the Bayle hype), which means we're seriously lacking in, I dunno, leadership/character - whatever. Something is missing (and it isn't RvP, or Fabregas) - the player quality is there (Wilshere, Cazorla, Podolski - even Giroud gives it a go) but the spirit is gone. We're in a massive trough right now and there's no knowing how or when we'll get out of it - it certainly won't be in Munich next week that's for sure!

Well actually darlin wecareca good team.... We have a lot of vey good player

so again balls to you... Stop bing so one eye about it all
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:27 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:

Lets get a couple of things straight here,,,,,, we score our goals you don't give them to us so balls to that....

The others thing here is tha you never looked like scoring especially in the second half.... If anything you were gifted a goal...

Buff said for now

We're presumably forgetting the Ramsey strike that just cleared the far post (Theo would have buried that) and the Theo strike that arked narrowly wide................you Spuds were bricking it throughout the match, even you "knew" we'd win, as we usually do!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:07 pm

The thing is darlin you are living off past glories.... You haven't had thing all your own way in the past four or five years.... Previously yes but not now....

There was a saying when I worked in the city.... It was you are only as good as your last trade.... Translates well in to footy I think
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:19 am

FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

I think you had both eyes shut when you typed this
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:27 am

You have no leaders on the pitch.. the likes of Podolski Carzolla are good players but need a bit of steel and leadership next to them..

Its a downward spiral thats been gathering pace for a while now.. normally you make top four cus the rest are shite..

Man U pay RvP 200K and Wellbeck 30K without any rumblings.. while Arsenal continue to pay average shite 50-60K across the board instead of utlising the pay structure better..

Would be some irony if the year you have some serious money to spend and relax your wage structure your not in the Champions League..

But then again the players Arsene probably will go for will come without Champ Lge football..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:24 pm

Thing is I reckon English club football is at a pretty low level right now - ManU top team, but nowhere near a top ManU team of yesteryear. The rest, ManC, Tottingham, Chelsea, Arsenal - hardly capable of setting the world of international club football alight are they? The Arsenal are still in the CL, waving the flag for English football until we get our Arse handed to us on a plate in Munich next week! Some or all of the clubs can play well but consistently? No way.
So perhaps we have to go back to the drawing board to see what makes a good club great. Until we find the solution (which clubs like Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern seem to have found) we'll be missing out on the level of dominance our top clubs used to enjoy. It clearly (thankfully) ain't just about money!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:17 pm

Football evolves.
Barcelona are now playing tippy tappy with no movement off the ball.
Loads of possession but little at the end of it. Looking a lot like The Arsenal back and forth across the 18 yard box with no penetration.
You cannot stand still.
The German teams will now be the dominant force until someone else moves on tactically.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Reddi! Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:53 am

villanfromluton wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

I think you had both eyes shut when you typed this

Or got Marky to do the typing! bounce
Reddi!
Reddi!

http://www.yma-associates.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down