JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a matter of time?

+4
ADRIAN_1976
jpr60
jak
QBVILLA
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Just a matter of time? Empty Just a matter of time?

Post  QBVILLA Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:34 am

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4179300/Roberto-Mancini-Get-me-Robin-van-Persie.html

Or do you reckon Van Persie will buck the trend and show some loyalty?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Just a matter of time? Empty Re: Just a matter of time?

Post  jak Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:23 am

It depends entirely on what The Arsenal's plans are in the transfer market this summer.
If there's the intent to build a stronger team around him, he'll stay.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:15 am

I think RvP likes life at The Arsenal and, since he's having a good season as captain will be open to signing a new contract (assuming he's offered some incentive to stay - rumours are he'll get a big cash bonus, similar to what kept Henry on board). Should he decide to leave I doubt it'll be for another English club - he could go to Spain where the likes of Real Madrid or Barca would be an attraction.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:49 am

jak wrote:It depends entirely on what The Arsenal's plans are in the transfer market this summer.

Lot of talk that Padolski is a done deal.. Ramsey Wilskshire and the Ox make a fantastic three in midfield.. add Padolski and Rvp.. Vermaelen is a top top defender and Szczesny is looking a top keeper..

Arsenal aren't far off IF they can add good players to the bench and a top ball winner.. Scot Parker would've been perfect.. don't know why you weren't in for him..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:06 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
jak wrote:It depends entirely on what The Arsenal's plans are in the transfer market this summer.

Lot of talk that Padolski is a done deal.. Ramsey Wilskshire and the Ox make a fantastic three in midfield.. add Padolski and Rvp.. Vermaelen is a top top defender and Szczesny is looking a top keeper..

Arsenal aren't far off IF they can add good players to the bench and a top ball winner.. Scot Parker would've been perfect.. don't know why you weren't in for him..

You and me both.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:51 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

Let's just hope you never get a job in the club shop putting names on the shirts Very Happy
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:53 am

RvP has to look at the bigger picture IMO. Like Cesc before him he must want to actually win something and just because he's had a great season he can't overlook another failed season for AW. Personal achievement aside I think he'll be looking to go to a top club in the summer.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:59 am

Personally i think that at 28 if City offer him a significant inrease in his already mega wage, then he'll go.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:33 pm

I'm pleased you and Villainies think that. You aint been right since the old king died. Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:53 pm

villainies wrote:RvP has to look at the bigger picture IMO. Like Cesc before him he must want to actually win something and just because he's had a great season he can't overlook another failed season for AW. Personal achievement aside I think he'll be looking to go to a top club in the summer.

He's already at a Top Club!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:04 pm

jpr60 wrote:
villainies wrote:RvP has to look at the bigger picture IMO. Like Cesc before him he must want to actually win something and just because he's had a great season he can't overlook another failed season for AW. Personal achievement aside I think he'll be looking to go to a top club in the summer.

You know what I mean jaypers, a club that wins trophies.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:55 pm

Laughing Laughing

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:05 pm

villainies wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Ok - your definition of a "Top Club" is a club that wins trophies.

ManU : won 19 titles, 11 FA Cups
Liverpool : won 18 titles, 7 FA Cups
Arsenal : won 13 titles, 10 FA Cups

By your definition The Arsenal are a Top Club in England.

My definition of a "Top Club" - The Arsenal.
Where were we ten years ago? Where are we now? Where will we be in five years, ten years? In the top division, challenging for trophies, well managed, a viable business with excellent sporting ethics, a club run with pride.
ManU are clearly a "Top Club" too although there are some worries over the way the business is currently being run..

Compare those with what some people are calling "Top Clubs" today :
Chelsea : Five years ago - in good shape (thanks to a billionaire taking over). Five years hence? Who knows? The billionaire owner might walk away....
ManC : Five years ago - nowhere. Five years hence - ditto Chelsea.

RvP can win trophies at Arsenal. He can, of course win trophies in Spain or, perhaps in Italy. The Dutch are good travellers so, as I said before, I could see RvP going to another country but not another English club.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:14 pm

jpr60 wrote:
villainies wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Where were we ten years ago? Where are we now? Where will we be in five years, ten years? In the top division, challenging for trophies, well managed, a viable business with excellent sporting ethics, a club run with pride.
ManU are clearly a "Top Club" too although there are some worries over the way the business is currently being run..

Chelsea : Five years ago - in good shape (thanks to a billionaire taking over). Five years hence? Who knows? The billionaire owner might walk away....

RvP can win trophies at Arsenal. He can, of course win trophies in Spain or, perhaps in Italy. The Dutch are good travellers so, as I said before, I could see RvP going to another country but not another English club.

Of course in the grand scheme, Arsenal are a top club. But right now they have lost their way. Not a sniff for 7 years, which is a long time given they were winning left, right and centre not too long ago. Given how long RvP has left to play at this level all I'm saying is it's likely he will go to a club more likely to pick up a pot or two.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:15 pm

You can't really use Arsenal 10 years ago, then the other clubs 5 years ago as a fair comparison. Arsenal 5 years ago were exactly the same place as they are now. Better than most, but not good enough to win silverware. You've stagnated while the likes of Chelsea and Man City have vastly improved themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:04 pm

villainies wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
villainies wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Of course in the grand scheme, Arsenal are a top club. But right now they have lost their way. Not a sniff for 7 years, which is a long time given they were winning left, right and centre not too long ago. Given how long RvP has left to play at this level all I'm saying is it's likely he will go to a club more likely to pick up a pot or two.

How can you say we've not had a sniff? We've had a sniff most seasons, we've not won anything but we've been in with a shout. If Villa were in the same position as The Arsenal, you'd be alot happier than you are now. In fact you'd be cock-a-fecking hoop !!!!!!! Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:16 pm

No point in comparing it to the villa Jak. Rvp would've left 3 yrs ago
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:29 am

QBVILLA wrote:No point in comparing it to the villa Jak. Rvp would've left 3 yrs ago

But you wouldn't have signed him till three years time. Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:36 pm

More like 7yrs time Sad
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:59 pm

I think better days are just around the corner for Villa. Have faith the Aussies are on their way. I mean look what the Argies done for the other Claret and Blues. Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:57 pm

jak wrote:I'm pleased you and Villainies think that. You aint been right since the old king died. Very Happy
king

QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:10 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
jak wrote:I'm pleased you and Villainies think that. You aint been right since the old king died. Very Happy
king

king
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:30 pm

The king is dead, long live the king
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:01 pm

Yalk about kicking the poor people when they are down, shame on you yam yam and vidal
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:14 pm

Ah come on join in, it's fun
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next