JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Big Match

+5
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
Ringo
villanfromluton
QBVILLA
jpr60
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Another Big Match - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Big Match

Post  Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:35 pm

jpr60 wrote:
mikeyff wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
mikeyff wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
mikeyff wrote:Jack Wilshere was awful as was Fabregas and Sagna.

Almuina Koscielny Djoru and Clichy were class.

diaby, van persie, nasri were anonymous

I'd agree with most of that, except I thought Wilshere put in a fair shift - he was what little we had of a midfield, given that the others weren't up to much.
I believe Fabregas and Nasri aren't 100% fit which might explain their relative absence from proceedings.
I acknowlege that Wilshere put in a good shift work rate wise but he kept trying to run the ball out of defence and kept losing it. his passing wasn't great eithe

I think its more a show of barcelonas excellence rather than wilsheres ability that made him play so poor.

We were played off the park, no question. We still could've won the tie with that Bendtner chance (put in by Wilshere) but hey, the best team won despite rank bad refereeing and a general niggly feeling that whilst Barca are The Best they've got a couple cnuts in their squad!
i despise bendnter.

i know its all hypothetical but just imagine if it was van persie instead of bendnter on the end of that chance...i think we would be celebrating one of the greatest victories in arsenals history.

Well yes, but it's water under the bridge now. Onwards and upwards, eh?!
aye Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:37 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
Tilton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
Tilton wrote:Why do you keep saying it's the 'Arsenal Way'?

It's the same for every club.

"The Arsenal Way" is a self-deprecating view of being a Gooner - we always expect the worst, even when things are going well and we always manage to make hard-going of anything positive that might happen. It's got nothing to do with any other club, I'm not whingeing I'm being self(and Arsenal)-critical!

Most fans of most clubs will say the same thing. And fans of most clubs have got more to moan about than Arsenal fans have.

Challenging for the title most years, Champions League, Cup Finals.......................

Poor old Arsenal. Doing it the hard way? Yeah, right.

Arsenal fans really don't know when they've got it good.

I believe you're not quite aware of what I mean. Did you see (or read) "Fever Pitch"?
Arsenal have scored the first goal at Anfield - they need two to win the title. The Gooner moans along the lines of "Typical bloody Arsenal, scored one but won't score another! Why do I support this bloody team, every year it's the same............etc". That's a Gooner anticipating the worst, seeing the worst-possible scenario for him.

Are you saying that other fans don't act like this? I'm always like that at matches, it pisses my mate of no end.

Exactly.

It's not 'The Arsenal Way' at all. It's the same for everybody and most fans have more reason to be pessimistic than Gooners.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:46 pm

Mark west ham man wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
Tilton wrote:Why do you keep saying it's the 'Arsenal Way'?

It's the same for every club.

"The Arsenal Way" is a self-deprecating view of being a Gooner - we always expect the worst, even when things are going well and we always manage to make hard-going of anything positive that might happen. It's got nothing to do with any other club, I'm not whingeing I'm being self(and Arsenal)-critical!

to be fair jpr...west ham fans say that a lot too....oh west ham won....yes the west ham way ...ie the hard way

I dont think it is to often to be honest.....
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3