JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big week ahead

+7
jak
MrMagoo
Ringo
ADRIAN_1976
Tilton
FrenchSpur
jpr60
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Big week ahead Empty Big week ahead

Post  jpr60 Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:41 pm

Liverpool, Tottingham and Bolton - The Pool at home, the other two away. Nine points are needed, no question.
Nine points doesn't necessarily mean anything other than we are going for it, anything less than nine points at this stage means we're handing the Premier League title to ManU. Great to be focussed, eh? C'mon Arsenal - let'em'ave it (and I don't mean ManU - that comes later)!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Big week ahead Empty Re: Big week ahead

Post  FrenchSpur Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:17 am

Well I guess the three points from the last game will be a consolation for you then..

Laughing Laughing
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:30 pm

Damn, You managed to get one point from the scousers... I am going to take a wild stab in the dark and say that you wont be getting the 9 points that you so desired

Shocked Shocked
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:29 pm

I think that us beating them in the League Cup Final at Wembley was the start of their demise in all competitions.

Arsenal simply aren't good enough to win the Premier League title in the 2010/2011 season.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:42 pm

Gary Cahill and a midfeilder like Scott parker is all there away from winning it.. there not skint and those two players dont play for Barca..

Noone to blame but themselves!!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:01 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:Damn, You managed to get one point from the scousers... I am going to take a wild stab in the dark and say that you wont be getting the 9 points that you so desired

Shocked Shocked

Knowing The Arsenal, we'll beat Tottingham away then lose to Bolton - logical innit?!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:12 pm

jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:Damn, You managed to get one point from the scousers... I am going to take a wild stab in the dark and say that you wont be getting the 9 points that you so desired

Shocked Shocked

Knowing The Arsenal, we'll beat Tottingham away then lose to Bolton - logical innit?!

My thoughts exactly.

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:46 pm

Tonight's game will decide if we maintain our currently slight chance of overhauling ManU or not.
As a veteran of '71 (where I was one of the thousands shut out at White Hart Lane and had to listen on the radio as we sealed the championship with that Ray Kennedy header) I can state quite clearly that if we can't beat Tottingham we don't deserve to be champions. So here we are, still in with a very slim chance. ManU left the door ajar last night so we can either kick it wide open or have it slammed shut in our faces again, but this time, finally.
Over to you Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:14 pm

Tilton wrote:I think that us beating them in the League Cup Final at Wembley was the start of their demise in all competitions.

Arsenal simply aren't good enough to win the Premier League title in the 2010/2011 season.

Liar

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:29 pm

Well,
Unusually, the gooners lead 1-3 against the spuds.

jak & JPR can't believe their luck and frenchie has discovered the taste of gin.
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:30 pm

Ooopssssss
2-3
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  MrMagoo Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:32 pm

sounds like a good game
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:52 pm

Its only half time and it looks like a lot more goals to come.
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:16 pm

Penalty!!

3-3
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:12 pm

Not good enough to beat our North London neighbours = not good enough to win the Premier League.
Hugely disappointing - OK we had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside which would have had us 4-2 up but who's to say we'd have been able to maintain the lead - that's something that we have shown we simply cannot do.
The match against Newcastle and the two matches against Tottingham have cost us the title this year - matches where we've been unable to maintain a hold on the game for 90 minutes.
Oh well, always next season............................................

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:01 pm

jpr60 wrote:Not good enough to beat our North London neighbours = not good enough to win the Premier League.
Hugely disappointing - OK we had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside which would have had us 4-2 up but who's to say we'd have been able to maintain the lead - that's something that we have shown we simply cannot do.
The match against Newcastle and the two matches against Tottingham have cost us the title this year - matches where we've been unable to maintain a hold on the game for 90 minutes.

I think your lot need a change of personnel... Whether that is players or managerial staff.
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:50 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:Not good enough to beat our North London neighbours = not good enough to win the Premier League.

I think your lot need a change of personnel... Whether that is players or managerial staff.

Well, I'm hearing people say that the manager should be replaced, I'm hearing others say that we need a player clear-out.
However :
1) I fail to see where this Wonder Manager who will do better than Wenger is and
2) although I'd be the first to agree that someone, somehow needs to get hold of the players and tell'em how to grow some (Martin Keown, Tony Adams, Dennis Bergkamp - practically any of our former regular players could give the current group a few lessons IMO) I'm loathe to criticize the actual capabilities of most of the squad.
Thing is we're second/third in the table - not far away from the team(s) in front - how can you improve by dumping the manager and clearing out the staff? Get the players mind-set back to the "One-nil to The Arsenal" days and we'd be streets ahead of all the other teams IMO.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:53 pm

jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

Well, I'm hearing people say that the manager should be replaced, I'm hearing others say that we need a player clear-out.
However :
1) I fail to see where this Wonder Manager who will do better than Wenger is and
2) although I'd be the first to agree that someone, somehow needs to get hold of the players and tell'em how to grow some (Martin Keown, Tony Adams, Dennis Bergkamp - practically any of our former regular players could give the current group a few lessons IMO) I'm loathe to criticize the actual capabilities of most of the squad.
Thing is we're second/third in the table - not far away from the team(s) in front - how can you improve by dumping the manager and clearing out the staff? Get the players mind-set back to the "One-nil to The Arsenal" days and we'd be streets ahead of all the other teams IMO.

often a bit of decent new blood with a new hunger to win can spark the established players to raise their game.
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:35 am

jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

However :

1) jpr, you and I go back a long way with The Arsenal. We've seen many barren years and we know what a massive transition Wenger bought about at our club. So no knee-jerk reactions from me.
Wenger does need to realise that he has stood by players that are, clearly to most observers, not good enough.
I don't want to see Wenger leave but he does need to look at his petulant behaviour that is making him look a fool, too often now.
2)You could not instill into this team the "One-nil to The Arsenal" days. The mix is simply not right. We have too many 'samey' flair players. Of course we're not far away but that's what's so bloody frustrating. The will to defend is just not there in so many of the squad. We've needed a no nonsense, strong centre back for too long now. What were we doing fecking about with Silvestre? Then Squilacci? That for me says a lot about Wengers mindset, Ferguson must have been laughing his bollocks off. We play with a squad that has no back up for Song (maybe Song should be the back up if we sign the right player), how can you expect to win when you're drafting in the likes of Denilson?
We seem to have found a decent keeper but how long did we persevere with the other two hapless dickheads? Embarassing!!!!
Rosicky is a cheat who is prepared to hide in a game, going through the motions, he has contributed nothing to our club.
It shouldn't take so long to suss these players out!!
So, we need a goalkeeper, a centre back and a holding midfielder who can boss a game.
The tragedy is that if Wenger had addressed these issues earlier, I think we would have dominated the PL over the last few years, instead of throwing it away time and time again.
Wakey Wakey Arsene!!!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:41 am

jak wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

However :

1) jpr, you and I go back a long way with The Arsenal. We've seen many barren years and we know what a massive transition Wenger bought about at our club. So no knee-jerk reactions from me.
Wenger does need to realise that he has stood by players that are, clearly to most observers, not good enough.
I don't want to see Wenger leave but he does need to look at his petulant behaviour that is making him look a fool, too often now.
2)You could not instill into this team the "One-nil to The Arsenal" days. The mix is simply not right. We have too many 'samey' flair players. Of course we're not far away but that's what's so bloody frustrating. The will to defend is just not there in so many of the squad. We've needed a no nonsense, strong centre back for too long now. What were we doing fecking about with Silvestre? Then Squilacci? That for me says a lot about Wengers mindset, Ferguson must have been laughing his bollocks off. We play with a squad that has no back up for Song (maybe Song should be the back up if we sign the right player), how can you expect to win when you're drafting in the likes of Denilson?
We seem to have found a decent keeper but how long did we persevere with the other two hapless dickheads? Embarassing!!!!

Rosicky is a cheat who is prepared to hide in a game, going through the motions, he has contributed nothing to our club.
So, we need a goalkeeper, a centre back and a holding midfielder who can boss a game.
The tragedy is that if Wenger had addressed these issues earlier, I think we would have dominated the PL over the last few years, instead of throwing it away time and time again.
Wakey Wakey Arsene!!!!!

Knew you couldn't get through it without mentioning Denilson
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:12 am

Is it too late for Arsene? He could've spent some money last summer and probably won some pots and hung onto Cesc. If he can't hang on to Cesc this summer then I foresee more barren times ahead.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:26 pm

I felt that this would be Cesc's final hurrah at The Arsenal and hoped that he'd go out on a high or that, if we won something of consequence (CL or Premier League) he might decide to stick around a while longer - we'll have to see what transpires. If he does go, well "Thanks and farewell" would be my attitude. I'll always love the player and hope his return to the club he came from turns out well for him.
That would leave us with Young Jack Wilshere and Aaron Ramsey as the midfield kingpins. Having been amazed at how well Wilshere's done in his first season I expect his second season may not be as good but longer term he is, without doubt, "The Business". Ramsey, I hope will prove that a bad injury has been overcome and will continue to be the dynamic, forceful player he was pre-injury. I just hope he'll avoid the follow-on weaknesses that seem to have blighted the careers of Eduardo and Diaby following similar destructive injuries.
I'd like us to sign a midfield enforcer - I certainly don't mean Joey Barton but I reckon Scott Parker would be ideal (sorry Hammers). Much as Song has come on he still doesn't have that dynamic that someone like Parker could bring.
I fear that Samir Nasri might leave. He wouldn't have had we won something this year but since he's not signed a new contract I've a feeling he could be tempted by offers from Italy. However, I hope I'm wrong. I know he likes London - he claims to love the club - so perhaps he's just looking to get a better offer from Arsenal (fingers crossed).
I hope that Chamakh will prove to be the striker he started out to be this season and will form an attack partnership with RvP, who has been asked to do quite a lot alone this time around IMO. AA staying would be fine with me too.
Next season's gonna be a tough one - if things work out (and that includes Vermaelan back in defence on a regular basis and Sczesny proving to be the keeper us Gooners think he is) I think we'll be in with a shout.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:30 pm

Didnt realise that about Nasri, thought he would play in the Fabregas role when he goes. He was superb when Fabregas was out earlier in the season. Do think you need an experienced keeper and another centre half for sure and Scott Parker would be a great signing for you
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:04 pm

jpr60 wrote:I felt that this would be Cesc's final hurrah at The Arsenal and hoped that he'd go out on a high or that, if we won something of consequence (CL or Premier League) he might decide to stick around a while longer - we'll have to see what transpires. If he does go, well "Thanks and farewell" would be my attitude. I'll always love the player and hope his return to the club he came from turns out well for him.
That would leave us with Young Jack Wilshere and Aaron Ramsey as the midfield kingpins. Having been amazed at how well Wilshere's done in his first season I expect his second season may not be as good but longer term he is, without doubt, "The Business". Ramsey, I hope will prove that a bad injury has been overcome and will continue to be the dynamic, forceful player he was pre-injury. I just hope he'll avoid the follow-on weaknesses that seem to have blighted the careers of Eduardo and Diaby following similar destructive injuries.
I'd like us to sign a midfield enforcer - I certainly don't mean Joey Barton but I reckon Scott Parker would be ideal (sorry Hammers). Much as Song has come on he still doesn't have that dynamic that someone like Parker could bring.
I fear that Samir Nasri might leave. He wouldn't have had we won something this year but since he's not signed a new contract I've a feeling he could be tempted by offers from Italy. However, I hope I'm wrong. I know he likes London - he claims to love the club - so perhaps he's just looking to get a better offer from Arsenal (fingers crossed).
I hope that Chamakh will prove to be the striker he started out to be this season and will form an attack partnership with RvP, who has been asked to do quite a lot alone this time around IMO. AA staying would be fine with me too.
Next season's gonna be a tough one - if things work out (and that includes Vermaelan back in defence on a regular basis and Sczesny proving to be the keeper us Gooners think he is) I think we'll be in with a shout.

Agree with most of what you say but we need a British style centre half. I also don't think that Ramsey's injury was anywhere near as bad as Eduardo's or Diaby's, so his problem will be more of psychological recovery. I have high hopes for him.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:05 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
jak wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

However :

Wakey Wakey Arsene!!!!!

Knew you couldn't get through it without mentioning Denilson

Am I wrong? Wink

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next