JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big week ahead

+7
jak
MrMagoo
Ringo
ADRIAN_1976
Tilton
FrenchSpur
jpr60
11 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Big week ahead - Page 3 Empty Re: Big week ahead

Post  jak Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:39 pm

villanfromluton wrote:I thought Van Persie looked class yesterday when slightly deeper and agree with you. I agree Song has improved a lot, but still not sure he is top class which is what you need. Parker has been fit most of the season, think he would be a great signing for you. Vermeehlan I agree looks a good tough defender, shame he has been injured so long. There has been a lot of talk about Cahill, but I am not totally certain about him either. Also talk of Leighton Baines, is Clichy going then?

We've got two thirds of our squad who want to play in the hole behind the striker Very Happy. That's probably our major problem.
Vermaelen is a good defender but were we any better defensively last season? The stats don't say so.
I quite like Cahill and Leighton Baines is a better defender than Clichy, who has not fulfilled his potential.
We'll see but this summer must see some big changes, a number of our players have not deserved Wengers blind faith.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun May 01, 2011 8:34 pm

Pretty good performance today - a great first half, a goal then the usual "oh sh!te we're gonna give it away (again)" but overall I thought the lads did well. I'd had two minds about the game prior to the match - 1) It's no longer important for us; 2) Match against ManU should be good anyway - the latter won I'm glad to say.
Hearing that Cesc was out didn't exactly boost my confidence but at least it was a good test for Ramsey to see whether he was physically recovered and I have to say he passed his test well. He and Wilshere got stuck in from the first, Song had a game to remember and Theo looked very sharp for the first half. RvP put himself about (and reconfirmed my thoughts that he should be playing off a target man - Chamakh - if we want to get the best out of him), the defence did well enough with Szczesny bellowing out orders from the back (now that's what I like to hear).
ManU looked like they thought they could stroll it at first but we put them under a lot of pressure and I reckon Vidic was lucky to stay on the pitch. First he played a "gridiron football" block on Wilshere, taking him out when the ball was passed - a yellow in my book, not even a free kick according to the ref - then flicked a Theo ball off the head of RvP to prevent a goal, completely unseen by ref/assistants! OK that makes Vidic a true pro I suppose but I was glad it didn't give his team the points at the end of the match!
Oh yes and "One-Nil To The Arsenal" and "Eff off Rooney" were the best singalong moments!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun May 01, 2011 8:40 pm

Saw that block by Vidic, how the heck the ref didnt give a foul for that was beyond belief.

Didnt see the handball, the lad told me it was a certain pen, though you got lucky at the death when Owen was fouled.

Nice to see Ramsey play so well
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sun May 01, 2011 11:24 pm

Typical Arsenal.. when the pressures on they bottle it against Sunderland Liverpool Spuds Bolton et all..

When they have feck all chance they turn over United!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon May 02, 2011 3:28 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Typical Arsenal.. when the pressures on they bottle it against Sunderland Liverpool Spuds Bolton et all..

We turned over Chelsea at The Grove too. That's what makes being a Gooner "a touch" frustrating (I'm using a massive understatement here). In a season when none of the so-called "top clubs" have looked too tasty I would have expected The Arsenal to have done better against all the teams, especially the ones in the matches we had control of. But there it is. We have to strengthen a little - perhaps face the fact that we might lose our captain this summer (although it would be superb to have him on board at least another season or two) - but smack my legs and call me Daisy (should you so wish) I'm 100% sure this squad (after a tweak or two) with this manager are going to rule the Premier League very soon.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Mon May 02, 2011 4:58 pm

The thing is Daisy in the last few seasons you've had the chance to claim a title or two by just adding a couple of very gettable players and Wenger has chose not too!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat May 07, 2011 1:11 pm

jpr60 wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Typical Arsenal.. when the pressures on they bottle it against Sunderland Liverpool Spuds Bolton et all..

We turned over Chelsea at The Grove too. That's what makes being a Gooner "a touch" frustrating ()I'm using a massive understatement here. In a season when none of the so-called "top clubs" have looked too tasty I would have expected The Arsenal to have done better against all the teams, especially the ones in the matches we had control of. But there it is. We have to strengthen a little - perhaps face the fact that we might lose our captain this summer (although it would be superb to have him on board at least another season or two) - but smack my legs and call me Daisy (should you so wish) I'm 100% sure this squad (after a tweak or two) with this manager are going to rule the Premier League very soon.

Absolutely!!!!!! Wink

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun May 08, 2011 2:11 pm

Two nil to the rugby team cheers
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sun May 08, 2011 2:16 pm

dirty Arsenal elbowing Huth in the face and then injuring him Wink

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun May 08, 2011 2:19 pm

Did you see Wiltsheres challenge in the first half, shocking Wink

Sagna has just almost died on the pitch, cheating cnut Mad
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun May 08, 2011 2:20 pm

Even super mcinally has said dirty Arsenal Wink . 7 fouls to 1
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sun May 08, 2011 2:21 pm

he wasn't even touched Laughing

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sun May 08, 2011 2:23 pm

oo and now a nasty foul by bendtner on Pennant

This Arsenal team is very very dirty

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun May 08, 2011 2:25 pm

Another dirty foul, this time from Bendtner, dirty gits trying to spoil Stoke's big day at Wembley
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun May 08, 2011 2:32 pm

Dirty fceker Wiltshere, he should have been off by now. This is the dirtiest Arsenal team i have ever witnessed
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sun May 08, 2011 2:35 pm

bad challange, if that was Stoke Wenger would be going mental.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun May 08, 2011 2:45 pm

O U T C L A S S E D cheers
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun May 08, 2011 5:26 pm

MAGOO!!!! We seem to have mice.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun May 08, 2011 5:27 pm

Had a good day old man cheers
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun May 08, 2011 5:41 pm

Yeah had a reasonable day. Didn't see the football, we've got guests here at the mo but they're off on Tuesday so life can return to normal. Golf, golf and more golf. How you been? Had a roast?

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun May 08, 2011 8:17 pm

jak wrote:Yeah had a reasonable day. Didn't see the football, we've got guests here at the mo but they're off on Tuesday so life can return to normal. Golf, golf and more golf. How you been? Had a roast?

No, bloody takeaway pizzas as fceking in laws turned up Mad
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun May 08, 2011 9:34 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jak wrote:Yeah had a reasonable day. Didn't see the football, we've got guests here at the mo but they're off on Tuesday so life can return to normal. Golf, golf and more golf. How you been? Had a roast?

Never mind, plenty of calories there.
I'm terrified to get on the scales. We've had an old friend who used to live here in Spain, her husband died recently and she asked if she could stay with us for THREE weeks affraid What could we say???
All she wants to do is go round all her husbands favourite restaurants. So three weeks stuffing my face and no exercise, she's off home on Tuesday. So it'll be golf, gym, salad for the next week. Need to be in shape for my European tour starting on he 22nd. If not I'll have to go up to a 32" waist. affraid

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun May 08, 2011 9:38 pm

jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

Never mind, plenty of calories there.
I'm terrified to get on the scales. We've had an old friend who used to live here in Spain, her husband died recently and she asked if she could stay with us for THREE weeks affraid What could we say???
All she wants to do is go round all her husbands favourite restaurants. So three weeks stuffing my face and no exercise, she's off home on Tuesday. So it'll be golf, gym, salad for the next week. Need to be in shape for my European tour starting on he 22nd. If not I'll have to go up to a 32" waist. affraid

Gym, my arse. I'm surprised you have even heard of the name.

We had in laws round last night, the missus mums partner was well drunk and they dont get the hint about leaving, so were here till god knows what time. At least they left earlier tonight. Another european tour, am jealous about the golf Jak, the golf community there must be in mourning over Sevy
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Mon May 09, 2011 9:10 pm

Yeah. How sad. What a great bloke he was. A golfing legend.
I had a golf shirt signed by him. I've given it to a kids home to auction, in his honour.
The kids there really have sod all, so please God it'll help a bit.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Mon May 09, 2011 9:12 pm

Excellent Jak, you are a gent cheers
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content