JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wenger

4 posters

Go down

Wenger Empty Wenger

Post  FrenchSpur Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:46 pm

So peeps.....

Do you want Wenger out or do you think he should carry on and see where you end up at the end of the season ???? There seems to be a lot of people calling for his head.....
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Wenger Empty Re: Wenger

Post  jak Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:48 pm

Lion

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:41 pm

Actually I am interested in how you lot feel.... Still if you dont want to respond thats your perogative....
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:45 am

Lion

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:27 am

Fair enough you are in shock..... SO I will leave the subject until you have recovered somewhat
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:26 pm

"Wenger Out" eh?
To be replaced by who?
As I've said elsewhere we didn't go from being a good team a couple of months back to being a poor team today so I'm expecting rapid improvements, starting in Greece this week. If, at the end of the season we've had a really poor season - i.e. no (meaningful) trophies, no CL next season - then I would be open to looking at Guardiola as a possible addition to the Arsenal management team but aside from him, just who is there?
Wenger is intelligent, football-savvy and has done a lot for The Arsenal. None of the other managers, aside from Fergie who has worked wonders for ManU for years (but almost lost his job before the wonders were worked) are as good or, for that matter are in a more secure position with their respective clubs than Wenger.
It's the players that have to be worked on to produce the goods - Wenger now has to show that he still retains the man-management skills to do just that.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:26 pm

jpr60 wrote:"Wenger Out" eh?
To be replaced by who?
As I've said elsewhere we didn't go from being a good team a couple of months back to being a poor team today so I'm expecting rapid improvements, starting in Greece this week. If, at the end of the season we've had a really poor season - i.e. no (meaningful) trophies, no CL next season - then I would be open to looking at Guardiola as a possible addition to the Arsenal management team but aside from him, just who is there?
Wenger is intelligent, football-savvy and has done a lot for The Arsenal. None of the other managers, aside from Fergie who has worked wonders for ManU for years (but almost lost his job before the wonders were worked) are as good or, for that matter are in a more secure position with their respective clubs than Wenger.
It's the players that have to be worked on to produce the goods - Wenger now has to show that he still retains the man-management skills to do just that.

The problem is that this team seems capable of so much more. So why are they not producing?
For me we are lacking strength in midfield, Arteta did well, initially, in the defensive role but it is clearly not his position.
We have one centre forward. Gervinho is not good enough for the PL, he's 25 and has fundamental problems with his technique, if he was 21-22 sure you could look for improvement but if Gervinho is not more complete heading towards 26, I think it's fair to say he's not going to improve. Is he really better than Chamakh, I don't think so. Chamakh is on his way, so why not Gervinho.
Why did we think that things would be better for Diaby this season when he's not been right since that terrible leg injury?
Rosicky has been out for months too but when he returns, he's another small, physically frail player who can't hack the physical side of the PL and has no clue of what's expected of him defensively.
The nature of yesterday's defeat was distressing. We never raised a gallop. We always complain about teams parking the
bus but Swansea came to play football and they outfootballed us, big time!!!! The Arsenal were simply not motivated to win this game.
I've said before we seem, for a few seasons now, to tolerate players swanning around and not giving their all. You don't see that lack of effort from Man U players, why do The Arsenal tolerate it?
I'm a great admirer of Wenger, he's done a lot to transform The Arsenal and true we had a once in a lifetime team with the Invincibles. It's a big ask to come anywhere near that again.
There is no doubt now, in my mind, that we are going backwards. We have, on paper, a good team but a weak squad. The weaknesses have been apparent for far too long now yet far from being addressed they have been exacerbated by the sale of players. For instance, we had one defensive midfielder, Alex Song, we sold him and replaced him with a makeshift. Sure there may have been issues with Song but if you're going to out him, he must be replaced. We had one viable centre forward last year, Van Persie, we replaced him and still have only one viable centre forward and we try to make another out of Gervinho, whose one claim to fame is his ability to run up blind alleys while disappearing up his own arse. Rolling Eyes
I could go on and on.
Anyway, the thing we must ask ourselves is, if the team we fielded yesterday were good enough to beat Swansea but were not motivated to do so, as they clearly weren't and there are a number of occasions in the recent past when you could say the same. Then the time must surely have come when the motivator must come under the microscope.
I have been a staunch supporter of Wenger but I'm afraid that the man seems to be so wrapped up in his own ideas he can't see when they're not working. He has major issues to address in the January window and if they're not answered then, I think the time will have come when Wenger must go.
Who's a better manager? I doubt it would be difficult to find someone who could cajole more than 21 points from a possible 45 out of the players we have got. They just need a rocket up their arse to do better than that, despite the obvious weakness of the back up. Wenger has simply refused to see what is plain to so many!!!

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:36 pm

Jak, you know I am not your biggest fan, in fact I think you are a twat, but fair play to you, that is a real good post
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:06 pm

It's from the heart, Luton. That same heart that you have just so scarred, I've always viewed you as my most ardent fan. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:28 pm

Perhaps I am your biggest admirer, but I do think you are a twat of the Ades and Villanies order. I wonder what the agenda at Arsenal is at the moment, you should be thrashing teams like Villa and Swansea all the time.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down