JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Being Blues

4 posters

Go down

Being Blues Empty Being Blues

Post  Tilton Thu May 08, 2014 1:14 pm

I'm Blues, I am. And proud of it.

Last Saturday at Bolton was what being a Blues fan is all about. The dramatic way we avoided relegation, in injury time of the last game of the season led to an outpouring of emotions, the likes of which haven't been seen since we battered Arsenal in the Cup Final.

The sight of Paul Caddis, rising like a salmon, to power the ball into the Bolton net started a party that the inhabitants of that particular grim Northern town could only watch in awe. I realise that it's not that hard to impress somebody from Bolton, but it was pretty spectacular.

The shit we've had to put up with on the pitch this season was forgotten (for a day or two) as we basked in the glory of staying up at the expense of the footballing powerhouse that is Doncaster Rovers. On goal difference. What a day.

Being Blues can be a curse aswell as a blessing. You never know what's going to happen. They put us through months of hell and then a day like last Saturday comes along. Imagine being a boring, safe mid-table side? Or a side that flirts with relegation every season but drags themselves clear with a few games to spare?

I wouldn't change it for the world.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Being Blues Empty Re: Being Blues

Post  jak Fri May 09, 2014 10:44 am

I'm pleased you're happy with your lot. Very Happy 

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri May 16, 2014 12:58 pm

Very happy, jak.

A wise old man told me one time, that happiness in nothing but a frame of mind. I hope when you come to measure my success, that you don't count my money, count my happiness.

You get me, homeboy?

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri May 16, 2014 9:32 pm

Can't you get yourself home? Shocked 

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Sat May 17, 2014 1:37 pm

Tilton wrote:I'm Blues, I am. And proud of it.

Last Saturday at Bolton was what being a Blues fan is all about. The dramatic way we avoided relegation, in injury time of the last game of the season led to an outpouring of emotions, the likes of which haven't been seen since we battered Arsenal in the Cup Final.

The sight of Paul Caddis, rising like a salmon, to power the ball into the Bolton net started a party that the inhabitants of that particular grim Northern town could only watch in awe. I realise that it's not that hard to impress somebody from Bolton, but it was pretty spectacular.

The shit we've had to put up with on the pitch this season was forgotten (for a day or two) as we basked in the glory of staying up at the expense of the footballing powerhouse that is Doncaster Rovers. On goal difference. What a day.

Being Blues can be a curse aswell as a blessing. You never know what's going to happen. They put us through months of hell and then a day like last Saturday comes along. Imagine being a boring, safe mid-table side? Or a side that flirts with relegation every season but drags themselves clear with a few games to spare?

I wouldn't change it for the world.

TRU DAT
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Thu May 22, 2014 12:35 pm

I still prefer it to supporting a club with delusions of grandeur, like yours.

You vilers need to get a grip on reality, son.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Thu May 22, 2014 6:34 pm

Tilton wrote:I still prefer it to supporting a club with delusions of grandeur, like yours.

You vilers need to get a grip on reality, son.

So YOU'RE villainies dad !!!!!!! That kinda makes sense. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri May 23, 2014 12:31 pm

No son of mine would have turned out like that, I can assure you  Mad

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri May 23, 2014 7:53 pm

You say that Tilts but I've got four sons, three Gooners-for-life and the last one supports effin' Leeds! Now I've never insisted on any of my young'ens to a) like football, b) play football or c) support The Arsenal but all of 'em did a and b pretty well but the last one went off course, I know not why. So, what I'm trying to say is that villainies could indeed be your son (although I wouldn't wish that on anyone)!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Fri May 23, 2014 9:41 pm

I think a Jeremy Kyle DNA test could sort it. Very Happy 

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:16 pm

jpr60 wrote:You say that Tilts but I've got four sons, three Gooners-for-life and the last one supports effin' Leeds! Now I've never insisted on any of my young'ens to a) like football, b) play football or c) support The Arsenal but all of 'em did a and b pretty well but the last one went off course, I know not why. So, what I'm trying to say is that villainies could indeed be your son (although I wouldn't wish that on anyone)!

Ok, so one of your sons turned out a bit odd. Luckily you've got 3 spares so it's not the end of the world. I follow your logic, but there is no way that the poncey viler villainies is related to me in any way, shape or form. Now stop it.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:17 pm

jak wrote:I think a Jeremy Kyle DNA test could sort it. Very Happy 

He's not getting any of my blood, blud.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down