JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Blues

3 posters

Go down

New Blues Empty New Blues

Post  Tilton Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:55 am

New season, new Blues.

A clearout over the summer and a load of new arrivals means that it's a drastically different looking Blues side this season. Gone are the last of the high earners and the multitude of loan players from last season. In their place, we've brought in a load of players that nobody's ever heard of.

But the signs, at this early stage, are promising. Certainly much more promising than at the start of last season. There seems to be more energy about the team, more organisation, more enthusiasm. I'm sure that a lot of that is down to the fact that these footballing nobodies have somehow ended up at such a massive club as ours. They're working their bollocks off and wearing the shirt with pride. For this, I salute them.

Fair play to Lee Clark (so far) aswell. He seems more sober this season. I don't know whether he's laying off the booze or if something has finally 'clicked' in his mental Geordie head, but he's actually picked the same team for 2 consecutive games. Not only that, he's picking players in their natural positions aswell. Astounding.

We'll lose plenty of games this season because, for all their hard work, the players we have are pretty short on quality. But if things continue as they are I reckon we'll avoid relegation again this season.

Finishing Position: 16th
One to watch: Big Clayton Donaldson

Tilton

Back to top Go down

New Blues Empty Re: New Blues

Post  jak Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:36 pm

Clayton Donaldson
Does he play in a kilt and is he a yes or no voter?

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:10 pm

No, he wears shorts - a kilt would not be permitted. I have no idea about his political allegiances.

He's banging the goals in though, as I predicted. He's up to 2 now........

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:02 pm

On Fire. Up to 3 now. Goal Machine.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:43 pm

Birmingham City, currently 20th in the table and playing Charlton this weekend. Are you, as my man Keith Richards would say, "Going down again"?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:13 pm

No chance with Big Clayton up front. Although he'd be in treble figures by now if he could shoot straight.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:02 pm

There's nothing wrong with Clayton's shooting. It's Specsavers he needs.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:40 pm

There's nothing wrong with Clayton's eyesight. It's shooting he needs.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:17 pm

Tilton wrote:New season, new Blues.

A clearout over the summer and a load of new arrivals means that it's a drastically different looking Blues side this season. Gone are the last of the high earners and the multitude of loan players from last season. In their place, we've brought in a load of players that nobody's ever heard of.

But the signs, at this early stage, are promising. Certainly much more promising than at the start of last season. There seems to be more energy about the team, more organisation, more enthusiasm. I'm sure that a lot of that is down to the fact that these footballing nobodies have somehow ended up at such a massive club as ours. They're working their bollocks off and wearing the shirt with pride. For this, I salute them.

Fair play to Lee Clark (so far) aswell. He seems more sober this season. I don't know whether he's laying off the booze or if something has finally 'clicked' in his mental Geordie head, but he's actually picked the same team for 2 consecutive games. Not only that, he's picking players in their natural positions aswell. Astounding.

We'll lose plenty of games this season because, for all their hard work, the players we have are pretty short on quality. But if things continue as they are I reckon we'll avoid relegation again this season.

Finishing Position: 16th
One to watch: Big Clayton Donaldson

Well, he just couldn't help himself after a promising start, and was thankfully sacked towards the end of October.

His mental Geordie head got the better of him (and probably the ale aswell) and he resorted to his old self after a few games. The same old shite that we'd seen before - ridiculous team selections and 'tactics'. The man is genuinely clueless when it comes to management.

He's probably the worst 'manager' we've had at the Blues in my lifetime. He was shocking.

Thanks for the memories Lee, you fecking twonk.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jak Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:23 pm

Lee? Even the name's a bit suspect.

jak

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:16 pm

New Blues Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQj1y0bSetT5dQeKL3_9ZmcwMCvV2Cb3z0ViANjnClHiXDVosK

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:30 pm

And meanwhile, Big Clayton moves up to 11 goals for the season after a hat-trick at the weekend.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down