JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Olympic Stadium

+3
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
QBVILLA
Ringo
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Olympic Stadium Empty The Olympic Stadium

Post  Ringo Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:15 am

I have just seen a picture of it now it has been completed.

It is in today's Sun newspaper(?).

Looking at it, The distance between the stands and the pitch seems vast.
I think any atmosphere will now be lost forever.
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

The Olympic Stadium Empty Re: The Olympic Stadium

Post  Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:10 am

Ringo wrote:I have just seen a picture of it now it has been completed.

At least there will be fresh air!

You're never satisfied are you Ringpiece. Brand new stadium which has been paid for by someone else and you still moan. No

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:45 am

Reddi! wrote:

You're never satisfied are you Ringpiece. Brand new stadium which has been paid for by someone else and you still moan. No

Not that he'll be affected anyway watching it on Sky
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:22 am

QBVILLA wrote:
Reddi! wrote:

He doesn't even pay for his TV license let alone Sky, its illegal streams all the way with Ringo.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:29 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
Reddi! wrote:

Er hem and me affraid

He doesn't even pay for his TV license let alone Sky, its illegal streams all the way with Ringo.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:23 pm

Joking aside I have just looked at the pics that Ringo is probably refering to and my god that is one huge gap between the pitch and seating, surely West Ham plan to move the seating closer then that, otherwise that will be one dead souless place on match days.

Oh and just seen this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12909326

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:39 pm

They hace said wh that is,,they will spend 10 mill or more putting retractable seats in

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:40 pm

A few points:

The last time Ringo owned up to going to a game, it was one of the cheap Carling Cup fixtures. He proudly boasted the next day that he'd booed LBM, and it seemed to "concentrate his mind". Great atmosphere,eh...........
Oh, we won 3-0 after extra time.

The club are looking at the seating arrangements in the new stadium, including retractable seating.

Spurs are chasing the OPLC, not West Ham. Will be funny if they get the decision overturned and become the new tenants - none of their fans want it, and Barry Hearn (lifelong Spurs fan) will either have to carry on whining about the PL threat to his club or shut up & look like a right c*nt. Personally, I don't give a shit, am happy to stay at the Boleyn Ground but will go to the OS if we have to.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:11 pm

There's always a negative reaction to change, that's part of being human. However, I think it's fair to say that moving from what has been your traditional ground - The Boleyn for you Hammers, Highbury for us Gooners - to a purpose-built stadium poses massive problems for the fans.
For us it was just up the road and The Grove is, without doubt a fantastic stadium - excellent facilities, "comfy" seats, superb view from wherever you're seated plus, of course the possibility to pack in 60-odd thousand fans, just like the old days! The downside is that we're a little bit back from the play, even at pitchside and those 60-odd thousand "fans" are dispersed around the stadium in numbered seats with the intrusion of a layer of corporate accomodation splitting the regular punters so that, in fact, we don't have 60-odd thousand fans at all. 60-odd thousand people watching (when they're not eating or drinking in the plentiful supply of bars, restaurants etc, in which case they can follow the match on the plasma screens inside) we do have, but fans, as such they're not.
I always remember the first time I was at The Boleyn (sometime in the early '60's) being amazed at just how close the touchline was to the supporters. That may have changed in recent years but being far away from the action is truly bad from a fans point of view, which looks to be the case at the OS. I recall watching a couple of matches at White City Stadium with a QPR-supporting mate when they moved there for a period when I was at school. It was horrible watching the match from distance across the running track. Whatever happens, you do not want that to happen!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:51 pm

Leaving The Boleyn will be a real wrench.
Crying or Very sad
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:08 am

Bedshammer wrote:A few points:

The last time Ringo owned up to going to a game, it was one of the cheap Carling Cup fixtures. He proudly boasted the next day that he'd booed LBM, and it seemed to "concentrate his mind". Great atmosphere,eh...........

The club are looking at the seating arrangements in the new stadium, including retractable seating.

Spurs are chasing the OPLC, not West Ham. Will be funny if they get the decision overturned and become the new tenants - none of their fans want it, and Barry Hearn (lifelong Spurs fan) will either have to carry on whining about the PL threat to his club or shut up & look like a right c*nt. Personally, I don't give a shit, am happy to stay at the Boleyn Ground but will go to the OS if we have to.

Thing is ringo cannot afford to go to many games being on the rock and role ...and he is trying but it aint easy when your are nearly hitting 60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:09 am

Mark west ham man wrote:

Thing is ringo cannot afford to go to many games being on the rock and role ...and he is trying but it aint easy when your are nearly hitting 60

Thought he was a bus driver?
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:12 am

QBVILLA wrote:
Mark west ham man wrote:

they relocated to Enfeild and from chadders where he lives...to enfeild at the time he needs aint goner happen

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:19 am

Mark west ham man wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
Mark west ham man wrote:

they relocated to Enfeild and from chadders where he lives...to enfeild at the time he needs aint goner happen

He could catch the bus
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:34 pm

Laughing

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:26 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Mark west ham man wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
Mark west ham man wrote:

He could catch the bus

What at 4 in the morning ,,,,he said he would need to catch 3 busses and one train sum ting like that...Oh and tilton Tosspot

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:59 pm

Its only 15 miles top whack, lazy fceker. Could he not get hold of an old banger (I dont mean Silks by the way)
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:21 pm

Laughing

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:25 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Its only 15 miles top whack, lazy fceker. Could he not get hold of an old banger (I dont mean Silks by the way)

so where does he get the dosh to buy a reliable old banger,,,Most companys pay by the month...unless i guess in extreme circumstances.,..i dont know iant lived there for years..Iant defending him...iam just saying...ask him not me

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:26 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Mark west ham man wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
Mark west ham man wrote:

He could catch the bus

Laughing Laughing Laughing

TBH, If Chadwell is where I think it is, close to Loughton, there isn't a lot of space between the two places.

Shame on you Ringpiece! No

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:26 pm

Mark west ham man wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
Mark west ham man wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
Mark west ham man wrote:

He could catch the bus

What at 4 in the morning ,,,,he said he would need to catch 3 busses and one train sum ting like that...Oh and tilton Tosspot

1. Chomp!

and

Mark west ham man wrote: so where does he get the dosh to buy a reliable old banger,,,Most companys pay by the month...unless i guess in extreme circumstances.,..i dont know iant lived there for years..Iant defending him...iam just saying...ask him not me .

He must have amassed a fortune in unpaid bets!

Last edited by Reddi! on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:29 pm

Reddi! wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
Mark west ham man wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
Mark west ham man wrote:

He could catch the bus

TBH, If Chadwell is where I think it is, close to Loughton, there isn't a lot of space between the two places.

same could be said for between your ears

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:33 pm

Mark west ham man wrote:
Reddi! wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
Mark west ham man wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
Mark west ham man wrote:

He could catch the bus

Laughing

Blimey Mark, I could read that without running it through a spellchecker!

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:38 pm

Mark west ham man wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Its only 15 miles top whack, lazy fceker. Could he not get hold of an old banger (I dont mean Silks by the way)

so where does he get the dosh to buy a reliable old banger,,,Most companys pay by the month...unless i guess in extreme circumstances.,..i dont know iant lived there for years..Iant defending him...iam just saying...ask him not me

for half the cost of a car wash he could get an old run around

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:38 pm

Reddi! wrote:
Mark west ham man wrote:
Reddi! wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
Mark west ham man wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
Mark west ham man wrote:

He could catch the bus

Laughing

Blimey Mark, I could read that without running it through a spellchecker!

so you should you thick tnuc...it's your words Tosspot Pick nose

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next