JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club statement: Roberto Martinez

+5
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
FrenchSpur
Tilton
villainies
Jay.P.A
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Club statement: Roberto Martinez Empty Club statement: Roberto Martinez

Post  Jay.P.A Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:52 pm

The Club would like to thank Wigan Athletic Football Club and its chairman, Dave Whelan, for their professionalism in dealing with our request to speak to Roberto Martinez.

Roberto's qualities as a young and aspirational manager ensured him of a position high on our short list of potential new managers.

Given that he had one year remaining on his contract at Wigan, we made an official approach through the proper channels, though we were aware of a commitment he had made to his Club to agree and sign a new contract following the final game of last season.

Roberto met with his chairman earlier this week and he has made the decision to honour his commitment to Wigan.

Therefore, we have not met Roberto and we have not had the opportunity to discuss the vacant managerial role with him.

We remain focused and are working hard to secure the best candidate for Aston Villa who will complement the Club's commitment to be true to our heritage, competitiveness and passionate fan base, and will have the new manager in place to prepare the players for the pre-season programme and next season's campaign.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2374417,00.html
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Club statement: Roberto Martinez Empty Re: Club statement: Roberto Martinez

Post  villainies Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:20 pm

Laughing bollox. He snubbed us plain and simple and that statement is our attempt at saving face.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:24 pm

Yep, it looks like the prospect of coming to you was less attractive than staying at Wigan.

A sad day for your club No

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:27 pm

Tilton wrote:Yep, it looks like the prospect of coming to you was less attractive than staying at Wigan.

A sad day for your club No

Tilts, its become a farce. I'm not sure anything other than appointing Moyes can redeem the situation. Lerner and co have handled this in the worst possible fashion.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:38 pm

I agree. Moyes would be about the best you could really hope for and I think he'd do well for you.

All of this speculation and stories of manager after manager not wanting the job has turned your club into a laughing stock though.

The whole country's laughing at you.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:43 pm

Tilton wrote:I agree. Moyes would be about the best you could really hope for and I think he'd do well for you.

All of this speculation and stories of manager after manager not wanting the job has turned your club into a laughing stock though.

I disagree. I think Learner is just trying to find the best person for the job. In doing so he needs to interview the candidates he sees as being the best for the job. I expect you will see loads more rumours until he finds the person who matches his ambitions.

I doubt he was expecting to have to do this interviewing for a while as he had Houllier in there doing the job.
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:44 pm

Tilton wrote:I agree. Moyes would be about the best you could really hope for and I think he'd do well for you.

If only we could have been relegated we wouldn't be on people's radar to mock Pick nose

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:46 pm

Gary McAllister knows the squad well, and the way Houllier wanted to take the club before he was taken ill...

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:47 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Gary McAllister knows the squad well, and the way Houllier wanted to take the club before he was taken ill...

Are you suggesting we appoint him as manager Mad

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:48 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Gary McAllister knows the squad well, and the way Houllier wanted to take the club before he was taken ill...

Are you suggesting we appoint him as manager Mad

Beggars can't be choosers. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:51 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:

If only we could have been relegated we wouldn't be on people's radar to mock Pick nose

It does occasionally have it's advanages.............. Very Happy

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:54 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:

I disagree. I think Learner is just trying to find the best person for the job. In doing so he needs to interview the candidates he sees as being the best for the job. I expect you will see loads more rumours until he finds the person who matches his ambitions.

I doubt he was expecting to have to do this interviewing for a while as he had Houllier in there doing the job.

So what is it that you're disagreeing with me about?

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:08 pm

Tilton wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

So what is it that you're disagreeing with me about?

The laughing bit... I dont think Learner is doing the search for a manager badly.
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:25 pm

Nah, everybody's laughing.

Do you really think that Lerner only thought about the possibility of getting a new manager in when Houllier announced he wasn't coming back? If he didn't start thinking about it as soon as Houllier was taken seriously ill then he needs his head looking at.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:32 pm

Tilton wrote:Nah, everybody's laughing.

Do you really think that Lerner only thought about the possibility of getting a new manager in when Houllier announced he wasn't coming back? If he didn't start thinking about it as soon as Houllier was taken seriously ill then he needs his head looking at.

Maybe just the lot from your side of town then... I think he is doing ok he just has a bored press giving out loads of advice
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed May 23, 2012 11:31 am

Jay.P.A wrote:The Club would like to thank Wigan Athletic Football Club and its chairman, Dave Whelan, for their professionalism in dealing with our request to speak to Roberto Martinez.

Roberto's qualities as a young and aspirational manager ensured him of a position high on our short list of potential new managers.

Given that he had one year remaining on his contract at Wigan, we made an official approach through the proper channels, though we were aware of a commitment he had made to his Club to agree and sign a new contract following the final game of last season.

Roberto met with his chairman earlier this week and he has made the decision to honour his commitment to Wigan.

Therefore, we have not met Roberto and we have not had the opportunity to discuss the vacant managerial role with him.

We remain focused and are working hard to secure the best candidate for Aston Villa who will complement the Club's commitment to be true to our heritage, competitiveness and passionate fan base, and will have the new manager in place to prepare the players for the pre-season programme and next season's campaign.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2374417,00.html

Remember this shite from last year? we're making the same fecking mistakes again. Faulkner hasn't got a f u c k i n g clue.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed May 23, 2012 11:45 am

I don't know why we need to release a statement saying someone isn't being considered for the job anymore..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed May 23, 2012 12:24 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:I don't know why we need to release a statement saying someone isn't being considered for the job anymore..

Ades. The signs aren't good. Last year we made a big move for Martinez and it backfired when he blew us out and had to try and save face with the above pile of shite. You'd think lessons would've been learnt but exactly the same thing has happened. OK Lerner and OGS have made an agreement that it was an informal chat so that they both save fave but only a fool would believe that. The offer was made, OGS took a few days to consider and said no. Another major feck up.

Lambert was there for the taking if they had gone for him straight off and is at least as good if not a better option than OGS but he now knows he's second choice and we may have lost him. They are making a habit of bad decisions.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed May 23, 2012 12:31 pm

villainies wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:I don't know why we need to release a statement saying someone isn't being considered for the job anymore..

Ades. The signs aren't good. Last year we made a big move for Martinez and it backfired when he blew us out and had to try and save face with the above pile of shite. You'd think lessons would've been learnt but exactly the same thing has happened. OK Lerner and OGS have made an agreement that it was an informal chat so that they both save fave but only a fool would believe that. The offer was made, OGS took a few days to consider and said no. Another major feck up.

Lambert was there for the taking if they had gone for him straight off and is at least as good if not a better option than OGS but he now knows he's second choice and we may have lost him. They are making a habit of bad decisions.

Are you saying QB and RoT are fools Suspect
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Wed May 23, 2012 12:33 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
villainies wrote:

We saw from Villainies last season with David Moyes that he knows better than anyone what goes on behind the scenes at Villa Park.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed May 23, 2012 12:35 pm

Didnt he give us an exclusive last night that OGS was starting 1 June
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed May 23, 2012 12:37 pm

Interesting situation thou.. i wonder what really happened.. it is a bit strange to fly over from States and fly someone in.. have a brief chat and then randy goes back to States and OSG Norway.. i wonder if the transfer budget and wage cap had something to do with it..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed May 23, 2012 12:37 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Didnt he give us an exclusive last night that OGS was starting 1 June

Similar to the one you gave me on text Wink your not his sauce are you Suspect
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed May 23, 2012 12:43 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
villainies wrote:

Gullible fools. cheers

He was offered the job, I seriously didn't expect him to turn it down though.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed May 23, 2012 12:44 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Interesting situation thou.. i wonder what really happened.. it is a bit strange to fly over from States and fly someone in.. have a brief chat and then randy goes back to States and OSG Norway.. i wonder if the transfer budget and wage cap had something to do with it..

more likely a chat with SAF
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next