JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paul Lambert..

+3
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
QBVILLA
ADRIAN_1976
7 posters

Go down

Paul Lambert.. Empty Paul Lambert..

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:05 pm

“Speculation about players is something you can never do anything about. That happens. It happens with managers as well and you can’t stop that,” he said. “If my players get linked with other teams there is not a thing I can do about that. It is the same situation about myself. It is extremely unfair with me being linked with Aston Villa when they have got a really good manager up there who is doing everything he can to stay in the league. It is an unfair comment for me to say anything on that.”

His statement today on links with the Villa job.. obviously can't read too much into it but he doesn't deny it too..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Paul Lambert.. Empty Re: Paul Lambert..

Post  QBVILLA Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:26 pm

I think he's destined for greater things than the villa job, unfortunately
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:30 pm

Yep we will be championship next season.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:35 pm

If and it is a big if, we stay up, reckon he would come if he was guaranteed some finances
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:38 pm

A few weeks back i predicted the following if Redknapp gets the England job:

Moyes to Spurs and Lambert to Everton
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:40 pm

Rodgers to spuds
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:14 pm

Was about to post this in the morning, Lambert is being lined up by Lerner IMO. Very strong speculation.

I hope we get him as our next manager. Him, or Martinez.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:33 pm

QBVILLA wrote:A few weeks back i predicted the following if Redknapp gets the England job:

I hope we can move quickly and get him in before that scenario happens..

Moyes would do really well at Spurs.. he's a top top manager..

As for us..Any of Lambert/Martinez/Rogers i would take..

ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:34 pm

IF Chelsea don't keep Di Matteo.. what's the verdict on him.. would you want him for us?

Last edited by ADRIAN_1976 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:35 pm

villanfromluton wrote:If and it is a big if, we stay up, reckon he would come if he was guaranteed some finances

His odds have plummeted today I think he'd definitely come to the Villa if asked, but still behind Martinez. Yes Martinez, the chap who blew us out last year and has been involved in back to back relegation battles. No
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:06 pm

No thanks to Martinez
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:10 pm

QBVILLA wrote:A few weeks back i predicted the following if Redknapp gets the England job:

Is the Everton job that much greater than the Villa job? I've always thought us on a similar level, plus he might get more money at Villa, and more scope for improvement on 17th than 7th, this is all of course if we stay up.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:26 pm

villainies wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:If and it is a big if, we stay up, reckon he would come if he was guaranteed some finances

His odds have plummeted today I think he'd definitely come to the Villa if asked, but still behind Martinez. Yes Martinez, the chap who blew us out last year and has been involved in back to back relegation battles. No

QBVILLA wrote:No thanks to Martinez

I think Martinez is a good manager, and would be a good fit for us. He set the foundation for Swansea, got them promoted to league 1 and, even though he's been involved with relagation battles with Wigan - he still hasn't been relagated with them. His Wigan side try to play attacking, positive football, so if he moves here, I reckon if he's backed in the transfer market, we could become a good, positive attacking side again. I think he's on a rolling contract at Wigan - and I think he's definitelty leaving Wigan at the end of this season.

Would prefer Lambert to manage us, but if he doesn't come then I'd hope we try for Martinez again.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:28 pm

I'd have said the same twelve months ago but trying to look at the Villa job objectively rather than as a Villa fan, it isn't the most attractive proposition. We're on a massive slide. No money for new players, a squad of underperforming players and a fanbase which is dwindling. Only the big contract on offer can swing it.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:32 pm

QBVILLA wrote:I'd have said the same twelve months ago but trying to look at the Villa job objectively rather than as a Villa fan, it isn't the most attractive proposition. We're on a massive slide. No money for new players, a squad of underperforming players and a fanbase which is dwindling. Only the big contract on offer can swing it.

McLeish still had £20 million to spend, a lot more than Moyes. We are on a slide, but almost having such a poor season under McLeish, could make us a more attractive proposition as there is scope for improvement. Person taking over from Moyes will have a very tough act to follow.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:50 pm

Lambert on the Villa link, he's got a sense of humour, I will give him that. I would say he want's the job. Very Happy

Lambert wrote:The former Celtic midfielder, 42, accepts transfer rumours about players and even managers is all part and parcel of the game, but insists reports suggesting he was being lined up by Villa owner Randy Lerner as a summer replacement for McLeish were unwelcome.

"Speculation about players is something you can never do anything about. It happens with managers as well and you can never stop that," the Norwich manager told a press conference.

"If my players get linked with other teams, there is not a thing I can do about that. It is the same situation about myself.

"However, it is extremely unfair with me being linked with Aston Villa when they have got a really good manager up there who is doing everything he can to stay in the league.

"It is an unfair comment for me to say anything on that."

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down