JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paul Lambert

+2
Jay.P.A
ADRIAN_1976
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Paul Lambert Empty Paul Lambert

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:44 pm

Get in a defensive coach ASAP. You haven't got a scooby how to organise a defence..

Battered silly at the back by a fourth tier team.. WTF is that about..

I fear us in the Saints game.. Relegation is a very distinct reality..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Paul Lambert Empty Re: Paul Lambert

Post  Jay.P.A Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:53 am

He's getting ALOT of stick tonight.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:44 am

Deservedly so.. The defence is abysmal and our CM isn't even good enough for Chsmpionship..

The PL and RL game plan has gone tits up..

We need to get players in sharpish even if its short term fixes to save us..

If the likes of M Villa Cissoko are a no go then get Placios in for the saints game..

If the defence and CM from tonight starts against Southampton then the likes of Guaston Ramirez and Lambert will destroy us..

We need CB LB 2xCM and AM.. Time to pull the cheque book out randy otherwise you can kiss goodbye to the 70M Sky money plus the hit of going down!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:09 am

The way Benteke let their centre half leave him for the third is disgraceful. Don't give me any of the shit about him only being a kid either. Anyone who has played the game know how to defend a set piece by the age of 10. That goal was purely down to desire, one player wanted it and the other wasn't bothered. The second was a joke as well. Baker following the ball out to the edge of the box leaving a 5 ft 8 left back defending at the near post is just rank bad play. On the night their keeper had a stormer and we missed plenty of chances but make no mistake Bradford fully deserved their victory. I'm hoping we'll look back to the point where they hit the bar as a turning point in this tie but with our inability to defend simple set pieces I honestly think the only way we'll get through will be to score five in the 2nd leg. Even if we managed to achieve the nigh on impossible we'd be in for a humiliation in front of millions of viewers at Wembley against either Swansea or Chelsea. I can take defeat, but that last night was lack of pride and fight. Something which is unforgivable at any level never mind supposed top level professionals. Lambert chose to sign these players, he chose the line up, he chose the formation, he is therefore accountable. I hope he ripped them to fecking shreds in that dressing room. Southampton up next at Villa Park in a game which could define our season. Win and we're in with a chance of survival, lose and I can't see us staying up. Fecking useless.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:15 am

Benteke is making a habit of losing his man at set pieces, though in general the defending at set pieces is awful.

I thought we started the game brightly, but as soon as they scored, we resorted to lumping the ball long, which was a fecking useless tactic with Benteke up top on his own. Bennett seems as if he has an awful lot to learn, both in defending and how to play a pass other than lump it long. As soon as we went 4-4-2, we looked dangerous, though why he stuck Gabby up top rather than Weimann I aint sure. Bent came on and missed a howler, wonder if he was more concerned about the clattering he was about to get. Seems he got a dead leg, so why not take him off after it became obvious he wasnt going to run it off. Weimann scored a goal and showed the attitude missing from many of his colleagues as he knew he was going to get hit. Then they got a third goal from another fecking set piece, just heard the lad who got the 3rd is on £200 a week. Says it all really.

As for the centre midfield, perhaps you can understand why the full backs in particular had little option but to hit the ball long, what a pair of clowns they were.

N'Zogbia may not be my favourite player, but at least he was trying to play football last night and looked interested.

Do not normally get wound up, but have to say that performance was a disgrace to Aston Villa Football Club. The players, manager and owner should be ashamed of themselves. Lambert was sitting on the touchline giving the impression he didnt give a toss. If he has given up hope, what chance is there for the players on the pitchwho are looking for guidance from him. I could accept the heavy defeats v Chelsea and Spurs, annoyed with the Wigan display and we were lucky at Swansea. Last night was one step too far. We need to be told what the intentions of the owner are now
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:15 am

Lads with that back four and Delph Bannan in midfield do u actually believe we can win..

More importantly do the players believe!!? I don't think they do.. We will need Saints to be awful and Benteke Weimenn to be shit hot..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:08 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Lads with that back four and Delph Bannan in midfield do u actually believe we can win..

More importantly do the players believe!!? I don't think they do.. We will need Saints to be awful and Benteke Weimenn to be shit hot..

No, they were all appalling last night. When are Dunne and Vlaar back? Lambert needs to admit he has fucked up.

I would try them all again when fit. Hutton, Vlaar, Dunne, Warnock Mad

Get Clark in the centre of midfield until we sign someone who might try and protect the back 4.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:32 am

Last nights performances was disgusting. It was probably the worst performance I've seen this season.

Beaten all over the park by a league 2 team.

The defence was pure shite, we couldn't defend to save our lives.

I thought after his MOTM performance on Saturday, Bennett had turned a corner, but no, he probably had his worst performance in a Villa shirt last night. Clark and Baker were out of position most of the time, and were being made to look like amateurs by their players. Lowton probably was the only one of out the back 4 to actually be putting a decent shift in.

Bannan and Delph, not good enough, end of.

I thought CNZ was doing alright, was trying to drive the team forward, but he needs to learn that he cant take on 3 or 4 men and then bang it in the top corner every time. He'd dribble it past 1 or 2 players, but then lose the ball and/or give away a foul when trying to get it back. Showed some signs of the Wigan N'Zogbia last night though, he was our biggest threat going foward.

We created a few decent chances and we should've scored a few goals. I don't know how the feck Bent missed from 2 yards. TWO YARDS. **** sake. Benteke should've had a bloody hat trick but kept shooting at their damn keeper the whole night. Won everything in their half in the air, won **** all in ours.

Gabby, anonymous. Didn't do anything except run down the wing and pass it back, didn't even attempt to cross it in. I can understand him being a bit shite after coming back from injury though.

Only person to come out with a bit of credibility is Andi Wiemann. At least he was trying to get something out of this game. Ran his socks off, even though he was playing out wide, he showed pure class for his goal.

All in all a terrible performance. Although all is not lost as we're only down by 2 goals, we could, and should turn it around at VP.

Southampton next - what a big game that is now. We can't defend to save our lives, and Southampton are on the up right now.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:00 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Lads with that back four and Delph Bannan in midfield do u actually believe we can win..

No, they were all appalling last night. When are Dunne and Vlaar back? Lambert needs to admit he has fucked up.

I would try them all again when fit. Hutton, Vlaar, Dunne, Warnock Mad

Get Clark in the centre of midfield until we sign someone who might try and protect the back 4.

To want them back just goes to show what a total F up we are right now.. shambles Mad

Vlaar and Dunne are not coming back this Saturday.. so we have no choice but to play Baker and Clark in the middle Sad Lowton i actually think is a good player but the lads confidence has been destroyed playing in that joke of a back four.. a young player taking the step up needs help from experienced players not been thrown in the deep end.. i feel sorry for him..

The biggest question that needs to be answered is that after seeing the state of our back four and knowing K EA is away in Jan ( not that he has done much ) why does it seem we aren't close to bringing anyone in for the Southampton game.. is there money available.. or was Lerner trying to get away without forking out if he could.. will a battering by Southampton make him panic buy.. obv we don't know what's happening behind the scene so we can only speculate but we are in deep trouble and seriously staring down the barrel yet we from the outside it seems we aren't making any attempts to reverse the slide
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:48 pm

Yes, the Southampton game is worrying me. However looking back on last night, saying how shite the midfield were, all of the goals were from set pieces, and two down to individual mistakes from Baker and Bentekke.

Anyway, I've just brought a ticket for the 2nd leg at Villa Park, hopefully we will get a few down there as Bradford have all the up North and the usual away part in the Doug Ellis.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:24 pm

I'm starting to think we should bring Warnock back into the side.

Play him at left back or put him in front of the back four.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:34 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:I'm starting to think we should bring Warnock back into the side.

Shocked
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:07 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote:I'm starting to think we should bring Warnock back into the side.

Shocked

I must confess, I did think we should as well, however after remembering how rubbish he was last season, and his attempted own goals for about 3 games on the trot, along with his through ball for Dyer for Swansea and the other **** up's he made, I have realised I was still pished from last night.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:02 pm

To be fair, the performance of Bennett last night was as inept a performance seen by a left back since I came out of retirement to perform for St Joes veterans XI in 2007. He was fooking useless
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:04 pm

villanfromluton wrote:To be fair, the performance of Bennett last night was as inept a performance seen by a left back since I came out of retirement to perform for St Joes veterans XI in 2007. He was fooking useless

I definitely saw worse from Warnock last season.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:28 pm

Bottom line we need players.. third of the transfer window gone and we have done fcuk all..

DISGRACE.
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:30 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:To be fair, the performance of Bennett last night was as inept a performance seen by a left back since I came out of retirement to perform for St Joes veterans XI in 2007. He was fooking useless

I definitely saw worse from Warnock last season.

I honestly thought Bennett was awful, especially considering the opposition. I know it is difficult to pass short with the clowns in centre midfield, but he was just hoofing up long just about every time he had the ball. I know confidence must be low, Lowton was doing similar from the other side and I quite rate him, but his defending was shocking. That said, Gabby did feck all to assist him in the first half.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:31 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Bottom line we need players.. third of the transfer window gone and we have done fcuk all..DISGRACE.

That is bollox, we have made ourselves look a total bunch of c**ts, the stick I have had in work today, even from females who have never talked football before, has been unbelievable Jeff
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:37 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Bottom line we need players.. third of the transfer window gone and we have done fcuk all..

DISGRACE.

Bit harsh, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

Rumours of Dale Stevens signing soon on Villatalk and Twitter
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:05 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Bottom line we need players.. third of the transfer window gone and we have done fcuk all..

DISGRACE.

Just what we need, another player with no Premier League experience.

We NEED a centre half that can help the youngsters and hold the line, and a central midfield that will protect the defence.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:14 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote:

DISGRACE.

Just what we need, another player with no Premier League experience.

We NEED a centre half that can help the youngsters and hold the line, and a central midfield that will protect the defence.

Exactly and we needed them in for Saints game.. Would take a 0-0 right now!
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:44 pm

Stick the Zog at left back. He used to play there for Newcastle.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:49 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Stick the Zog at left back. He used to play there for Newcastle.

Would that be a good idea though?

Hasn't played there in 5/6 years, and he can't tackle.

Wasn't great at LB for Newcastle either. I'd stick Enda Stevens there if possible. Totally marked Valencia out of the game when we played Utd.

What's happened to Luke Young at QPR? not even in the match day squads! Bring him back I say! Switch Lowton to the left and Young on the right.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:08 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:Stick the Zog at left back. He used to play there for Newcastle.

Would that be a good idea though?

Hasn't played there in 5/6 years, and he can't tackle.

Wasn't great at LB for Newcastle either. I'd stick Enda Stevens there if possible. Totally marked Valencia out of the game when we played Utd.

What's happened to Luke Young at QPR? not even in the match day squads! Bring him back I say! Switch Lowton to the left and Young on the right.

Good idea to play N'Zogbia at Left back? Truth is I don't know. However, what I do know is we get raped down that flank whether it's Bennett,Stevens or Lichaj playing there so maybe it's a case of desperation suggesting the lazy frog. No
Luke Young has been out injured and the reason he left us in the first place was due to wanting to return to London so it aint gonna happen.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:41 pm

How long is Westwood out for.. haven't read anything about his injury etc
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content