JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a matter of time?

+4
ADRIAN_1976
jpr60
jak
QBVILLA
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Just a matter of time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Just a matter of time?

Post  villanfromluton Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:44 am

Who needs RVP when you have Podolski anyway, in Wenger they trust
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:47 pm

Podolski and Giroud, not to mention The Ox, Theo, young Jack coming back - it's looking pretty rosy from where I'm sitting.
RvP? We'll miss him of course, but not as much as we missed Cesc in the past - we'll be fine. As I said to my eldest son yesterday (he was - and I mean WAS - a huge RvP fan), we'll get by with young committed Gooners in the team - the future looks bright - Wilshere, Frimpong - they're the type of players you need, they love the club and they're proud to wear the shirt!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:02 pm

JP, heard Stewart Robson on radio last night and he was asking who are these great young players who have come through. Wilshere for sure, Gibbs maybe but injury prone, who else really have they actually brought through in recent years. If you think either of the two new signings can compare to RVP, I fear you are going to end up disappointed
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:46 pm

Think the time has come JP where you just accept that the players don't love the club. They're in the game for themselves and that is that.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:40 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Think the time has come JP where you just accept that the players don't love the club. They're in the game for themselves and that is that.

I'd like to think that loyalty remains a factor for some players, especially those who have had the benefit of being brought into the game with a club at the top level. If it really is only about money then whoever has the most cash will simply cream off all the players - the likes of ManC and Chelsea will have no competition, that can't be right for the game.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:10 pm

That's the way it is and every club benefits from it. Vermaelen, Podolski,Walcott etc all came from smaller clubs with far less finance. It's the pyramid of football. A pyramid which Arsenal were at the top of not so long ago. Arsenal fans weren't particularly worried about the good of the game when they were handing Sol Campbell £100k a week ten years ago. A wage which in 2012 only four or five clubs can afford to pay. Can't have it all ways.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:12 pm

jpr60 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:Think the time has come JP where you just accept that the players don't love the club. They're in the game for themselves and that is that.

I'd like to think that loyalty remains a factor for some players, especially those who have had the benefit of being brought into the game with a club at the top level. If it really is only about money then whoever has the most cash will simply cream off all the players - the likes of ManC and Chelsea will have no competition, that can't be right for the game.

No JPR its not right for he game as you say but nevertheless it is still true. Players are in it for the money. Look at Modric... We brought him in when nobody had heard of him. Looked after him when he broke his leg.. First sign of money and off he goes.. No loyalty...

Just take a look at the Scottish league to see what happens when money dominates... The only thing the EPL has going for it is that it has a high profiles aand there are load of rich people who want to splash a bit of cash for some sort of false glory...
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:08 am

Perhaps it'll take a Rangers-style explosion at the top of English football to change the "Money-Rules" concept - I'm hoping (but not holding my breath) that the new financial fair-play rules might make a difference eventually.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2