JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West Ham v Villa

+8
Ringo
ADRIAN_1976
roadoftrinity
villainies
villanfromluton
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
Bedshammer
QBVILLA
12 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

West Ham v Villa - Page 5 Empty Re: West Ham v Villa

Post  MrMagoo Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:59 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Does anyone know how long Cole is out for?

By the way, I notice no Villa fan has mentioned their penalty being given for a great header by da Costa. The ref was shit for both teams.

Having gone right over the top of the player. David Moyes was right behind me and said it was a stonewall pen.

ohhhhh hark at you and your name dropping!!!!!!!!
MrMagoo
MrMagoo
Da Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:00 pm

villanfromluton wrote:

By the way, I notice no Villa fan has mentioned their penalty being given for a great header by da Costa. The ref was shit for both teams.

Having gone right over the top of the player. David Moyes was right behind me and said it was a stonewall pen.

No way, it was a cracking header by a player who looked 5x better than he did against City. Not sure where Lion got his "ball-playing defender" idea from, the amount of times he hoofed it up the park...

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:01 pm

Magoo, he threw a prawn sandwich to me in the cheap seats, but the rabid rabble fought me for it and won.
West Ham v Villa - Page 5 Icon_mad
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:10 pm

I mentioned it.

Anyway, interested to know how you can say Heskey was shite if you only watched the second half? Which bit were you lieing about?

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:11 pm

I saw him jump up and kick one of our players in the head, despite the fact our play was standing tall, thats called high foot and dangerous play, anywhere else on the field and its a freekick, how you can argue then that it wasnt a penalty is slightly bemusing. And it wasn't scored anyway so there is nothing to be scrutinised about the desicion from a West Ham side.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:11 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

No way, it was a cracking header by a player who looked 5x better than he did against City. Not sure where Lion got his "ball-playing defender" idea from, the amount of times he hoofed it up the park...

Good header it may have been, but you are not allowed to knock someone over to do it. Watching it afterwards in the bar, almost to a man they agreed it was a definite penalty, unlike the one that dopey twat gave West Ham. Considering the bar was predominantly hammers fans, that is saying something
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:14 pm

And then that bad old Rob Green went and saved the penalty........

Lutes, on another note it sound like you really enjoyed last night. I'm really pleased to know that despite everything that goes on with them, the club can still give good hospitality. Was Duxbury there?
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:21 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

Good header it may have been, but you are not allowed to knock someone over to do it. Watching it afterwards in the bar, almost to a man they agreed it was a definite penalty, unlike the one that dopey twat gave West Ham. Considering the bar was predominantly hammers fans, that is saying something

What was he meant to do?
"Oh excuse me Mr Collins, but I'd like to head the there round thing. Would you mind stepping out the way please?"
Collins wasn't moving to win the ball, and da Costa put in a brilliant header to win it. If that's a penalty then we might as well start playing non-contact.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:29 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

What was he meant to do?
"Oh excuse me Mr Collins, but I'd like to head the there round thing. Would you mind stepping out the way please?"
Collins wasn't moving to win the ball, and da Costa put in a brilliant header to win it. If that's a penalty then we might as well start playing non-contact.

Jesus he kicked a man stranding up in the head, thats a high foot dangerous play anywhere on the field and therefore a penalty.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:32 pm

Given that Collins is 6ft 4 i've got to say that Da Costa has got one hell of a leap on him
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:34 pm

There's no such thing as a high foot law, only dangerous play. Which off the top of my head states something like a "free kick should be awarded if any action is committed with an opponent nearby and prevents the opponent from playing the ball for fear of injury." If Collins had jumped for the ball, he would've beaten da Costa in the air with ease. The only thing stopping him from jumping was himself.

But Young missed, and we won so who cares. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:52 pm

EZ, I agree about the header, there no love lost in war and Collins should have made his presence felt, making sure every time da costa came near he has got one eye on the ball and the other on Collins and thinking how hard he's going to get smacked this time.

So yes i agree, Villa last night gave a master class in how to play pussy footy instead of hitting West Ham hard and going for it, and not having seen any West Ham games this season, so of the top of my head, i would bet that most teams that have beaten Hammers this season have done so because they have denied them possession and time on the ball, pinning them back.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:54 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Given that Collins is 6ft 4 i've got to say that Da Costa has got one hell of a leap on him

That caused a lot of comment last night. Amazing.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:55 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:There's no such thing as a high foot law, only dangerous play. Which off the top of my head states something like a "free kick should be awarded if any action is committed with an opponent nearby and prevents the opponent from playing the ball for fear of injury." If Collins had jumped for the ball, he would've beaten da Costa in the air with ease. The only thing stopping him from jumping was himself.

But Young missed, and we won so who cares. West Ham v Villa - Page 5 Icon_wink

He didn't miss. Green saved it.
Says Little Miss Picky.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:00 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:There's no such thing as a high foot law, only dangerous play. Which off the top of my head states something like a "free kick should be awarded if any action is committed with an opponent nearby and prevents the opponent from playing the ball for fear of injury." If Collins had jumped for the ball, he would've beaten da Costa in the air with ease. The only thing stopping him from jumping was himself.

But Young missed, and we won so who cares. Wink

I'll have to disagree as I've seen plenty of free kicks given for high foot, even when a foot has made contact with a head of someone stooping to head the ball and tbh in those circumstances its there own fault for putting there head down on the floor. Anyway regardless if Collins challanged for the ball or not you cant kick somone in the head, not to mention gaining an unfair advantage to win the ball by standing on his back, its a clear foul, inside the box and clearly a penalty. And since it didnt turn into a goal anyway it seems pretty pointless you making your self out to be a one eyed prick in order to defend it. As for your rule on touching I bet you want moaning everytime a freekick was given for Carew standing next to any of your players, never mind kicking them in the head.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:09 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

What was he meant to do?

Absolute nonsense
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:46 pm

Definite penalty for me. Da Dogsnob was so far off the ground and completely out of control, he may have got the ball but he definitely got the man. Dangerous play if nothing else.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:48 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Thats three defeats to teams who will finish bottom 8 IMO.. We have done really well against the top teams.. think the problem is we lack creativity.. and we def need to find another midfielder who can create and a striker who can score, besides Gabby.. Think Carew has been a disgrace this season.. soooo much ability and he has done nothing.. Heskey wide left says it all..

As RoT said they didnt deserve to lose last season.. so it happens.. shame really cus with Liverpool looking shite 4th was on again but dont seem to have the quality to get it!!!

Too true. I hope we can start having some sensible discussions about our limitations now rather than thinking everything is going to plan.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:02 pm

Villainies, I think part of the Villans reaction to last night's game is because they do thuink they are the better team. We got a similar reaction when we held Arsenal to a draw a couple of weeks ago.

Did you get a ticket for the game, by the way?

PS. You spelt Costa wrong, silly. I'm still impressed that anyone can jump that high without a springboard. A skill to be utilised in the right way, maybe.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:14 pm

Bedshammer wrote:Villainies, I think part of the Villans reaction to last night's game is because they do thuink they are the better team. We got a similar reaction when we held Arsenal to a draw a couple of weeks ago.

PS. You spelt Costa wrong, silly. I'm still impressed that anyone can jump that high without a springboard. A skill to be utilised in the right way, maybe.

what are you saying beds Suspect

You have to admit though we was all over you, it was a far easier game to win then last season, when I think you played very well. Our players deserved to lose for not taking advantage of what was a fairly week team infront of them.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:21 pm

Bedshammer wrote:Villainies, I think part of the Villans reaction to last night's game is because they do thuink they are the better team. We got a similar reaction when we held Arsenal to a draw a couple of weeks ago.

I obviously didn't see the West Ham v Villa game last night but when we lost the two points to your lot the other week we were easily the better team for 80% of the game - I remember thinking (and later stating) that that was the worst Hammers team I can recall seeing and I go back a long, long way. Presumably you were better last night, I don't know but West Ham didn't so much as hold Arsenal to a draw, we dropped a couple of points and you picked them up!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:33 pm

jpr60 wrote:

I obviously didn't see the West Ham v Villa game last night but when we lost the two points to your lot the other week we were easily the better team for 80% of the game - I remember thinking (and later stating) that that was the worst Hammers team I can recall seeing and I go back a long, long way. Presumably you were better last night, I don't know but West Ham didn't so much as hold Arsenal to a draw, we dropped a couple of points and you picked them up!

Basically thats exactly how we all fee about last nights game.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:41 pm

AVFC, I dont think Villa were all over West Ham. Thought we had the better of the first half and were more than unlucky to go in behind, but I was still confident of getting a win as had seen nothing from West Ham to suggest they could score a goal, unless the ref gave them a helping hand.

Second half we started off very well, but the last 30 minutes was a different story and I felt West Ham deserved a draw. It wasnt a bad game, though we again didnt play anywhere near to our potential.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:50 pm

Well, I'm going to get all profound here.

Points is points and we got 3 last night. Ithangkyow.
West Ham v Villa - Page 5 Fresse
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:53 pm

I think it's funny how if a struggling team wins when they played poorly it's a lucky win and a sign they're going to struggle even more, but if a team doing well wins despite a poor performance it's a sign of a good team...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next