JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad Luck....!!!

+5
Avfc_4eva_Sotc
Ringo
villanfromluton
roadoftrinity
ADRIAN_1976
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Bad Luck....!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad Luck....!!!

Post  Ringo Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:36 pm

Never forget......

I did say not so long ago that its not beyond the realms of impossibility that we could be looking down at Villa at christmas Laughing
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:42 pm

Ringo wrote:Never forget......

I did say not so long ago that its not beyond the realms of impossibility that we could be looking down at Villa at christmas Laughing

You wouldnt be able to look down at a 4 year old, fceking dwarf Very Happy
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:44 pm

Gotta be better than standing in the middle of the road and being treated as a roundabout!
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:45 pm

Ringo wrote:Gotta be better than standing in the middle of the road and being treated as a roundabout!

You dozy little bollox Very Happy
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:48 pm

Touche! Razz
Ringo
Ringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:16 pm

Gutted with the goal today, really couldn't have come any later and we had so many chances to put the game to bed,if we had only had some strikers on the pitch! Delfuenso just goes to show he is no where ready, missed a couple of good chances and don't think I saw him win a single header from the long ball.

The rest of the kids though looked excellent, Bannan and Albrighton are quality and Clarke looks excellent in Midfield, I like ReoCoker but when he got injured we looked better in midfield with Clarke, he moves around much quicker is good on the ball and good at passing.

Great goal, fantastic control from Albrighton and a nice finish.

Really could have done with the 3 points today though, but its atleast a point away but we have to follow it up with a win against blackpool on wednesday.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:18 pm

Reo's out, yet ANOTHER ligament injury, maybe the same as Petrov, depending on the severity of it.

Albrighton's first touch was fecking class for his first goal, took it very well.

Pissed off that we drew though. 94th FECKING MINUTE AGAIN.
Jay.P.A
Jay.P.A

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:22 pm

AVFC, tad harsh on Delfuonso, thought he battled well today, lack of confidence in second half when he shot straight at the keeper, would have scored from the position in reserves no doubt. I think the future is looking brighter from what I saw today, Clark will be brilliant and Bannan was excellent in the middle. I thought NRC was our best player early on, but Clark added a bit of height, stength in the tackle, reminded me of a tall Alex Cropley. Atually said to some old guy on the way out the pass of Bannans reminded me of Alex Cropley as well, great left foot
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:34 pm

Well maybe the Reo injury gives Clark a chance to show if hes good to hold onto a place.. sometime its these chances that make a player what he is..
ADRIAN_1976
ADRIAN_1976

http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:35 pm

he doesnt score for the reserves and think even heskey would have put one of them away. He needs to go out onloan and start playing at a competative level.

Thought Ashley Young was poor today, the kids put him to shame as his first touch was awful, he only seemed to come alive in the last couple of mins, he needs to buck his ideas up.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:25 am

Only saw the highlights and from that i'd say it was our best performance since the frog was appointed.The young lads we have look great prospects and whilst Delfouneso should've scored at least one he got himself into the right positions to get the opportunities and his running off the ball shows real intelligence.Given a run in the side he'll get goals i'm sure of that.fulham had a couple of great opportunities as well.Friedel showed that he's still got it with that one on one save from Johnson, top drawer.As for their goal well that shows the problem with having the youngsters in the side.Albrighton had played well, took his goal extremely well but was drawn into a cheap foul by the Fulham lad, something he's going to have to learn from.After saying that we should've been home and dry by then and a player of Young's ability really should be burying those chances.Ireland showed in 5 minutes that he's a class act and if he can show Froggy the right attitude he'll be a real asset.Unlike the last few games we created clear chances yesterday so that has to bode well.The goals will come and a Villa side with Bannan (What a great ball that was for the goal by the way),Clark and Albrighton at least gives us some excitement but we won't be as successful as we have been in the last few years.The omission of Cuellar still baffles me but Houllier has his opinions and as he's the man in charge we'll have to trust in him, even if i think he's shit.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:52 am

Spot on QB, though have to say the centre backs did well yesterday, we rarely looked in trouble. I didnt see the one on one incident till last night as was busy retrieving my blackberry from the urinal Sad . Silly foul by Albrighton, looked even worse last night. I really think young Clark will be a top player, excellent shout by you of him playing midfield
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:00 am

villanfromluton wrote:Spot on QB, though have to say the centre backs did well yesterday, we rarely looked in trouble. I didnt see the one on one incident till last night as was busy retrieving my blackberry from the urinal Sad . Silly foul by Albrighton, looked even worse last night. I really think young Clark will be a top player, excellent shout by you of him playing midfield

First time i saw him play was start of last season against Fulham at home early in the season.I said to Reece then that he reminded me of Barry when he first came into the side alongside Southgate and Ehiogu.Cool on the ball and assured in possession.A rare quality in inexperienced centre halves.Obviously we're missing the injured players but if it gives the young lads a run of games to stake their claims then it's got to be a positive.Until now they've come in for a game then we haven't seen them again for weeks so it makes it even harder for them to establish themselves.IMO Petrov's best days are behind him now and i wouldn't be surprised if he's sold in the summer most likely to Newcastle when O'Neill takes over.Reckon Carew will also be moved on as well, hopefully Fonz will be able to do enough in the next month to make the frog think.Albrighton already is a first choice and whilst A.Young now seems to be wanting away the early season form of young Marc on one flank and Downing on the other will soften the blow if Young does leave.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:05 am

Plus if Young does move on, Ireland has the ability to play that free role IMHO. Showed some lovely touches in the few minutes he was on and reckon he would be the perfect foil for Gabby with through balls. An old boy on the way back to tube said exactly the same as you about Clark being like a young Barry. Was not impressed with Youngs attitude in first half, but did better after the break to be fair
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:09 am

villanfromluton wrote:Plus if Young does move on, Ireland has the ability to play that free role IMHO. Showed some lovely touches in the few minutes he was on and reckon he would be the perfect foil for Gabby with through balls. An old boy on the way back to tube said exactly the same as you about Clark being like a young Barry. Was not impressed with Youngs attitude in first half, but did better after the break to be fair

To be honest unless there is a dramatic turn around or Houllier leaves i don't think Ireland will be a Villa player after the summer,reckon the same applies to Cuellar as well.Two of our most gifted players IMO, but it's Houllier's that counts and he doesn't seem keen on either
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:18 am

QBVILLA wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Plus if Young does move on, Ireland has the ability to play that free role IMHO. Showed some lovely touches in the few minutes he was on and reckon he would be the perfect foil for Gabby with through balls. An old boy on the way back to tube said exactly the same as you about Clark being like a young Barry. Was not impressed with Youngs attitude in first half, but did better after the break to be fair

To be honest unless there is a dramatic turn around or Houllier leaves i don't think Ireland will be a Villa player after the summer,reckon the same applies to Cuellar as well.Two of our most gifted players IMO, but it's Houllier's that counts and he doesn't seem keen on either

And Carew, by all accounts.
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:23 am

QB, I still reckon Ireland could have a role to play, looks a good player to me and probably needs a bit of confidence instilled in him. Cuellar I dont get as he is a top player IMHO.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:24 am

Bedshammer wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

And Carew, by all accounts.

He has already got rid of Carew from Lyon and that really wouldn't be a surprise if he goes.On his day he's unplayable but the trouble is that comes once every 10 games.If he did it on a consistent basis he'd be playing for a top top club, similar i'd say to Kenwyne Jones in that respect.Got all the attributes but the hunger.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:25 am

By the way, isnt it nice how us Villa fans can have differing views, but it doesnt resort to bickering levels like on the Ammers board. We have thick cnuts as well (morning Reddi and AVFC), but they are treated with respect and their views are listened to, though not always agreed with.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:34 am

Tosspot

Dissapointed that MOTD didn't show some of our better chances to score in the 2nd half, but I suppose we was shown near the end, missed the great pass by Bannan to downing who put it across goal and fonz was just a foot away from and that one where he was almost 1 on 1 and looked like he forgot what to do in that position, I'll let him off on nerves for that one, but thats whats costing us points.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:39 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote: Tosspot

Dissapointed that MOTD didn't show some of our better chances to score in the 2nd half, but I suppose we was shown near the end, missed the great pass by Bannan to downing who put it across goal and fonz was just a foot away from and that one where he was almost 1 on 1 and looked like he forgot what to do in that position, I'll let him off on nerves for that one, but thats whats costing us points.

That's the downside to having the kids in AV,more experienced players recover from their errors quicker but to take the positive he was finding the right positions.Once he gets of the mark his confidence will rocket.Bannan's height will raise doubts because it seems an obsession these days to have 6ft midfielders.However, the kid has a real talent and i think he'll have a top career as long as he's lucky with injuries.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:41 am

You seem quite taken by Bannan QB, any reasons for that Very Happy
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:42 am

villanfromluton wrote:You seem quite taken by Bannan QB, any reasons for that Very Happy

Laughing
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:44 am

Not sure anyone will remember but on the old jwned I posted a thread after a reserve game where Bannan came on as a sub and I said he would be a star of the future, because of his size I thought he must have been 15 at the time though. He looked class yesterday, and despite being only 2ft tall he still tried to challange 6ft players in the air, amusing to watch Very Happy

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:46 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Not sure anyone will remember but on the old jwned I posted a thread after a reserve game where Bannan came on as a sub and I said he would be a star of the future, because of his size I thought he must have been 15 at the time though. He looked class yesterday, and despite being only 2ft tall he still tried to challange 6ft players in the air, amusing to watch Very Happy

I only recall you saying he was shite and would not make the grade. It was only QB who has been banging on about him since he first saw him Leatherman
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next