JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England line ups

+8
FrenchSpur
Reddi!
jpr60
roadoftrinity
villanfromluton
ADRIAN_1976
QBVILLA
villainies
12 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

England line ups - Page 5 Empty Re: England line ups

Post  villainies Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:02 pm

Rooney will get picked even though his performance last night doesn't warrant it. I do think that Roy will sub him though if he's playing shit on Sunday and hopefully would be bold enough to do it early in the second half rather than too late if he needs to. He was getting the basics wrong last night, giving the ball away far too cheaply but he got into the right plac to score the goal and thats what we might need against Italy too. Parker defends well but there it ends. A bat has got better vision than him and his passing is very limited. Its all very well 'working hard' but him and Milner both lack a bit of quality.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:02 pm

FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:08 pm

So Villainies, one poor game and we bin arguably our best player, you are having a laugh. He was lacking a bit of match practice and hopefully will be all the stronger for his outing last night in the game against Italy. What about your lover boy Wellbeck, shall we drop him for his performance last night as Carroll looked more effective when he came on?
villanfromluton
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:24 pm

villanfromluton wrote:So Villainies, one poor game and we bin arguably our best player, you are having a laugh. He was lacking a bit of match practice and hopefully will be all the stronger for his outing last night in the game against Italy. What about your lover boy Wellbeck, shall we drop him for his performance last night as Carroll looked more effective when he came on?

He looked very ordinary last night VfL. Like I said in another thread I'm glad he played as we need him to perform in future games but both Caroll and Welbeck have looked better in the previous two before he got back into the team. I think Roons has to be picked but also must be subbed sooner rather than in the last ten minutes if he is playing like that.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:31 pm

villainies wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:So Villainies, one poor game and we bin arguably our best player, you are having a laugh. He was lacking a bit of match practice and hopefully will be all the stronger for his outing last night in the game against Italy. What about your lover boy Wellbeck, shall we drop him for his performance last night as Carroll looked more effective when he came on?

He looked very ordinary last night VfL. Like I said in another thread I'm glad he played as we need him to perform in future games but both Caroll and Welbeck have looked better in the previous two before he got back into the team. I think Roons has to be picked but also must be subbed sooner rather than in the last ten minutes if he is playing like that.

Considering Carroll didnt play in the first game, that is some feat Very Happy

No, we have to have Rooney in the team on sunday. I agree with Jesus in that I would start with Carroll and perhaps then bring on Wellbeck when the game is stretched a bit more. Think Woy wanted to give Rooney as much game time as possible last night to get back in the swing of things.

villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:47 pm

Rooney probably scored more Premier League goals last season that the rest of the squad put together, certainly their wouldn't be much in it, and people on here wish he was injured or not playing?

Crazy, best chance we have of winning this tournament is if Rooney has a stormer, he was very poor last night, but you can guarantee that Italy would be more worried facing Rooney than Carrol or Wellbeck.

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:47 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
villainies wrote:

Considering Carroll didnt play in the first game, that is some feat Very Happy

No, we have to have Rooney in the team on sunday. I agree with Jesus in that I would start with Carroll and perhaps then bring on Wellbeck when the game is stretched a bit more. Think Woy wanted to give Rooney as much game time as possible last night to get back in the swing of things.

don't be a chopper, you know what I was saying.

I think he's got to put in a vastly improved performance. Its all very well being our 'best' player but last night he wasn't even close. He was feckin shite.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:00 pm

He is not the only one who needs to put in a vastly improved performance, though IMO he was as good as Carroll in the first game.
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:52 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:Well its not the best record out there is it ???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England_national_football_team#Top_goalscorers

Two goals away from becoming the 5th highest scorer in 150 years of English national football. Shocking record, I agree.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:

Two goals away from becoming the 5th highest scorer in 150 years of English national football. Shocking record, I agree.

Take a look at the goals per game stat though, its the worst one on there.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:33 pm

He is only there because he has played so many games. He has by far the worst goals per game there... As Strikers go he is under performing terribly....

As for him being our best player... Gerrard is much better and has been for a long long time... Even Fat Frank was better
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:38 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:

He is only there because he has played so many games. He has by far the worst goals per game there... As Strikers go he is under performing terribly....

As for him being our best player... Gerrard is much better and has been for a long long time... Even Fat Frank was better

Before the Euro's Gerrard had played 3 games in nearly two years. Embarassed

roadoftrinity

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:52 pm

Only due to injury..
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:10 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Gerrard has been excellent this tournament

Agreed. Performed like a proper captain and has wound the clock back five years

Yes
Bedshammer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:16 pm

This is laughable. Rooney was poor last night but we won and he scored the only goal. Rooney is still only 26 and has been England's talisman for the vast majority of the past eight years. If we are judging the players purely on yesterday then you could make a strong case for dropping half the team. However, once again i'd like to add that we won a game against the host nation and topped a group that two weeks ago people were saying we wouldn't even get out of. Unbelievable.
As for Parker i thought he was shit against Sweden but did well against France and Ukraine. When we are looking to stretch the play then he isn't the man but when we're looking to contain the opposition he does a fine job. If we are going to win it then it looks likely we'll be playing Italy, Germany then Spain so imo Parker will be vital.
For the Italy game i'd consider Jones alongside Parker in a 4-5-1 with Gerrard playing in an advanced role behind Rooney. Walcott and Carroll on the bench for the last 20 mins
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:06 pm

Our talisman who scored his first goal at a tournament since 2004! He wasn't poor last night, he was stand out terrible. The worst England player on the pitch in fact, making really basic errors. I'm glad he played as he needs to be sharp if we want go further in this tournament and I'm sure he'll start again on Sunday but I think its important that Roy subs him quickly if he plays like that again. He scored last night but he was a passenger, we can't have passengers from now on in. Time to step up Rooney.
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:20 pm

Wasn't he injured for the majority of world cup 2006? Who performed in world cup 2010? No fecker. We had to qualify you tit. As for worse player....... You think Milner and Welbeck did better? Young has been poor, but credit to him he played better for the last hour yesterday. You're a great example of what's wrong with English fans, too fecking dramatic. Chill out you large saggy breast, class is permanent form is temporary.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:33 pm

England v Italy on Sunday. I'm predicting a seriously physical encounter - could get really tasty if Balotelli starts (as in the game - it's a given that he'll "start"). Fact is Italy have too much skill on the ball for England, we'll have to knock'em about a bit and that could lead to some unpleasentness - could be a red-card bonanza!
Although I don't give us a prayer TBH Hodgson might just be able to work out a "they-shall-not-pass" scheme - in football, anything is possible.
The chances of the current England team beating Italy, Germany and Spain are pretty remote so - quarter finals, we done well IMO!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:15 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Wasn't he injured for the majority of world cup 2006? Who performed in world cup 2010? No fecker. We had to qualify you tit. As for worse player....... You think Milner and Welbeck did better? Young has been poor, but credit to him he played better for the last hour yesterday. You're a great example of what's wrong with English fans, too fecking dramatic. Chill out you large saggy breast, class is permanent form is temporary.

You are a right tart sometimes. Milner is starting because he works hard, yes he lacks quality but he never gives up and thats what he is in for and no one on the bench can offer that. We looked better as a team against the French and Swedes (both better teams than Ukraine) before Rooney came back into it. If Rooney has another shocker but we make it through is he autochoice for the semi too? Hopefully Roy isn't a big pussy like you and will make the tough decisions if needs be. Razz
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:20 pm

If i'm a tart then you are a big girly fish flavoured trifle who calls himself Dorothy on every second Tuesday.
QBVILLA
QBVILLA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:33 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Wasn't he injured for the majority of world cup 2006? Who performed in world cup 2010? No fecker. We had to qualify you tit. As for worse player....... You think Milner and Welbeck did better? Young has been poor, but credit to him he played better for the last hour yesterday. You're a great example of what's wrong with English fans, too fecking dramatic. Chill out you large saggy breast, class is permanent form is temporary.

Broke his foot and got hurried back into the team if I remember rightly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:35 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:

Gerrard has for the large of his England career, been very underwhelming. Also the players on that list, most are from an entirely different era. The only two it's fair to compare him too are Shearer and Owen IMO two of the best natural goalscorers of the last 20 years. Rooney offers so much more than just goals as well.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:44 pm

I think we should go 4-5-1 as well in the Italy game, or at least withdraw Rooney onto Pirlo and be a nuisance to him. Would go with Carroll up front. As JPR says, it could be a physical game and think Milner will be chosen again, personally I would like Walcott given a start. Cant believe anyone seriously considers Rooney should be left out. QB, I thought Parker was very average last night again, but to be fair, him and Gerrard are being outnumbered in the middle and this cant happen on Sunday
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:50 pm

Rooney on Pirlo would be a waste. Pirlo doesn't have any legs and Parker/Gerrard wouldn't give him time on the ball. 4-4-2, sit deep and use Young & Walcott's pace on the break and use Carroll to hold the ball. 4-5-1 would leave the striker isolated like against France.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:57 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Rooney on Pirlo would be a waste. Pirlo doesn't have any legs and Parker/Gerrard wouldn't give him time on the ball. 4-4-2, sit deep and use Young & Walcott's pace on the break and use Carroll to hold the ball. 4-5-1 would leave the striker isolated like against France.

If they have 2v3 in the middle, no way will they be able to not give him time on the ball
villanfromluton
villanfromluton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next