JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wn required!

+2
villainies
jpr60
6 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Wn required! - Page 6 Empty Re: Wn required!

Post  FrenchSpur Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:08 am

jpr60 wrote:Nice win - 4-1. Excellent goals, great performances with stand-outs Our Coq and Mesut, but everyone played well. Not sure where it'll leave us but as long as we keep winning we'll be good - come on Arsenal!

Did you see that great display from the spuds??? season ending I reckon
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:35 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:Nice win - 4-1. Excellent goals, great performances with stand-outs Our Coq and Mesut, but everyone played well. Not sure where it'll leave us but as long as we keep winning we'll be good - come on Arsenal!

Did you see that great display from the spuds??? season ending I reckon

Yes, it looks as if you've all nodded off (flip-flops already on?) - still, you're getting rid of Adebayor - even willing to subsidize his ridiculous wages to a willing buyer (isn't that how ManC off-loaded him to you?).
Back to l'Arse - we're in second place since ManC couldn't do the job at Selhurst Park last night (another bunch of over-paid slackers) - it'd be nice if we could maintain.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:16 am

Tough match at Burnley tomorrow. They always go out and give everything so it'll be a physical challenge for sure - we just have to trust that our recent form reflects where we are today (i.e. no hiccups) and take the three points to keep us in second place - come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:55 am

Three points it was, now for an FA Cup semi-final break at Wembley. Let's do this as it should be done, come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:12 pm

Arsenal are flying at the moment. Playing well.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:06 pm

Tilton wrote:Arsenal are flying at the moment. Playing well.

Yeah - just a shame the way we dropped points earlier in the season when we shouldn't have (I'm thinking, in particular losing to ManU at home when we should have had the match sewn up early doors) - we could've given Chelski a run for their money! Oh well, next season perhaps - meanwhile I'd be happy to finish second and defend our hold on the FA Cup this season.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:04 am

I'd be more than happy for Arsenal to win the cup, as it would mean that a certain other club didn't.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:13 pm

Managed to win - two goals from Alexis - into the final at the end of May so all well and good!
Next up Chelsea, who managed a 1-0 today against ManU which means they have a 10-point lead over us at the top - OK, we were never gonna catch 'em - it would be nice to cut 'em down nevertheless - come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:34 am

Well done to the Gooners for making their second cup final in two years
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:28 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:Well done to the Gooners for making their second cup final in two years

Very gracious of you Frenchie cheers

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:49 am

jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:Well done to the Gooners for making their second cup final in two years

Very gracious of you Frenchie cheers

I think you might have a bit of a shock with the Sherwood brigade they seem to be on the up
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:06 pm

Not too concerned with our opponents in the final TBH, we just have to play to our abilities and we're good enough to win. OK, it won't be that shower of sh!te we played in the league a while back - the worst team I've seen at The Grove for a long, long time - and Tactics Tim will be hustling and bustling to get his players up for it (who knows, they might be relegated by then) but I truly think we're in good shape these days. I'd just like us to put on a show, let everyone see just how good we are!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:45 pm

Very Happy
villainies
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:59 pm

Good to see you lot smiling again - well done Tactics Tim cheers - and there's no shame in losing to The Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:32 pm

I can't even remember what that feels like. It's been years since Blues lost to them....

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:49 pm

Tilton wrote:I can't even remember what that feels like. It's been years since Blues lost to them....

Only cos you got yourselves relegated in order to avoid the terrible havoc that we were gonna wreak on you for that diabolical league cup final result - don't worry, one day (in my lifetime?) you may be back in the top division and we'll getcha then - perhaps an FA Cup draw - one way or the other we owe you one. Meanwhile, be grateful you only have to face the likes of Leeds United week in, week out, eh?!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:18 pm

Oh yeah, that's why then.

I wonder if the vilers have still got the big 'Good Luck Arsenal' banner that they displayed at Vile Pork, before we destroyed you in the Cup Final?

I was thinking of borrowing it. On second thoughts, it didn't do them any good so maybe not.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:08 pm

So - Chelsea up next. Now that would be a nice match to win. I know we're not gonna win the title but I'd like to take Chelsea down, just as we used to on a regular basis. Come in Mourinho, your time is up!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:44 pm

The Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:41 am

Just the one point again - shame for us but it ain't the end of the world. Let's just hang in there and finish the season well, maximum points to finish second and retain that FA Cup, eh. Come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:53 am

I was forced to watch the game yesterday...... and I have to say it was a load of crap. The ref was useless how your goalie stayed on the pitch after poleaxing oscar is anyones guess
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:07 am

jpr60 wrote:So - Chelsea up next. Now that would be a nice match to win. I know we're not gonna win the title but I'd like to take Chelsea down, just as we used to on a regular basis. Come in Mourinho, your time is up!

Not with Jose in charge, no chance. Wenger has NEVER beaten Jose. Ever.

I think that says it all really.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:13 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:I was forced to watch the game yesterday...... and I have to say it was a load of crap. The ref was useless how your goalie stayed on the pitch after poleaxing oscar is anyones guess

The way I saw it, Oscar played the ball towards goal, Ospina was en route to intercept, collided with Oscar and that was it. Now, what if the ref had blown for a foul (after the ball was played) and given a pen, meanwhile the ball went into the net for a goal? There would be outrage - goal disallowed and penalty awarded. As it was we've got a tasty (and effin quick) defender who raced back to head the ball wide. So, no goal, no pen - for me it was the right call. Clearly the keeper was going for the ball, arrived late but the ball was already played so he didn't stop someone scoring, he just arrived late. I reckon the ref done good.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:52 am

You're on the wind up here, jpr, aren't you? Please tell me you are.

The ref doesn't have to blow for a foul as soon as your keeper flattens Oscar. He can wait and see if the ball goes in. He can then retrospectively take any action he deems necessary. It's called playing the advantage and the rule has been in force for a while..........

Your scenario of the ref blowing up, the ball going in, and Chelsea ending up with a pen instead of a goal doesn't need to happen. This is what the rule is for.

When the ball didn't go in, the ref should have called play back to the initial contact and awarded a foul against your keeper, meaning a penalty as it was inside the box. The keeper should also have been booked at the very least. It was a terrible decision by the ref. And I think you know it.

Also, by your logic, it's ok for a player to arrive late into a challenge and no action should be taken because "he just arrived late"? Let's see if the same applies next time an Arsenal player gets injured by a player "just arriving late" and the ref gives you nothing.........

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:48 pm

Tilton wrote:You're on the wind up here, jpr, aren't you? Please tell me you are.

The ref doesn't have to blow for a foul as soon as your keeper flattens Oscar. He can wait and see if the ball goes in. He can then retrospectively take any action he deems necessary. It's called playing the advantage and the rule has been in force for a while..........

Your scenario of the ref blowing up, the ball going in, and Chelsea ending up with a pen instead of a goal doesn't need to happen. This is what the rule is for.

When the ball didn't go in, the ref should have called play back to the initial contact and awarded a foul against your keeper, meaning a penalty as it was inside the box. The keeper should also have been booked at the very least. It was a terrible decision by the ref. And I think you know it.

Also, by your logic, it's ok for a player to arrive late into a challenge and no action should be taken because "he just arrived late"? Let's see if the same applies next time an Arsenal player gets injured by a player "just arriving late" and the ref gives you nothing.........

Clearly the Chelsea bloke played the ball - Ospina didn't in any way effect the ball that was played, so he didn't stop the bloke scoring (Belerin did, thankfully) - after which Ospina arrived, having gone for the ball. That's never a pen - it could be a yellow card but once, as a keeper you take off for a ball it's somewhat difficult to stop mid-jump cos the bloke's hit the ball first. I don't see that as a pen or a red card. If it happened at the other end where, say John Terry arrived late in the tackle after, say Giroud had shot it could well be a yellow card but that would be a tackle at ground level - when a keeper takes off for a high ball it's difficult to stop mid-flight to avoid a player, on the ground you can pull a foot out of the tackle (if you want to) to avoid any damage. Come on, the ref got it right, for once. Good thinking ref!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next