JWNED
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wn required!

+2
villainies
jpr60
6 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Wn required! - Page 8 Empty Re: Wn required!

Post  FrenchSpur Thu May 21, 2015 5:57 am

JPR..... YOu need to tell your team that the rectangular things at the end of the pitch is what they are aiming for.....

Howay the Mackems
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu May 21, 2015 8:23 am

Good point Frenchie, I'll pass it on! Very Happy

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Thu May 21, 2015 1:38 pm

jpr60 wrote:Oh ye of little faith, The Arsenal will not let me down (and, therefore, given your vague dislike of the Astons of Villa, there's nowt for you to concern yourself with)! Wink

Oh, really????

You were at home last night against a team that was BELOW viler in the table. Could you beat them? Could you feck!

Once again Arsenal fail to do the business. This is exactly what I've been telling you. You'll get turned over at Wembley and Benteke will send the goon 'fans' home crying. Arsenal simply aren't good enough when it comes down to it.

For a side that's in the top 3, you are dog shit.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu May 21, 2015 2:45 pm

Tilton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:Oh ye of little faith, The Arsenal will not let me down (and, therefore, given your vague dislike of the Astons of Villa, there's nowt for you to concern yourself with)! Wink

Oh, really????

You were at home last night against a team that was BELOW viler in the table. Could you beat them? Could you feck!

Once again Arsenal fail to do the business. This is exactly what I've been telling you. You'll get turned over at Wembley and Benteke will send the goon 'fans' home crying. Arsenal simply aren't good enough when it comes down to it.

Tut, tut Tilts, you're running at the mouth again. Chelsea are a top 3 team and they lost at home to WBA recently. We're keeping our powder dry(ish) for WBA at the weekend and Villa at Wembley. Never fear, The Arsenal will retain their grip on the old trophy!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri May 22, 2015 12:04 pm

jpr60 wrote:
Tilton wrote:

Oh, really????

Tut, tut Tilts, you're running at the mouth again. Chelsea are a top 3 team and they lost at home to WBA recently. We're keeping our powder dry(ish) for WBA at the weekend and Villa at Wembley. Never fear, The Arsenal will retain their grip on the old trophy!

Tut, tut jpr, you're talking bollocks yet again.

Chelsea did not lose at home to WBA recently. Chelsea beat them 2-0 at home this season. Are you getting confused with the time they lost AWAY to WBA?

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri May 22, 2015 3:40 pm

Tilton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
Tilton wrote:

Oh, really????

Tut, tut jpr, you're talking bollocks yet again.

Chelsea did not lose at home to WBA recently. Chelsea beat them 2-0 at home this season. Are you getting confused with the time they lost AWAY to WBA?

My bad (as my American cousins would and do say)! However the key was the word "recently", that is to see in the very recent past and, I believe my point is made.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri May 22, 2015 4:43 pm

You should get your facts right in the first place then, instead of talking bollocks.

So Chelsea (having won the title and having nothing left to prove or gain) lose AWAY to a team ABOVE viler in the table.
Arsenal (trying their hardest to finish 3rd) can only draw at HOME against a team BELOW viler.

Tell me how those two events are the same? You can't. Why even bring Chelsea into it?

The fact is, Arsenal are struggling a bit at the moment. The form they showed a month or two ago has deserted them in recent games. It's all falling apart again, at the worst possible time.

In your 2 Cup Finals of recent times you got battered by Blues and lost in the first, then you barely scraped past the mighty Hull Tigers in the second - needing extra time to beat them. You even needed extra time in your semi-final against a Reading side that finished 19th in the Championship! Hardly a convincing Wembley record, is it?

Now can you see why I have no confidence in Arsenal beating Aston Benteke FC in the final?

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri May 22, 2015 7:05 pm

If you choose to look upon the negatives, as so many people of various persuasions and affiliations seem to do when discussing Arsenal, for some reason, then you can make a case out for Arsenal being an extremely poor, under-achieving team. If you look at the facts surrounding this year's FA Cup Final you will see that both the opposing teams are capable of winning the match, given that every football game starts even thus a 50-50 win/lose ratio exists for both teams BUT The Arsenal are, simply the better team at present.
One might predict that on the day Aston Villa will win because Arsenal will fall apart (based on your references to a League Cup final that was lost to far inferior opponents a few years ago, or to the fact that Arsenal had to battle back to win against inferior opposition in the FA Cup in more recent times) or one could think that Arsenal are so much better than their opponents that the recent 1-5 shellacking that Villa suffered against Southampton is a more likely score-line for the game. I tend towards the latter, TBH because I know that the current squad, whatever eleven are chosen will be more than capable of burying whatever eleven start for Villa.
One can point to the fact that Benteke is potent in attack, that Agbonlahor is fast, that Grealish is a clever player etc. One may also highlight that certain of Villa's defenders will not be able to keep up with the quick-passing teamwork that Arsenal present, nor the speed of the likes of Alexis or Walcott, nor the power of Giroud or the subtlety of Ozil and that's not taking into consideration the guile of Ramsey or the intricate footwork of Cazorla.
One or more players may not be on form on the day - which applies to both teams - but, assuming that appalling luck does not play too much of a part in the game, The Arsenal will emerge as the winning team simply because they are the best. The old saying "May The Best Team Win" has never been more appropriate, IMO.

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sat May 23, 2015 8:15 pm

A nice* win against WBA tomorrow please to set us up to retain our hold on the FA Cup next weekend. That'll be a nice* end to the season for us, with great expectations for comings-and-goings during the summer followed by greater success in 2015-2016.
*Nice is such a soft word, innit? Come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun May 24, 2015 7:09 pm

That will do "nicely" - a convincing win, players coming back from injury to give Arsene a "nice" problem to solve for the starting eleven in the FA Cup Final next week. Whichever starting eleven he chooses will be OK with me, we've got s strong bench in case we need some additional expertise at some point in the match.

It's "nice" to be a Gooner, innit (that's obviously a rhetorical question)?

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Tue May 26, 2015 3:44 pm

Well, let's see if you still feel the same after you've been bummed by Benteke next weekend....

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Tue May 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Tilton wrote:Well, let's see if you still feel the same after you've been bummed by Benteke next weekend....

Mmmm, sounds like you're shifting camps a touch there Tilts. We've had a Villain getting excited about Liverpool this season, now you're getting a feeling about Villa, eh? It must be that old Sherwood magic that's won you over! Very Happy

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Wed May 27, 2015 4:33 pm

Oh, I've got a feeling about viler alright - a very, very bad feeling.

Benteke kept them up once again and now he's going to beat Arsenal. It's got nothing to do with Timmy Sherbert, it's Benteke who's the one causing all these problems. I wish he'd just feck off.

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Thu May 28, 2015 3:49 pm

Tilton wrote:Oh, I've got a feeling about viler alright - a very, very bad feeling.

Benteke kept them up once again and now he's going to beat Arsenal. It's got nothing to do with Timmy Sherbert, it's Benteke who's the one causing all these problems. I wish he'd just feck off.

No he isn't Tilts. The Arsenal are going to beat Aston Villa - trust me. Come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Fri May 29, 2015 2:04 pm

I want to trust you, jpr. I really do. But you're never right when it comes to footballing matters.
I suppose the law of averages means you have to be right sometime though.....

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur Fri May 29, 2015 5:05 pm

Well you have all the saints fans around here saying they are Gooners for Saturday.... Something about getting into the Also ran cup
FrenchSpur
FrenchSpur

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Fri May 29, 2015 8:22 pm

I believe that neutrals appreciate the way The Arsenal play football. They may not like Arsene Wenger (for whatever reason) but when you see a team playing excellent football it's difficult not to admire them. I want Arsenal to play well tomorrow, to show the neutrals what we can do and go out there and win with style. I think that's how it will turn out - come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 Sun May 31, 2015 12:55 pm

And it turned out just so. We bossed the game for 90-odd minutes, we scored excellent goals, played from back to front with aplomb and despite the fact that many are saying that Villa were sh!te on the day I reckon they were as good as we allowed them to be, so well done you Gunners! Let's hope that this is the start of something good, something very good. I can't wait for next season to begin - come on Arsenal!

jpr60

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:09 pm

jpr60 wrote:And it turned out just so. We bossed the game for 90-odd minutes, we scored excellent goals, played from back to front with aplomb and despite the fact that many are saying that Villa were sh!te on the day I reckon they were as good as we allowed them to be, so well done you Gunners! Let's hope that this is the start of something good, something very good. I can't wait for next season to begin - come on Arsenal!

No, they were just shite!

Congratulations Arsenal and you goons. A job well done. I never had any doubts that you would destroy them Laughing

Tilton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8